Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Top 10 Bizarre Mormon Beliefs

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A popular thing going around is that we get "magic" underwear.

:lol:

We do, kinda, not really, but....It's kinda hard to describe to people who aren't Mormon. Magic underwear, ha!

Also, people have nothing against Mormons around my town, but for some reason everyone hates Jews! C'mon! Thats not cool.

Edited by Goron Lord (see edit history)

Posted

The reason people don't like Mormons is that you have a bizarre faith structure. People laugh at Scientology because it's so absolutely absurd and they can never see themselves joining it. LDS is slightly more down-to-Earth, and that rubs people the wrong way because they don't like to imagine that they or someone similar to them could possibly believe in your religion.

Posted

It just seems really unlikely, though.

I mean, the dude who founded it claimed to have found the sacred scriptures Jesus left in the Americas, where he supposedly taught Native Americans about Christianity, (And let's face it-- were there any Christian Native Americans by the time the Spanish and British arrived?) and that the dude was infamous for his "tall tales", and that he, through founding the Mormon faith, got the company of many, many women, and that African Americans are supposedly the result of gods being neutral during a time of dispute...

Yeah, it just seems pretty unlikely.

I mean, I'm not bashing your religion, but I logically don't see it.

But, logic can't be applied to religion.

Sahaqiel

Posted

It just seems really unlikely, though.

So does everything that has to do with religion.

It's just the way things are.

Posted

I'm mormon so is Arcanelord and Pokefan too I don't see what people have against us were really nice

hey, I'm mormon too, way more active than Pokefan :P

Posted

i'm way more active then you, i just don't post. i just.... lurk.

anyways, all of those "beliefs" are true about the mormon religion, to my knowledge atleast. and women can't get priesthood because they have something of their own, though i forget the name. or atleast, i think they do.

Posted

I didn't mean active on hyrule, i'm a more active mormon than you PF,

but no, women don't have anything of their own.

How it works is since the mother creates the body of a child, the man has the preisthood. It's kind of hard to explain

Posted

I don't really think much of religions that are predominantly sexist or racist...

Sahaqiel

Posted

I am LDS too lol im active as well and Some of the things you have said or I have read on this forum concerning "Mormonism" is just misunderstood but I don't feel like correcting anyone bacuse i would be hated and im lazy...so Pokefan, Luneth Uchiha, Arcanelord, Knockdown, The Silent One, and I are all mormon and as far as i know

I'm mormon so is Arcanelord and Pokefan too I don't see what people have against us were really nice

We are really nice so...yeah.

BTW Magic underwear...LOL thats really funny!

Posted

I disrespect mormons for their support and practice of polygamy and racism.

Posted

I disrespect mormons for their support and practice of polygamy and racism.

Mormons haven't practiced polygamy and racism for decades.

Posted (edited)

We do not support polygamy at all, in fact we hate it, for a very very short time in history some of our men took in extra woman into their homes because we had to, I mean after the U.S.A persecuted us to the point where we had to move to Mexico territory (what is now Utah), just so we weren't all killed by the raids and massacres that the U.S. had thrusted upon us. I mean there were just more women then men so we had make room for them instead of letting them freeze to death outside. Wow that is so horrible, just because the F.L.D.S decided to form because of it doesn't make us support Polygamy! We have not even considered polygamy to be even remotely decent since the 1800's.

Also we are not Racist or sexist, as a church. The priesthood can be obtained by women through Temple Marriage. I mean if the man has the priesthood and the women control the man, then the women control the priesthood. And perhaps we were Racist until Black people were allowed to get the priesthood, but we believed they were worthy to hold the Priesthood, and we changed our rules for them, how is that racist?

And no Sahaqiel "The dude" you speak of did not claim to have found the scriptures Jesus left in the Americas, he found the scriptures that Mormon left in the Americas, Mormon was the last Prophet to write in the Book of Mormon, and he is the reason we inherited that name the scriptures that were passed down to him from a long line of Nephites, Nephites and Lamanites were the people descended from Lehi's family, who came to the Americas, from the middle east. And brought with them said scriptures.

And one more thing, how is not drinking alcohol or using tobacco a bizarre belief? Modern science has proven that these things will kill you over time. We technically are not against caffeine, that was an assumption made because our scriptures said no hot drinks, referring to coffee and tea, and since caffeine is the only substance in those that is remotely harmful, everyone assumed caffeine was against our beliefs. But chocolate has a fair amount of caffeine in it so if we were against caffeine then we wouldn't eat chocolate.

Basically we are just careful not to become addicted to anything.

Edited by Silent One (see edit history)

Posted

Well...My thunder was stoled LOL but yeah its al true what ^ he said.

Posted

Oh, sorry man I didn't mean to steal your thunder, I just wanted to say what I thought.

Posted

A bit of clarification on the "Women can't have teh pristhood???? SEXIST!!!": Women and men and meant to play different roles. They both bring about the Lord's work. By "The Priesthood" we refer to the powers given to man to serve him properly. The women don't need it to play their part. I can't explain it 100%, but that's the gist of it, I think.