Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Super Smash Bros. Melee

183 posts in this topic

Posted

I pretty much stink with Pichu. <_< And I'm not going to lie to you, Ganondorf has nearly no combos. He's still my best character. Shiek has a lot of combos, though.

Posted

:embarrassed: I learned that the hard way...I was playing SSBM with my brother's friend's older brother, and He used shiek like a pro! I barley beat him with a stock remaining...

Posted

ya man sheik freakin has some of the best combos in the game!! but personally i think link has the best. if you can learn how to use the boomerang, bow and bombs without just standing off in the distance then you will do good with him. this might sound dumb to some of you but you dont have to throw things with the intent to hit your opponent with it every single time. you can just throw things near them to mess with their head cuz even if they know its now gonna hit them, they still see it coming and you can hit them while theyre worrying about the item. know what i mean?

Posted

I'm really no good at this game. I usually stick to keeping away from other, and just coming in when I see the chance, land a few hits, and get out before they can retaliate. I'm still no good, tho. :embarrassed:

Posted

ya man sheik freakin has some of the best combos in the game!! but personally i think link has the best. if you can learn how to use the boomerang, bow and bombs without just standing off in the distance then you will do good with him. this might sound dumb to some of you but you dont have to throw things with the intent to hit your opponent with it every single time. you can just throw things near them to mess with their head cuz even if they know its now gonna hit them, they still see it coming and you can hit them while theyre worrying about the item. know what i mean?

That's a good strategy. :)

Posted

My best character is Marth, for sure. Weird choice, I know, but I haven't lost since I started using him.

Posted

Then, you are more of a sword fighter... :P

Posted

thx tru gamer :D

My best character is Marth, for sure. Weird choice, I know, but I haven't lost since I started using him.

that again is where link can come in. a good thing to do against a good marth or roy user is to run at them knowing that they are gonna use their forward smash attack on you and try to keep you as far away as possible. so run at them and be ready to either down dodge or just straight up stop your run because they will have good timing with that forward smash attack. also keep in mind that the tip of marth's sword is his strongest point and roy's is the middle of his so that lets you know when a smart player will swing. and once you dodge, its over. grab him with link, toss him down, down smash, then follow him up into the air with either a forward A or just standard A attack. or to keep it simple just throw him down n then hit up-B. not saying marth or roy sucks at ALL cuz marth is one of my best n i love playing with him but theres always certain things to know about each character and which moves are typically used most in certain situations.

man i love this game :D

Posted

Wow. Yet another good strategy. *Gives haviklink a cookie*

Marth is probably my third best, followed closely by Link......

Posted

I also have strategies, but they are complicated and some of them can only be used in certain conditions... :unsure:

Posted

Ganondorf: Left/Right+B on opponent, Up+B on opponent, Down+B while in the air......

Peach {Hyrule Temple} [Against lvl 9 Mario]: All the way toward right edge, wait for Mario to come, jump off edge, Mario follows and tries to punch you, activate parasol, keep going left, Mario falls to his death and you land safely on platform below, lather, rinse, repeat. :D

Posted

While chasing opponent in Hyrule temple on the left edge(the place you can tap down to go under) use wall kicks to do a mid-air combo. Also, when retreating in any stage, use cover as often as possible. Dodge any attacks possible and wait for your moment to strike... when sent flying by a strong attack, or when an opponent is starting a combo, move your character away or dodge in mid-air, but dodge toward ground or your opponent can easily get the combo going again. In fourside, use your wall- jumps constantly, especially when falling down a skyscraper and can't get to safe ground with your recovery moves. These are just samples...my REAL strategys stay with me...sorry. :)

Posted

Captain Falcon: run full speed at the opponent while theyre on the ground and short jump to a down A stomp in air and jump backwards before touching the ground and forward A knee the $#!@ out of em before they can land

fox: grab them, throw them up and light up A them. they will fall in front of you so you can up smash them and follow them into the air with an up A in air

Samus: grab them n throw them down. follow that with a light down A into a up smash into a forward smash then chase it down with a missle. each hit will lead to the next and will give about 40 sumpthin damage if you do it right. or you can just keep a fully charged blast ready and throw them down and shoot it. but you have to do it right away after you throw them or it wont work so just keep hitting B really fast after you throw him.

Falco: grab them n throw them down and follow it quickly by a down B reflector shield. after that they will be sent up into the air by the reflector shield so jump up and drill kick them with down A and once you land forward smash the crap out of em and watch the fireworks

cant think of any others at the time...

Posted

had a few amazing games of melee the other day with me using samus and my friend using falco, i got beaten 2-1 but the time i beat him was by almost 2 lives.

Posted

im bout to play my friends tomorrow n i havent played them in a few weeks n theyve been practicing without me so its gonna be hard im most likely gonna lose... sux o well i love the game win or lose