Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Hyrule.net Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament

60 posts in this topic

Posted

Two people (even three I think!) can play on the same Wii online with friends. I've played a couple of team-matches and free for alls with my brother. Online.

[quote name='Knuckle']Is there any way that two people who share a wii could be in the tournament?[/quote]
I assume these matches are "arrange and get done with the match before <date> of April."
So yes, I guess it's possible.

Posted

14 sign-ups so far.

Once it goes past 16 (which it hopefully will) I want to aim for 64! :D (although 64 would probabbly have to be the limit)

In the case that it's above 16, but below 32, the more active members will be given bye matches to get into the second round, wheras less active members will have to play an extra qualifying round.

Posted

When do you plan to start the tournament? As soon as we have 16/32 or so signed up?

Oh, and I bet 999 rupees that I will win the whole thing.

Posted

I'll probably get my butt kicked.....but oh well.

The email i got was funny XD

IKE SHALL DESTROY YOU ALL!!!! :evil:

Posted

[quote name='The Great Cheese' post='139605' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:03 PM']When do you plan to start the tournament? As soon as we have 16/32 or so signed up?

Oh, and I bet 999 rupees that I will win the whole thing.[/quote]

I said the deadline for entires, so after that I'll draw up all the games and you can get started.

Posted

Please stop with the whole, "I'M GOING TO OWN YOU ALL" thing.
It's immature, and since we have items, you could get smacked in the face by a random-*** hammer by a lucky newb. (Coughcough Jory)

Well, I was planning on using my Classic Controller, which is normally a restraint I'm training with, but since I can't find it, I'm gonna' use my GC controller.
Also, I hope there isn't lag.
Lag could destroy the entire match.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I HATE WHEN IT LAGS!!!

Me and Oh Noes aren't even very far away :( and our match got shut down :cry:

Andh ammers are no problem when im Ike, counter PWNS!!!

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='139656' date='Apr 21 2008, 11:21 PM']Please stop with the whole, "I'M GOING TO OWN YOU ALL" thing.
It's immature, and since we have items, you could get smacked in the face by a random-*** hammer by a lucky newb. (Coughcough Jory)

Well, I was planning on using my Classic Controller, which is normally a restraint I'm training with, but since I can't find it, I'm gonna' use my GC controller.
Also, I hope there isn't lag.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

this is why I would've preferred the league system, that would even out any sense of luck.

Although seriously, hammers are borked on brawl, they're not that powerful anymore and they're even easier to dodge than on melee. There's really not that much to complain about, if the match is so close that you lose because of something like that, then you didn't deserve the win THAT much anyway.

Although I agree, please stop with the whole "I'M GOING TO OWN YOU ALL" thing, it IS immature.

Posted

I wasn't serious, to be honest. More of a joke-bet. Because I doubt I'll win.

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='139656' date='Apr 21 2008, 05:21 PM']Also, I hope there isn't lag.
Sahaqiel[/quote]
Items can "destroy" an entire match for one person. Too much randomness.

EDIT: By the way, items are OK if the broken ones are off.

Posted

Well, I've signed up. Hope this all works out. I'll be using Marth, by the way.

Posted

How do know whether or not the thing registered me or not? I'm not really sure.

Posted

[quote name='bop14' post='139877' date='Apr 22 2008, 06:15 PM']How do know whether or not the thing registered me or not? I'm not really sure.[/quote]

it should send you an e-mail but will someone please tell me how to fix my wifi so i can actually enter this tournament

Posted

I meant Golden Hammers, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily. I mean, you can basically edgehog with them and fly.
And are all the codes on the website?
For Brawl?
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='139910' date='Apr 23 2008, 04:02 AM']I meant Golden Hammers, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as easily. I mean, you can basically edgehog with them and fly.
And are all the codes on the website?
For Brawl?
Sahaqiel[/quote]

not necessarily, but I'll give you the codes for the people you're playing. To be honest, I havn't lost a single game due to having bad luck with items. My only disadvantage is I'm rubbish at breaking final smashes compared to computers, tends to be the main reason I occasionally lose against level 9s. Of course, breaking final smashes is just another skill thing.

Bop, I'll check if I got your details later.

The next "tournament" will probabbly be a long running "hardcore" league/ladder, which will be any stage, but no items and 1v1s

I reckon you could "fix" heart pieces, by when a character picks it up, they hold it above their head like link as their damage goes down, meaning if you pick one up without due care and attention, someone can get in and smash you off (your original damage counts until it's finished dropping on the counter). Heart pieces are the only thing I believe to be a "broken" item though. They are most annoying when you've failed to smash someone off who's on high health though, so again, it's another skill thing.

Posted

April 27th is closing in... :n_n: