Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling All Members for Input - Give us your list!

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I am calling on all members to give input on the things they would like to see added, improved upon, or changed on this site in order of the priority you want them done. We have ideas for things to do, but we would love to get all of your opinions on what you want done, and the other you want it done in. This will give us a better idea on what to focus on.

Some things to think about: What can we do better? What do you go to other sites for that we could add here? What annoys you about the site? What do we do that other sites do better? What do we do that we do BETTER? Want more games? More competitions? More interactive things? More Zelda content? Want more free services (web, chat, ftp, email, teamspeak, paintchat, muds)? Meme things (ie 'You've been tingled' chain site things, collecting Ninja Cats)? Think of all the things the internet and other sites have to offer and think of which ones we should, or could add!

Help us focus the direction of Hyrule.net's improvements to make this the #1 most popular Zelda website online like it used to be! Give us a list of all your ideas or things you want to happen in order of priority with the things you want to happen most at the top. [b]This site is for you guys, so help shape the future of Hyrule.net![/b]

Posted

This place needs more secks. And more ponies that eat rainbows, and poop butterflies.

Posted

[quote name='Dragon Mage' post='132676' date='Mar 24 2008, 08:00 PM']This place needs more secks. And more ponies that eat rainbows, and poop butterflies.[/quote]

:huh: If you're looking for THAT sort of thing, the chat is that way. -->

Anyway, I'd like to see munjpets completely removed and replaced with more trading items and quests. Also, an organized brawl tounament would be nice, but I heard Gingerlink was already working on that.

Posted

[quote name='Knuckle' post='132680' date='Mar 24 2008, 08:39 PM']:huh: If you're looking for THAT sort of thing, the chat is that way. -->

Anyway, I'd like to see munjpets completely removed and replaced with more trading items and quests. Also, an organized brawl tounament would be nice, but I heard Gingerlink was already working on that.[/quote]
yar, if they do remove munj pets, members would want a refund. especially those who have spent 30,000 rupees on it. :unsure:

but anyways, this is just fine for now.

Posted

Now this suggestion wasn't made by me.

But i thought i'd post it here for them.

A Hyl!an Human said this-[quote]Maybe Dustin should add an option to the forums...
Like, whether or not to have colored text in posts.
That way, those who want colored posts can, and those who don't want to read colored posts don't have to.
Then we'd all be happy. But can Dustin actually do that?[/quote]

Cat Girl said this-[quote]That's awesome! I hope he can! That'd be like..."Disable colored text in posts: *scroll bar* Yes No"[/quote]

Just a suggestion from them. :unsure:

Posted

Well since there is a lot of topics for stuff like
Arcane's sig shop
Oh Noes Stylized shop
Saria's MV shop

I would like to see a business/shop forum or something

Posted

[quote name='Knuckle' post='132680' date='Mar 24 2008, 06:39 PM']:huh: If you're looking for THAT sort of thing, the chat is that way. -->

Anyway, I'd like to see munjpets completely removed and replaced with more trading items and quests. Also, an organized brawl tounament would be nice, but I heard Gingerlink was already working on that.[/quote]
Yea i think that we do need more quests, and more items would indeed make things easier.
But i would love to see more quests added.

Posted

if you don't like the munjpets don't use it...

Posted

I agree with Spartan of Hylia. A forum where we can start a business/shop would be nice. And maybe an allowance once every week or something. I know for a fact you can give members allowances with PHPBB.

Posted

But this is Invision Power Board, the greatest forum software to ever be invented. Too bad they charge for it. I've bought a lot of licenses for past sites.

More trading items and quests por favor! :joy: :D

Posted

one thing i detest is having to wait 183 days to change my display name :(

i just want to change it now, i mean 183 days is a very long time :tired:

and later this month/next month a mario kart wii tournamet would be smashing :crazy:

Posted

okie dokie

[quote name='Knuckle' post='132680' date='Mar 25 2008, 02:39 AM']:huh: If you're looking for THAT sort of thing, the chat is that way. -->

Yep, I'm working on the brawl tournament, sign-ups should begin in the next couple of days.
@ munjpets - there's not really much need to remove anything as such, especially if some people have put a lot of rupees into it
@ quests - these seem to be pretty fiddley to work out something genuinely enjoyable, but we're trying.

@chefnonsense about coloured text posts
Dustin said there wasn't a way to fix that on the forums, but we'll keep looking into it.

[quote name='Spartan on Hylia']Well since there is a lot of topics for stuff like
Arcane's sig shop
Oh Noes Stylized shop
Saria's MV shop

I would like to see a business/shop forum or something[/quote]

That's a good idea, it ought to be added soon, it will be a nice simple place for people to go if they're looking for something, Tappy, Zuzu or Dustin ought to be able to do that at some point.

@LDGM
that's mostly so that people don't get lost in having no idea who other people are, by restricting changes it at least keeps things under control a bit. We may allow people to change it more often, but at a large cost of rupees or something

Also, the Mario kart tournament will be using a very similar system to the brawl one, so it will be easy to set up.

Posted

Well, you guys should shorten it so the time to change your name is about 1-2 months. I mean, 183 days is a pretty long time.

Posted

Hyule city !!
A picture you can click on to go to the pet shop, go fight, fish,...
Make whole this site a mini-RPG :D

Posted

[quote name='Link Player' post='132714' date='Mar 25 2008, 11:59 AM']Well, you guys should shorten it so the time to change your name is about 1-2 months. I mean, 183 days is a pretty long time.[/quote]

yes, around that time seems good to me