Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Top 10 Bizarre Mormon Beliefs

34 posts in this topic

Posted

The women's part of the role in Arcanelord's post is to bring life into the world, and then to nurture their children. Yes for future reference I am mormon :P

Posted

The fact of the matter is, you aren't "sexist" if you let a man do a man's job. I get sick and tired of being politically correct, and I get what you're saying Arcanelord. A man has his place in the world, and a woman has her's. Better or worse is your opinion, frankly, but men are anatomically built to be leaders, they are religiously chosen to be leaders, and they are politically and socially the dominant sex. Does that make women less? No, not in the least. Women have a special place in life as well. They're role is to bring life into the world. Men are meant to protect and love women, not force dominance on them. In turn, women are meant to honor and love their men.

If you blend men and women together, you won't be able to treat men or women right. Sometimes, a man just wants to feel needed. He can't if his wife bosses him around all the time. Sometimes, a woman just wants to feel pretty and loved. She can't do that if you give her overalls and call her "sir".

Posted

You get karma for that post. :D

Posted (edited)

The origins of the book of mormon, Joseph Smith, and some of the beliefs are pretty.... um... controversial?

I was good friends with a Mormon in Highschool. I was pretty shocked by some of the Mormon beliefs.

Is the idea that you get to be "Heavenly Father" of your own planet a widespread belief by Mormons or is that limited to certain groups of them? I can't remember.

I did a lot of research on it online and discussion with my friend about it. It all kind of rubbed me as kind of creepy too with all the secrets and demands of the church, holy underwear, the rose colored glasses and disappearing plates. :wacko:

My friend eventually ran from the church after discovering more about it... I think a lot of people are misinformed about what the church is really all about as they don't teach a lot of the more controversial stuff until you've been in it longer, much like Scientology does.

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)