Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alternative chatroom in the chat

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Some of you dont like the current chat.

Why dont you guys create an alternative chatroom on there? Like #hyrule or #chat or anything else you want? All of you that dont like the default room could create an alternate one to all chat in? Someone you trust could register it and make people mods for that room and stuff. Information on how to do that is in the chat help. To get in the room just type /join #roomname

Posted

What's the command to make it

Posted

Some of you dont like the current chat.

Why dont you guys create an alternative chatroom on there? Like #hyrule or #chat or anything else you want? All of you that dont like the default room could create an alternate one to all chat in? Someone you trust could register it and make people mods for that room and stuff. Information on how to do that is in the chat help. To get in the room just type /join #roomname

We DID do that, but when things started going well, the room was deleted. I had to make one all over again, and the modes that we put on it were being taken off constently. (+s and +k)

Posted

something tells me its all about usability and, there has to be the effort to get onto a seperate chatroom.

#zelda is the front end of the hyrule.net chat network and, well, with the kind of stuff that seems to go in there a lot of the time, I'm not really surprised a lot of people don't like it. There's far too much swearing/adult themes/suggestive themes/implied rape/muffin/random kicking/abusive shouting

That sounds like some kind of rating system, Hyrule.net chat system, rated M for mature.

Posted

Would someone answer my question?

Posted

It goes like this:

/chanserv register #<CHATROOMNAME> <PASSWORD> <SHORTDESCRIPTION>

(with out the brackets and enter the info that is capitalized) :unsure:

Posted (edited)

Question-

I don't like the in-browser chat, so I use an external client.

The problem is, I don't know what server it's on. Does anyone know?

By the way, I use Miranda IM, and I believe that it uses a different system to most other clients.

\/ Yeah, that's why I specified Miranda IM. It doesn't work on either of those systems.

Edited by Crusnik (see edit history)

Posted

irc.hyrule.net:7000

The server url is irc.hyrule.net and the port is 7000, as opposed to the default 6667. Atleast, that's what it says on the chat page.

Posted

Miranda IM is like msn aint it. Use mIRC.

Posted

something tells me its all about usability and, there has to be the effort to get onto a seperate chatroom.

#zelda is the front end of the hyrule.net chat network and, well, with the kind of stuff that seems to go in there a lot of the time, I'm not really surprised a lot of people don't like it. There's far too much swearing/adult themes/suggestive themes/implied rape/muffin/random kicking/abusive shouting

That sounds like some kind of rating system, Hyrule.net chat system, rated M for mature.

We were using it every day, just one day we came and it had been deleted.

Posted

It goes like this:

/chanserv register #<CHATROOMNAME> <PASSWORD> <SHORTDESCRIPTION>

(with out the brackets and enter the info that is capitalized) :unsure:

no that's to register it once it's been made, I need to know how to make it.

Posted

No, I'm pretty sure that can just be used at the main server window. The chanserv bot will create it and everything. But to just create a temporary room, type /join #<roomname> If it's not an established room, you will be made op of it.

Posted (edited)

no that's to register it once it's been made, I need to know how to make it.

I think to register is to make. :unsure:

Since thats the same code i used for my chatroom. :(:unsure:

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

To make a room, just join it: /join #roomname

Then to keep it so it will remember your settings and mods and stuff, you need to register it. This saves it. Otherwise once the room goes empty, all settings will be lost.

I've added a little drop-down box on the lower left of the chat to make it easier to join pre-made channels. It also lists the current number of users in the room and the max ever in the room (ie. #roomname (currentusers/maxusers)).

As for the mature rating, we tried moving that stuff to #shower for a while and it seemed to work. Maybe we can get people to do that again.... ask them to move the mature things more to the shower.

Posted

.... ask them to move the mature things more to the shower.

Rofl....Dustin = Awesome.

So, yeah, there's a lot of mature/adult stuff that goes on in #Zelda. I wouldn't have it any other way. Makes the room THAT much more entertaining. But I can see where some people would be offended by that type of atmosphere.