New Game ideas

35 posts in this topic

Posted

uuuuuuuuhhhhhh dont you think 67 is kinda old for the hero of time :embarrassed:

go kid link

Posted

okeay.... ergmm :embarrassed:

Well we all hope always nintendo read this :P

I want online mode in zelda and zelda channel and mii zelda colthes! xD

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone :biggrin: I'm glad everybody posted, but theres an arguement over young Link or teen Link.... I dont want peeps to be angry at other peeps....

I dont know if this is true or not but xbox is making a Zelda game for the 360....

on another note...... :offtopic: I jumped 24 feet and 1/2 an inch... in cm that would be.... um....uh.... I'll be right back...k... now ...do the math............................................................................

............................802 cm! just over 8 meters... :offtopic: this was at a track meet yesterday...

Any way I have a friend thats a little obssesive with l.o.z (legend of zelda) and has read this like ......everyday... and he told me at lunch that he's trying to write a continuation to TP... using the ideas we have here..... I read the first chapter and its pretty good.... im going to post the teaser he wrote, if its alright with you guys.... ok?...

Edited by Shiny Sword (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

zelda xbox nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i dont have an xbox so i hope its not real and if it is real and awesome then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by real link (see edit history)

Posted

on another note...... :offtopic: I jumped 24 feet and 1/2 an inch... in cm that would be.... um....uh.... I'll be right back...k... now ...do the math............................................................................

............................802 cm! just over 8 meters... :offtopic: this was at a track meet yesterday...

Holy crap! 24 feet? The best jumper on my team can't get more than 21 and he prequalified for state.

Posted

i want either, a wii version sequel to windwaker, or a game where you get to be bad or good, like shadow the hedgehog!

BUT THEY MUST PUT WW LINK IN THERE OR ELSE!

How about a game where YL, and a TL work together. andthenyounglinkbecomesabackstabberandkillstoonlinkandtakesalltheglory.

That last part would be cool but Toon Link would be mad.

Or like the shadow thing.

Posted (edited)

:rockstars: Aw sweet ! We made it to two pages! :joy: and the triforce thingy turned red! :unsure: ( is that a good thing or bad thing?)

Also, I was wondering why People havn't posted on the topic thing in two days... :huh:

any way, nobody ever answered about the story my friend is writing... I have recieved word via e-mail that the title is Called The Legend of Zelda (duh) and the Puppet Master.

:gotsword: -Shiny Sword-

Edited by Shiny Sword (see edit history)

Posted

Why am I the only one that likes that likes the older Link?!?!?!? :cry: The older one is more mature...ish...kinda...

:gotsword: -Shiny Sword-

I don't get why young link is so awesome. I always hated young link

Posted

well technicly wwlink is young so..............

Posted

:joy: nintendo should make a zelda online game mmrpg

the place will be in different worlds like WOW Hyrule, Termina, Twlight all the worlds that have apperaed in the zelda franchise

the races, the races the game will have are the ones all know, gorons, zoras, hylians, dekus, kokiris, sheikans, gerudos etc.

they can put different missions according to the race you select

they can make the game for the wii the pc or xbox 360(lol its cuz i have a 360)

post-6285-1214958072_thumb.png

post-6285-1214958095.gif

post-6285-1214958109.gif

Posted

The Legend of Zelda: Clarinet of Quantum Physics

I would so buy that.

Posted

i want either, a wii version sequel to windwaker, or a game where you get to be bad or good, like shadow the hedgehog!

BUT THEY MUST PUT WW LINK IN THERE OR ELSE!

well here i go again with a long post :wacko::fear:

PROLOGUE: THE LEGEND CONTINUES...

(copied from the Wind Waker Instruction Manual)

Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then...just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend.

And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. But the hero did not appear...

What became of that kingdom...? None remain who know.

(copied material from Phantom Hourglass intro)

Except for two heroes.

There was a young girl, savvy to the seas and head of a band of pirates.

Her name was Tetra. She was pretty, brash, and brave.

Tetra and her handsome pirates set out to explore the vast and unfamiliar seas.

One day at a stop on and island, Tetra met a young boy named Link, dressed in green

After a series of strange events, the two began traveling together...

They found old ruins, and light enveloped Tetra...

At once, she transformed into a beautiful princess.

Her lineage traced back to an ancient, ruined kingdom.

She was Princess Zelda of the Kingdom of Hyrule.

(copied material ends here)

=======================================================

It was then that the dark one from the legends appeared, hoping to use Hyrule's Golden Power to transform the world into a wasteland. He attacked Zelda and Link to take their pieces of the power. But the two worked together and vanquished that evil man, once and for all.

However, they had to make a sacrifice to beat him. The king of Hyrule used the Golden Power to wipe out his own kingdom. Zelda vowed to restore Hyrule--but the king's last wish was instead for her and Link to discover their own world. The king was washed away with his kingdom...

Link, Tetra, and the pirates embarked on a journey to discover the new world. Along the way, they faced many trials and tribulations, exploring new islands, defeating fell phantoms, and making new friends.

Their journey still continues to this very day. While memories of their past adventures and friends remain strong in their minds, they would like nothing more than to finally discover the world that awaits them...

OVERHEARD IN A KAIMANA CAFE

Well, let me tell ya, I've seen a lot of things in my day. But nothin' like this. Ya see, it all started when we rolled into this here port. Me and the boys were so impressed by this place that we all split up to enjoy this fine establishment. That was our first mistake. We let our leader, Miss Tetra, and her pet, this shrimp that stowed away with us, wonder off by themselves. That shrimp let our Miss go missing! I tell ya, I was not the happiest sea dog in the world right at that moment.

It was that Gerudo tribe that took her. Now those are some pirates! We'd just about met our match. But we managed to save her anyway. The leader of the Gerudo, Regina--aye, she's a fine one!--told us that they were trying to excavate an ancient land beneath the waves. Now, for some reason, the Miss has a curiosity in stuff like that, so we had to do what she said.

So you wanna know how things turned out? Then ya'd better sit down and grab another cold one. It's a long tale...

END STORY

I have a lot more than this, including characters, items, locations, enemies, the whole plot, etc...But I want to gauge the interest before I put more work into it.

I'll start with some basic information, then post the plot synopsis later.

[[Anything in equals signs are author notes.]]

MAIN CHARACTERS

Link: The Wind Waker. The Hero of Winds. Shrimp. Whatever you wanna call him, it's the same kid. Link, from an island far to the south, has saved the Great Sea on multiple occasions, and now it sees trouble has found him once again.

Tetra: Tetra inherited the pirate ship and its crew when her mother, the late pirate queen Isabelle, passed away. She is the last remaining link in the Hyrule bloodline. In reality, she is the princess Zelda, although she has since last that form.

The Pirates: Gonzo, Senza, Nudge, Zuko, Mako, and Niko. The gang's all here. Although Tetra's sense of justice often gets them into sticky situations, they also have a deep respect for her. Although they've had more than their share of adventure, all they really want is a relaxing night at the local tavern.

Vaati: The Wind Sorcerer. Vaati was freed from his seal at the same time as the dark one spoken of in the legends. Vaati apparently has a strong connection of the Links and Zeldas of the past, and would like nothing more than to become the most powerful sorcerer the world has ever seen. Something in the Velimir Archipelago has attracted his interested, and his destiny will intertwine with Link and Zelda's once more. [[The Velimir Archipelago is a small chain of large islands that serves as the setting for the game.]]

Regina: The leader of the Gerudo pirates, Regina possesses both beauty and brilliance. Although she may appear ruthless and is feared by many, she is deceptively kind-natured. Her current goal is to excavate a land beneath the waves of the Velimir Archipelago. Why she wants do this, however, remains a mystery...

Jolene: A pirate that Link has had skirmishes with before, Jolene is actually a headstrong Gerudo. Apparently, she's the black sheep of the Gerudo, but she does sometimes visit them. Sometimes, she'll serve as Link's guide.

Jeremy: A swordsman Link meets on Kaiman Island. He sort of takes Link under his wing. Even with all Link's past adventures, Jeremy far surpasses him in skill. Jeremy serves as Link's mentor, giving him advice on what to do next.

Clark: A traveling historian who has found his way to Kaiman Island. Clark somehow recognizes Link as the hero he is. Link meets Clark at the library in Kaiman searching for a tome called the Book of Mudora, which is fabled to contain legends long forgotten. However, upon discovering much of the book is incomplete, Clark enlists the aid of Link to restore it.

Lala: The Rito postwoman of the Velimir Archipelago. Unlike most Rito, Lala is cheery and has a bright attitude. Lala is one of the first friends Link meets when she helps him get to the Gerudo Fortress. One of the only few Rito living in the archipelago, the male Rito are always trying to win her over. A young Rito named Koroli, in particular, fancies her.

Epona: The ranch on Kaiman Island has many steeds, but none gives Rigby, the owner, more trouble than Epona. For some reason, she just can't be tamed. Perhaps Link can calm her down? [[After Epona is tamed, she can be used to travel across land. Once the pirate ship is repaired, she will be stored on board, and can be taken to different islands.]]

Dimitri: A friendly Dodongo that lives at Lake Kaiman. Dimitri seems to be skittish of humans, but when Link saves him from a group of poachers, they become fast friends. [[if Link is not using a motorboat, he can call on Dimitri to cross freshwater bodies of water.]]

Tingle: When Tingle heard that 'Mr. Fairy' had left the southern Great Sea, he immediately packed up shop and dragged his brothers to the Velimir Archipelago. Why? Because Link is his number one source of cash! Tingle sells maps and charts to Link. He may even help him with some other things from time to time. [[Don't hate me. Zelda isn't Zelda without Tingle.]]

Beedle: Beedle is also back, running his chain of shop ships with his usual gusto.

Freedle: The hippie from Phantom Hourglass is another returning character. He likes nothing more than to strum a few riffs on his guitar. He assists Link with the Online aspect of Forgotten Phoenix. [[More on that later.]]

Dona: The mysterious goddess spoken of in the Velimir legends. She appears to Link many times in physical form.

[[There are many more characters, but these are the important ones. I'll add more soon (if anyone even replies).]]

Now I will post the items. Before I do, though, there are two very important things that change the gameplay dramatically.

1. In a deus ex machina, Link loses all his equipment from Phantom Hourglass at the beginning of the game when the pirate ship wrecks.

2. Link and Tetra constantly work together. They're partners. You can switch between the two of them. The character that's not being controlled will follow, or can be left behind. It's sort of like Medli and Makar in Wind Waker, except the CPU-controlled character is far more helpful. The CPU-controlled character can fight too. Of course, they can also be set to not fight. They may even heal the player character when necessary. In addition, items can be exchanged between the two of them. It's sort of like Billy and Rebecca in Resident Evil 0, if anyone's played that. SIDE NOTE: If a second controlled is plugged in, the other person can play as the character that isn't being controlled by Player 1. Unfortunately, the camera stays focused on Player 1, so Player 2 may have a hard time keeping up. However, if the two characters are separated, the screen will split. In situations where Link or Tetra are missing for plot reasons, the second player is out of luck. You can even play with friends via Wi-Fi!

3. The main gimmick of the game is elements. After Link rescues Tetra from the Gerudo, the Gerudo leader, Regina, tells them that in order to excavate the underwater world of Calatia, they will have to collect the four elements. Once Link gains an element, he can use it to enhance the properties of most of his items. The four initial elements are Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind. Later, they discover that there are two more elements, Light and Dark. However, using elements drains magic.

Item list in next post...

Without further ado, here's the items, listed in the order you get them.

HERO'S TUNIC

Link starts out with the Hero's Tunic. The only thing it does is make him look pretty. Only Link can use this item.

Fire--When the fire element is added, Link can withstand extreme heats and actually absorbs any fire-related damage. Using the Fire Tunic doesn't drain magic.

Water--When the water element is added, Link will have no trouble swimming and even breathing underwater. For once, you can actually dive beneath the surface of the Great Sea! He even absorbs any water-related damage. Using the Water Tunic doesn't drain magic.

Earth--Link takes 1/5 less damage. He also absorbs any earth-related damage. Using the Earth Tunic doesn't drain magic.

Wind--When the wind element is added, a protective shield of wind swirls around Link. While it doesn't damage enemies, it does keep them away. However, projectiles can still hurt him, and the whirlwind makes interacting with the environment rather difficult. He does absorb all wind-related damage, though. Using the Wind Tunic doesn't drain magic.

Light--When the light element is added, Link becomes completely invulnerable to all damage, as long as he is in sunlight. He absorbs all light-related damage. Using the Light Tunic drains magic.

Dark--When the dark element is added, Link becomes completely invulnerable to all damage, as long as he is the shadows. He even absorbs all dark-related damage. In addition, he becomes completely invisible in the darkness. Using the Dark Tunic drains health. However, it can't kill Link.

HERO'S BOOTS

Link starts out with the Hero's Boots. They keep his feet warm. Only Link can use this item.

Fire--The Fire Element allows Link to walk on hot surfaces, including magma and even lava (for a limited time). Using Fire Boots doesn't require magic.

Water--The Water Element allows Link to walk across water (gasp?!). Using Water Boots doesn't require magic.

Earth--The Earth Element increases Link's weight significantly (think Iron Boots without magnetism). If he uses these in water, he'll sink to the bottom. Using Earth Boots doesn't require magic.

Wind--The Wind Element decreases Link's weight significantly. Not only that, but if he walks into thin air, he won't fall! He defies gravity (think Hover Boots without a time limit). Using Wind Boots doesn't require magic.

Light--The Light Element gives Link the ability to jump (gasp again?!). However, each jump requires a little magic.

Dark--The Dark Element gives Link the ability to tread without making a sound. Useful in stealth situations, but it drains health. However, it won't kill Link.

WALLET

Both Link and Tetra start out with one of these. It can hold up to 200 Rupees.

PIRATE'S CHARM

A piece of an ancient Sheikah Gossip Stone, both Link and Tetra start out with one of these. It allows them to communicate with each other when split up. If playing Online, the Pirate's Charm can be used for voice chat. Pre-recorded text messages can also be used.

RUPEES

Common pick-ups that can be found in pots, rocks, weeds, and other places. Thanks to the shipwreck at the beginning of the game, Link starts out with 0 Rupees. Green are worth 1, Blue are worth 5, Red are worth 20, Purple are worth 50, Orange are worth 100, Silver are worth 200, Gold are worth 500, and a Platinum Rupee will fill a Wallet to the brim.

RECOVERY HEARTS

Common pick-ups that can be found in pots, rocks, weeds, and other places. It restores one Heart Container of health.

PIECES OF HEART

Fragmented Heart Containers. Collecting four Pieces of Heart will create one Heart Container. Pieces of Heart can be gotten in a large number of ways, though they are all optional. There are a huge number of Pieces of Heart, because both Link and Tetra need health.

FOOD SATCHEL

Link can buy a Food Satchel from the pet store very early in the game, in Kaiman Town. It allows him to carry around various assortments of bait and food. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

ALL-PURPOSE BAIT

It's back, and this time it's even more all-purpose. All-Purpose Bait can be bought from the pet store in Kaiman Town or from Beedle. It is carried in the Food Satchel. Spreading it not only attracts Cuccos, Wild Pigs, and other animals, but even the more feral enemies will stop attacking to gobble this stuff up! It can also be used as fishing bait, although it's considered illegal. Spreading some on the surface of freshwater will summon Dimitri, the Dodongo. It can even be eaten, though one serving of All-Purpose Bait only restores one Heart Container. Both Link and Tetra can use All-Purpose Bait.

BOKO SEEDS

Seeds can be bought from the pet store in Kaiman Town, or from Beedle. They are stored in the Food Satchel. Both Link and Tetra can use Seeds. On their own, all they do is become plants (think Magic Beans). But when an element is added...

Fire--The Fire Element causes whatever the seed is thrown on to combust in a ball of fire. Using Fire Seeds does not require magic.

Water--The Water Element causes whatever the seed is thrown on to be doused in an bubble of water. Using Water Seeds does not require magic.

Earth--The Earth Element causes whatever the seed is thrown on to slowly become overgrown with plant life. This is very effective on smaller enemies. Using Earth Seeds does not require magic.

Wind--The Wind Element causes whatever the seed is thrown on to be sucked up in a small whirlwind. While this doesn't do any real damage, it can be amusing to watch an enemy be flail helplessly. Using Wind Seeds does not require magic.

Light--The Light Element causes the seed to explode in a flash of light (think Deku Nut). Using Light Seeds requires magic.

Dark--The Dark Element causes whatever the seed is thrown on to be turned to stone. Using Dark Seeds requires health, but it can not kill Link or Tetra.

BOKO STICKS

Boko Sticks can be bought at the Kaiman pet shop, or from Beedle. They work exactly like Deku Sticks, except they don't break and can be used as a weapon. They are used primarily for transferring flames, which DOES eventually burn the sticks. They are stored in the Food Satchel. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

MUSHROOMS

While Mushrooms can be picked in the Emerald Meadows, and some other places, they can also be bought at the Kaiman pet shop. It can be eaten, although the effects are somewhat random--it can heal or hurt. Giving a Mushroom to Koume and Kotake at the potion shop allows them to create potions. Mushrooms are stored in the Food Satchel. Both Link and Tetra can use them.

Fishing bait in next post...

Items, continued...

BEE LARVA

Bee Larva can be bought at the Kaiman pet store or at Flamma Ranch. It can be eaten to restore one Heart Container, but it's better used as bait for fishing. Bee Larva is probably the worst type of bait. It is stored in the Food Satchel. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

WORMS

Worms can be bought at the Kaiman pet store or at Flamma Ranch. It can be eaten to restore two Heart Containers, but it's better used as bait for fishing. Worms are better than Bee Larva, but not as good as All-Purpose Bait or Shrimp. They are stored in the Food Satchel. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

SHRIMP

Shrimp can only be bought at Flamma Ranch, although they can also be caught as fish themselves. They can be eaten to restore four Heart Containers, but they're better used as bait for fishing. Shrimp are the best kind of bait, and one of the few things that will attract the Hylian Loach. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

SHIP PARTS

At the beginning of the game, the pirate ship wrecks just off Kaiman Island. In order to travel to the rest of the Velimir Archipelago, they must gather several ship parts, including a new sail, some patchwork, a steering wheel, an anchor, and a mast.

BOKO SHIELD

A sturdy wooden shield that Link can buy at the Kaiman general store, among other places. However, it burns in flames. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

STEEL SWORD

A sturdy, apparently unbreakable sword that Jeremy used when he was Link's age. Jeremy gives Link this sword after he trains him in the ways of the blade. Only Link can use this blade.

SWORD SKILLS

Jeremy, the master swordsman, is willing to teach Link new skills as the game progresses. When Link meets Jeremy, Jeremy teaches him Back Slice, Helm Splitter, and Shield Attack from Twilight Princess. Later, he'll teach him the Mortal Draw, Jump Strike, Ending Blow, Hurricane Spin Attack, and Great Spin. Tetra can only learn one skills from Jeremy, although she already knows the Back Slice, Helm Splitter, Shield Attack, Mortal Draw, and Ending Blow. What other skills might Jeremy have in store for Link...? Read on...

Back Slice--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill when they first meet. When an enemy is about to attack, Link can press A to parry the assault and roll around behind the enemy, performing a rising slash to the back. Tetra already knows this skill.

Helm Splitter--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill when they first meet. When an enemy is about to attack, Link can press A to parry the assault and roll around behind the enemy, performing a jumping somersault slash to the enemy's head. Tetra already knows this skill.

Shield Attack--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill when they first meet. When an enemy is about to attack, Link can press A to parry the assault, blocking the attack and bashing the enemy with the shield simultaneously. Tetra already knows this skill.

HIDDEN SKILLS, CONT.

Mortal Draw--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Gerudo Membership Card. If an enemy approaches Link while his sword is sheathed, he will perform a devastating strike to the enemy's neck, most likely killing them. Tetra already knows this skill.

Ending Blow--Jeremy teaches Link this skill after he gets the Fire Element. When an enemy is knocked on the ground, Link will leap into the air and thrust his sword downward into the enemy, decisively killing them. Tetra can not learn this skill.

Jump Strike--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Water Element. Link charges up his Jump Attack, then leaps at the enemy, causing a shockwave upon landing. Tetra can not learn this skill.

Great Spin--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Earth Element. If Link has full health, his spin attack will have a much more powerful and wider radius. Tetra can not learn this skill.

Sword Throw--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Wind Element. If Link gets knocked down by an enemy, before he hits the ground, he can toss his sword at the enemy. If it connects, it will do major damage, most likely killing the foe. However, afterwards, Link will be left defenseless, and must retrieve his sword. Tetra can not learn this skill.

Razor Shield--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Light Element. If an enemy is about to attack, Link can press R to block the strike with his sword, then counterattack with a powerful return strike. Tetra can not learn this skill.

Slash Charge--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Dark Element. All Link has to do is target the nearest enemy and press A, and he will run at the enemy at full-speed, performing a fatal slash upon reaching the foe. However, Link is vulnerable while doing this, because it must be done from a distance and the animation cannot be cancelled once it begins, except by other enemies.

Hurricane Spin--Jeremy teaches Link this Sword Skill after he gets the Fierce Deity's Mask. After charging up a Spin Attack, Link will spin around the area in a frenzy that can barely be controlled. However, this move does consume magic, and Link will be dizzy afterwards. Tetra can not learn this move.

Triforce Slash--This is the final Sword Skill Jeremy teaches Link. He must have both the Light Force and the White Sword. An enemy is trapped within two Triforce crests, and Link will perform a flying barrage of strikes that will doubtlessly kill the target. Tetra can not learn this move. This is the only way to defeat Vaati.

Tetraforce Slash--This is the only Sword Skill that Jeremy will teach Tetra. She must have both the Light Force and the Spirit Sword. To perform it, Tetra must first stun the foe in any preferred method, and she then unleashes a flurry of quick, powerful strikes in a massive combo chain. This is the only way to defeat the final boss.

LANTERN

Senza, one of the pirates, gives this to Link when he realizes that Link is going to the Gerudo Fortress with or without the pirates. It is used to light up dark spaces. It can even be used at the same time as another item, hanging from the character's belt. It requires Lantern Oil to use. When Link first gets the Lantern, he doesn't have an Empty Bottle, so he must use the Lantern sparingly. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

TREASURE SPHERES

While not really an item, the Treasure Spheres from Wind Waker are back. They sometimes appear after an enemy is defeated, and flash different colors. The spheres contain various treasures. Smashing it when it's red yields more Recovery Hearts, smashing it when it's green yields more Magic Jars and Rupees, and smashing it when its yellow yields more items like Arrows, Bombs, and possibly spoils.

ENEMY WEAPONS

These also aren't considered items by technical definition. A lot of enemies use weapons to attack. These weapons can be knocked away from the enemy and used against them. Unlike Wind Waker, these items can be carried to different rooms. However, most weapons are very cumbersome when compared to the standard sword. Some examples of enemy weapons are lances, rapiers, pitchforks, greatswords, katana, ninja swords, scythes, huge shields, and even whips, among other weapons. Both Link and Tetra

MAPS

Not just the Dungeon Map, but maps of the entire Velimir Archipelago. Nearly every area in the game has a map. The catch? You have to buy them from Tingle, at a slightly overblown price. In addition, Dungeon Maps are no longer found in the dungeon itself, but must also be bought from Tingle. One important aspect of maps in this game is that they can be brought up in the menu and drawn on with the Wiimote, much like the stylus in Phantom Hourglass. Unfortunately, even the maps must be shared between Link and Tetra, so if they separate, one of them might get lost.

WARP JARS

They're not really items. These are urns found in the various dungeons of the game. They can be used to get around a dungeon quickly. Jumping into one jar will transport Link to another. However, typically, the second and third Warp Jar in a dungeon are somehow blocked, and must be reached manually before they can be used.

COMPASS

The Compass allows Link to see where he is in a dungeon, as well as where the boss room and treasure chests are. There is one Compass in every dungeon. Like maps, the Compass must be shared between Link and Tetra, so one of them could get lost.

KEYS

Keys unlock locked doors in dungeons. They can also only be found in dungeons. Each key has a theme--for example, the Ignis Temple (fire dungeon) uses Fire Keys. Keys must be shared between Link and Tetra, so if they split up and one of them finds a door, they must have the key to open it.

GRAPPLING HOOK

Link finds this item in the first dungeon, the Gerudo Fortress. It can be used to grapple onto poles, branches, etc. and swing across gaps. You can also climb up and down the rope. Like in Phantom Hourglass, the Grappling Hook can also be used as a tightrope or a human slingshot, or to steal spoils from enemies. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

Fire--When the Fire Element is used, the claw of the hook becomes searing hot, and will actually damage enemies if used. The Fire Hook does require magic.

Water--When the Water Element is used, the hook becomes usable underwater. If used on land, it will freeze whatever it touches. The Water Hook only requires magic if used on land.

Earth--When the Earth Element is used, the hook becomes a constricting vine that, when used on enemies, holds them in place and saps their energy. The Earth Hook does require magic.

Wind--When the Wind Element is used, the hook's length is doubled, allowing Link or Tetra to grapple to objects much farther away. The Wind Hook does require magic.

Light--When the Light Element is used, the Grappling Hook will allow Link or Tetra to actually pull out the souls of enemies. The Light Hook requires magic.

Dark--When the Dark Element is used, instead of pulling Link or Tetra to an object, the object will be pulled to them. The Dark Hook requires health, but it can't kill its user.

ELEMENTAL KEYS

These keys are essentially Big Keys, used to get into boss chambers. However, in a departure from past Zeldas, there are two Elemental Keys in each dungeon (save the Gerudo Fortress). The boss doors have two locks, and must be unlocked simultaneously. This ensures that both Link and Tetra will face the boss together.

HEART CONTAINERS

Heart Containers are life-sustaining jewels that increase a person's overall health. They are generally only carried by the foulest of creatures. Either Link or Tetra can use a Heart Container.

GERUDO MEMBERSHIP CARD

Regina gives a Gerudo Membership Card to Link, Tetra, and all the pirates. This allows them all to walk freely within the Gerudo Fortress.

SPOILS BAG

Regina also gives this to Link. It's a much larger version of the Spoils Bag from Wind Waker. It's used to hold spoils dropped by enemies. Both Link and Tetra can use the Spoils Bag.

SPOILS

I could list all the different types of spoils, but that'd take a while. There are many different types of spoils--in fact, unique enemies almost all have their own individual spoil. Some examples are Chu Jelly, Tectite Heart, Keese Incizor, Gibdo Wrapping, Dodongo Stomach, and Bari Tentacle. Spoils can be traded online or sold, and some even have special purposes. They can also be given to Koume and Kotake at the Kaiman potion shop to create who-knows-what. Both Link and Tetra can use spoils.

GOLD ARURODA EYE

For those who don't remember, Arurodas are scorpion-like enemies from Adventure of Link. However, there is a sub-species in this game called Golden Arurodas. They mainly crawl around walls. They behave a lot like Gold Skulltullas, except they are active day and night, and upon being struck, will fall to the ground and attack. Once vanquished, it will leave behind its eyeball. Getting all 100 Gold Aruroda Eyes will cure the poison a nest of Gold Arurodas inflicted a group of orphans with at the Kaiman Villa. Gold Aruroda Eyes are stored in the Spoils Bag, and can be used by Link or Tetra.

BOOK OF MUDORA

This legendary tome is found in the Kaiman Library by Link and Clark, the historian. However, when they find it, it is incomplete. Link agrees to help Clark fill in the missing material. Here's what can be found in the Book of Mudora. Keep in mind that all these sections are incomplete, and can only be finished by collecting Mudorian Pages.

The Legend of Hyrule--This section of the book describes the legend of Hyrule up until the beginning of Forgotten Phoenix.

The Story So Far--Clark fills in this section himself. It describes the events of Forgotten Phoenix.

Hylian Translator--As Link and Tetra collect certain Mudorian Pages, they can gradually learn to understand the ancient Hylian language.

Friends and Fiends--This section houses character profiles and bestiaries. Instead of collecting Mudorian pages, pictographs of different subjects will fill in this section. Think Nintendo Gallery.

Items--This is a list of all the items Link and Tetra have gathered, and reminds them what they're for.

Checklist--This section doesn't require any Mudorian pages. It basically has a list of all the collectibles in the game, and is a handy way to help someone figure out their completion percentage.

Calendar--The world of Forgotten Phoenix runs on a yearly, twelve-month calendar. It strictly adheres to the real-time clock, ala Animal Crossing. There are weather changes, holidays, and seasons. But don't worry: time travel is possible. The calendar records what's going on on what days, where different characters are going to be at certain times, and even allows Link to make notes via the Wiimote.

Maps--The maps purchases from Tingle go here.

Sword Skills--This section serves as a reminder of how to pull off those Sword Skills taught by Jeremy.

Spoils--This section records all of the spoils Link and Tetra have found, as well as the different recipes for cooking them together.

Album--This is basically a scrapbook section that has videos of all the cinematic cutscenes from the game.

Mini-Games--This section records the high scores in mini-games.

Notes--The last section is your doodle page.

MUDORIAN PAGES

As described above, these torn pages basically just fill in the missing pieces of the Book of Mudora. They fill in the 'Legend of Hyrule' and 'Hylian Translator' sections. Some pages even have Spoils recipes on them.

PICTO BOX

This camera is used to take pictographs (photos). While it is used in some sidequests, the main purpose of the Picto Box is to take pictures of the various characters and enemies, and then give them to Clark to fill in the 'Friends and Fiends' section of the Book of Mudora. If you like, pictographs can be stored in the 'Album' section of the Book of Mudora. The Picto Box can hold five pictographs at a time. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

HERO'S CHARM

This item makes a come-back from Wind Waker. It can be attained by finding 25 Gold Aruroda Eyes. It allows Link or Tetra to see the life force of enemies. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

MAGIC JARS

These are pick-ups that can be found in the weeds, rocks, and other places. They restore magic. They come in large and small varieties.

DELIVERY BAG

Lala gives this to Link just before he leaves Kaiman Island. It's used to carry letters, coupons, decorative items, and more. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

LETTERS

Letters are carried in the Delivery Bag. They're pretty self-explanatory--occasionally, you'll be asked to drop a letter in the postbox, or perhaps even deliver a letter to someone personally. However, the main difference in the Letters is that the ones that Link or Tetra receive from someone else will be stored and can be kept for later reading. In addition, if you would like to send a letter to a friend via Wi-Fi connection, you can do that, too! Of course, you can also send Letters to non-playable characters, and even attach gifts, such as Spoils or expendable items. Both Link and Tetra can use Letters.

COMPLIMENTARY ID

Beedle mails the Complimentary ID to Link or Tetra after they earn a Silver Membership by purchasing 20 items from his shop. When the Complimentary ID is used at Beedle's Shop Ship, he unleashes a barrage of praise upon the player. Yeah, it's useless. Additional Complimentary IDs can be earned at 80, 140, 200 items, etc...Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

FREEBIE CARD

Beedle mails the Freebie Card to Link or Tetra after they earn a Gold Membership by purchasing 40 items from his shop. When the Freebie Card is used at Beedle's Shop Ship, he allows the player to purchase one item for free. This is best used on rare and expensive items, such as a Piece of Heart, or a rare Spoil. Additional Freebie Cards can be earned at 100, 160, 220 items, etc...Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

FILL-UP COUPON

Beedle mails the Fill-Up Coupon to Link or Tetra after they earn a Platinum Membership by purchasing 60 items from his shop. When the Fill-Up Coupon is used at Beedle's Shop Ship, he completely restocks the player on health and magic. He fills the Quivers and Bomb Bag. He fills the Food Satchel with random food. He fills the Lantern full of oil. He fills any Empty Bottles with something random. This is best used when Link and Tetra are running low on supplies. Additional Fill-Up Coupons can be earned at 120, 180, 240 items, etc...Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

DAGGER

This is Tetra's dagger that she keeps in a holster on her side, although she has never used it in any of the games thus far. While it is not nearly as long as Link's Steel Sword, it is much more damaging, and Tetra uses a more deadly fighting style in general. Tetra officially becomes playable when the pirate ship arrives at Flamma Island.

EMPTY BOTTLE

Link and Tetra get their first Empty Bottle when they get a free sample of Flamma Milk at the Flamma Ranch from the caretaker, Rigby. There are five other Empty Bottles scattered across the Velimir Archipelago. Empty Bottles are used to contain potions and other liquid items. The six Empty Bottles can be spread out between Link and Tetra.

FLAMMA MILK

Flamma Milk is a gourmet brand of milk produced by the Flamma Ranch. It can be bought at Flamma Ranch, or from the Kaiman Tavern. It's kept in an Empty Bottle, and contains two servings. Not only does it restore eight Heart Containers, but it also doubles its drinker Attack power until he or she takes damage. This can be very effective if used on Tetra, since she is already stronger than Link. Flamma Milk can be used by both Link and Tetra, obviously.

SPRINGWATER

Freshwater can be bottled from a number of sources, including lakes, ponds, rivers, etc. It's stored in Empty Bottles. Water can be used to douse flames or water planted seeds. Of course, once the Water Element is gained, the Water becomes rather useless, unless you don't have any magic. The water can also be consumed, although this does nothing. However, if in a hot area, such as the Ignis Temple or Flamma Volcano, it can keep its drinker cool. Both Link and Tetra can use Water.

SALT WATER

Salt water can be bottled from the Great Sea. It's stored in Empty Bottles. Salt water can also be used to douse fires, but it can't be used to water plants. Also, if it is consumed, it will likely cause its drinker to lose one Heart Container. Salt water can be very bad if consumed in a hot area, as it will only parch its drinker. Both Link and Tetra can use Salt Water.

HOT SPRING WATER

Hot Spring Water can be taken mainly from the Hot Springs in Goron Village. However, some Secret Caves also have underground hot springs. Hot Spring Water is kept in Empty Bottles. Hot Spring Water has strong healing qualities, and the Gorons especially love it. Pouring it out can douse fires and water seeds, just like regular water, but it is better used for consumption, as it will restore all Heart Containers. However, it only lasts for about three minutes, and then it becomes just regular Water. Both Link and Tetra can use Hot Spring Water.

LANTERN OIL

Lantern Oil can be purchased from the Kaiman general store. However, Yellow Chu Jelly can also be cooked into Lantern Oil by Koume and Kotake at the Kaiman potion shop. Lantern Oil is used to fuel the Lantern. It is stored in Empty Bottles. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

BOTTLE BUGS

Bottle Bugs are back. Obviously, they are stored in Empty Bottles, and can be purchased from the Kaiman pet store. Up to three Bottle Bugs can be kept in one Empty Bottle. While they do not do much on their own, if released near a patch of soft soil, they may dig into it and kick out a hidden Golden Aruroda. They can also be released near an enemy, and they will crawl all over the enemy, distracting it. Once the bugs are released, one of the three can be re-bottled, however, it will not magically contain three bugs again, as in Ocarina of Time. Both Link and Tetra can use Bottle Bugs.

POTIONS

Potions are here, too! As if their return was to be doubted...Anyway, they are kept in Empty Bottles. Initially, only Red and Purple Potions can be bought from Koume and Kotake's potion shop. However, they will add to their selection after certain types of Chu Jelly are brought to them. Both Link and Tetra can use potions. Here are the different varieties.

Red--Red Potions restore eight Heart Containers.

Green--Green Potions restore the entire magic meter.

Blue--Blue Potions restore eight Heart Containers and the entire magic meter.

Purple--Purple Potions have a completely random effect--it can have the effects of any of the other potions, a mixture of them, or perhaps even decrease Defense, Attack, or slow the drinker down.

Gold--Gold Potions is a more powerful version of Flamma Milk--it restores all Heart Containers, and instead of powering its drinker up until they are damaged, the effect is timed instead.

FAIRY

Fairies are back, but they are much, MUCH rarer than in previous Zeldas. They can only be purchased from the Kaiman pet shop for a large price, or they can be found in Fairy Fountains. Sometimes, there might be one in a Secret Cave. There are no fairies before boss rooms or the like. Fairies are kept in Empty Bottles. They have the same design as in Wind Waker. Using a Fairy restores eight Heart Containers, or you can wait until you die, and the character will be brought back with five Heart Containers. However, be wary that if one character has a Fairy, and the other dies, the Fairy must be manually used to revive the other character. Both Link and Tetra can use Fairies.

THE WIND WAKER

Rigby's son, Joseph, found the Wind Waker (which Link lost at on the beach of Flamma Ranch one day, and has played with it ever since. After Link tames Epona, Joseph gives the Wind Waker to Link. The magical baton conducts the wind in a siren-like song. The Wind Waker works very similarly to the one in the game named after it, however, the sound has been modified to be slightly more musical, as you couldn't really create your own tunes. Another new feature is that you can save your compositions and send them to a friend via Wi-Fi. Neat, if completely useless. Only Link can use the Wind Waker. There is another very integral difference--other elements can be added! However, the Elemental Requiem must be learned first.

Fire--When the Fire Waker is used, it allows Link to control any nearby fire. Using the Fire Waker does not require magic.

Water--When the Water Waker is used, the clouds unleash a torrent of rain, similar to the Song of Storms. You can also change the tide of the ocean, and in some cases, the water level of certain bodies of water. Using the Water Waker does not require magic.

Earth--When the Earth Waker is used, Link can control any nearby plant life. Using the Earth Waker does not require magic.

Wind--The Wind Waker already has this element--it has the same effect as before. Using the Wind Waker does not require magic.

Light--The Light Waker floods the room with light, eliminating any darkness. Some enemies can be defeated this way. However, using the Light Waker requires magic.

Dark--The Dark Waker floods the room with darkness, and everything becomes pitch black. The Lantern is a must-have if the Dark Waker is used. Unfortunately, it also consumes health, although the Dark Waker cannot kill its user.

EPONA'S SONG

After Rigby and Joseph decide to give Link Epona, Joseph teaches Link Epona's Song. It serves exactly the same purpose--when conducted, the tune of Epona is carried on the wind, bringing her to Link's side. It is the first song Link learns. Both Link and Tetra can ride Epona, separately or together.

DIMITRI'S MELODY

After Link gets the Wind Waker, the next time Link summons Dimitri with some All-Purpose Bait, he will teach Link Dimitri's Melody. When conducted, the tune of Dimitri is carried on the wind, bringing him to Link's side. Both Link and Tetra can ride Dimitri, separately or together.

CABANA DEED

Once Link has both the Empty Bottle and Epona from Flamma Ranch, he can win the Cabana Deed from Rigby in horse races. It's a lot like the Private Oasis from Wind Waker, but more useful than that. The oasis is on its own island, Pacis Island. The oasis features many amenities, such as a hot spring and a small souvenir shop. However, the main purpose of the Cabana Deed is that once you buy it, you unlock Online mode, and can connect to Wi-Fi from there. The Cabana Deed is stored in the Delivery Bag, and both Link and Tetra can use it.

HYLIAN SHIELD

This can be purchased at Goron Market. It's required to progress in the game, as the volcanic

eruptions on Flamma prevent passage to the volcanic crater. Unfortunately, this means only

one of the characters can get there safely. The Hylian Shield can be used by either Link or

Tetra--one gets the Boko, one gets the Hylian.

ADULT'S WALLET

The Adult's Wallet can be gotten by meeting Tingle for the first time at his tower on top of Mt.

Flamma. Tingle will give this to whoever speaks to him first--Link or Tetra. However, the wallet

can be traded between the two, and Rupees can also be split up. The Adult's Wallet can hold up

to 3000 Rupees.

ROOM KEY

The Room Key can be purchased at the Kaiman Villa hotel once the Adult's Wallet is gained. It

gives Link and Tetra their own room at the hotel. While not as useful as the Cabana Deed, the

Villa does provide a bellhop, and it is necessary to complete several sidequests. Both Link and

Tetra can use the Room Key.

BOOMERANG

The Boomerang is the dungeon treasure at the Ignis Temple. It works similar to the Boomerang

from the Wind Waker. Unfortunately, it is impractical to draw a path with the Wiimote. Anyway, you

target up to five targets in any order, and then release it. The Boomerang will travel to each target

in the specified order. However, if it is stopped in mid-flight, it will return to its user. The

Boomerang can be used by both Link and Tetra.

Fire--Using the Fire Element enshrouds the Boomerang in a coat of flames. The Boomerang

normally doesn't do much damage, if any, but the Fire Boomerang actually hurts. It can also be

used to light multiple torches. The Fire Boomerang does require magic.

Water--Using the Water Boomerang turns the Boomerang into an object that becomes

completely aqueous after being thrown. When it hits its target, it immediately splashes into water,

then reforms in its user's hand. This is useful for putting out a lot of water at the same time in

indoor areas where the Water Waker is useless. It also douses enemies, causing them to be

stunned longer than usual. Using the Water Boomerang requires magic.

Earth--Using the Earth Boomerang increases the power of the Boomerang significantly. Although

it still can't actually cause damage, like the Fire Boomerang, it will still likely bowl over whatever

is in its path, and is more likely to destroy any inanimate targets.

Wind--Using the Wind Boomerang is a lot like the Gale Boomerang from Twilight Princess. A

whirlwind flies around the Boomerang, allowing Link to power windmills and smaller objects and

enemies to him. It is particularly useful for defeating Golden Arurodas. The range of the Wind

Boomerang is also significantly greater. Using the Wind Boomerang requires magic.

Light--Using the Light Boomerang works like a throw-able Deku Nut. It temporarily stuns

enemies. It is very handy in escape situations. Using the Light Boomerang requires magic.

Dark--Using the Dark Boomerang temporarily blinds any enemies it touches. They will run

around aimlessly, trying to hit what they can't see, so it's important not to make much noise. It is

very handy in escape situations. Using the Dark Boomerang requires health, but it can't kill its

user.

FIRE ELEMENT

The Fire Element is the reward for completing the Ignis Temple. While it doesn't do much on its

own, it can be combined with other items for extraordinary effects. The Fire Element is one of the

four elements needed to access the ancient land of Calatia from the depths of the Great Sea.

Both Link and Tetra can use it.

FISHING POLE

Rigby's wife, Maya, runs the fishing hole behind Flamma Ranch. While she will let you rent the pole for a small price, he must pay a large amount (you have to have the Adult's Wallet) to buy one. Alternatively, you can also catch all the fish in the fishing hole, and she'll give you one for free. It works a lot like the fishing pole from Twilight Princess. It can also be combined with lures and bait for better results. Both Link and Tetra can use the Fishing Pole.

LURES

Lures are used to attract fish to the bait. Both Link and Tetra can use Lures. They are kept in the Delivery Bag. There are many different kinds of Lures.

Standard--The Fishing Pole comes pre-equipped with Standard Lure. Maya will let Link or Tetra use it for free in the fishing hole. It's a standard bobber that sinks underwater when a fish pulls on it.

Popper--The Popper Lure can be used for free at the fishing hole, but Link or Tetra must buy it if they want to use it outside the fishing hole. The Popper Lure is a small ball that pops along the surface when reeled in. It attracts deep-swimming fish.

Spinner--The Spinner Lure can be used for free at the fishing hole, but Link or Tetra must buy it if they want to use it outside the fishing hole. The Spinner Lure is shaped like a minnow, and has propellers on both sides, making a lot of noise. It attracts the shyer fish.

Frog--The Frog Lure can be used for free once Link or Tetra have caught all the fish at the fishing hole, save the Hylian Loach. However, they must still buy it to use it outside of the fishing hole. The Frog Lure is shaped like a frog, so it attracts the bigger fish that normally wouldn't bother.

Sinker--The Sinker Lure is an illegal lure (as All-Purpose Bait is illegal bait). It can be bought from the shady traveling Goron merchant, Yingoro. Sinking Lure works very well, as it just sinks straight to the bottom of the water bed. It is very shiny, attracting all sorts of fish. Any fish caught with Sinker Lure or All-Purpose Bait is not recorded in the Book of Mudora, and if Maya catches Link using either, she'll kick him out and charge an entrance fee next time.

Big Catch--The Big Catch Lure works just like the Sinker Lure, except it isn't so shiny, so it's actually legal. It can be attained by buying it from one of Beedle's 'special' shop ships where he wears a golden helmet. The Big Catch Lure is necessary to catch some of the bigger saltwater fishes.

FRESHWATER FISH

There are many different types of fish. Most freshwater fish can be caught in rivers, ponds, lakes, and other bodies of water. The fishing hole has all the freshwater fish. If caught in the fishing hole, Maya will keep the fish herself, but if caught outside, the fish will be kept in the Food Satchel. They can be eaten for various effects, or sold for great profit. Fish can be used by both Link and Tetra. Freshwater fish include Greengills, Hyrule Bass, Hylian Pikes, Flamma Catfish, Reekfish, Zora Tuna, Baby Zola, Spiralfish, and the Hylian Loach.

SALTWATER FISH

The only difference between freshwater fish and saltwater fish is that the saltwater fish are much more varied and are generally larger and worth more. They are kept in the pirate ship's freezer, since most are too big to fit in the Food Satchel. They can be eaten for various effects, or sold for great profit. All fish are recorded in the Book of Mudora. Saltwater fish include Skippyjack, Toona, Loovar, Rusty Swordfish, Stowfish, Neptoona, Great Seadragons, Anglerfish, Lionfish, Velimir Marlin, Flying Fish, Bellumfish, Velimir Starfish, Aruroda Larva, Sea Frogs, Coral Puffers, and the Tritonfish.

ENEMY FISH

While is possible to even catch aquatic enemies, although doing so is pointless, because they can't be kept and must be thrown back, and aren't recorded in the journal. Enemy fish that can be caught include Octomines, Like Likes, Dodongos, Geldarms, Aruroda, Bari, Baby Dodongo, Shell Blades, Desbreko, Gyorgs, Skullfish, and Boko Likes.

TRASH

As always, trash can be sometimes caught, especially in dirtier water. Trash is placed in the Delivery Bag, with the exception of the Empty Bottle that can be caught at Unda Coast. It can be sold for a usually small profit, or can be discarded. Trash includes Logs, Old Boots, Food Wrappers, Old Fishing Rods, Wooden Masks, Old Hats, Hero's New Clothes, Strange Magnifying Glass, Powder Kegs, Bombs, Rupees, and Diamond Rings.

MAGIC JARS

Magic Jars are pick-up items that can be found in weeds, under rocks, and other various places. They refill Link and Tetra's magic meters. They come in two varieties: large and small. Link and Tetra learn to use magic after attaining the Fire Element at Ignis Temple. They can both use Magic Jars.

ELEMENTAL REQUIEM

When Link and Tetra return to the Gerudo Fortress to learn where to find the next element, the goddess Dona appears and teaches them the Elemental Requiem. It is a song for the Wind Waker. The Elemental Requiem has different effects depending on what element is equipped to the baton. Although it's been discussed before, to summarize its effects--Fire's Requiem lets Link control fire, Water's Requiem makes it rain, controls the tide, and water level, Earth's Requiem allows Link to control nearby plant life, Wind's Requiem controls the direction of the wind, Light's Requiem floods the area with light, and Dark's Requiem floods the area with darkness.

PIRATE'S SWORD

After Link learns the Elemental Requiem, Tetra's smart mouth gets her in trouble once again when she ends up in a duel with Regina. If she wins, Regina will give her the Pirate's Sword. The Pirate's Sword is a sharp, large, curved blade that's almost as big as she is. Although it weighs Tetra down some, it has a larger range than the Dagger, and makes her an even deadlier adversary. Only Tetra can use this blade.

ELEMENTAL ROD

The Elemental Rod is the treasure found at the Aequor Temple. By itself, the Elemental Rod is nothing more than a bludgeoning tool, but its main purpose is to be equipped with other elements. Both Link and Tetra can use the rod.

Fire--The rod shoots a fireball out in a straight line. On collision, the enemy will combust and continue to slowly burn. Using the Fire Rod requires magic.

Water--The rod shoots a freezing wind out in a straight line. On collision, the enemy will be frozen solid. Using the Ice Rod requires magic.

Earth--The rod causes the terrain in a straight line to crack, spiking up jagged rocks. On collision, the enemy will be thrown up in the air. If the rocks don't kill it, the fall back to the ground probably will. Using the Earth Rod requires magic.

Wind--The rod shoots out a gust of wind in a straight line. On collision, the enemy will be blown back at a high velocity, possibly off ledges or into the wall. Using the Wind Rod requires magic.

Light--The rod shoots out a blast of light in a straight line. Not only is the enemy damaged, but they will also be blinded. Using the Light Rod requires magic.

Dark--The rod shoots out a bubble of darkness in a straight line. On collision, the enemy will be sucked into a black hole, never to return. Using the Dark Rod requires health, although it can't kill its user.

WATER ELEMENT

Link and Tetra attain the Water Element upon completing the Aequor Temple. Although it is useless by itself, it can be combined with many other items. Unfortunately, most elemental uses consumes magic.

BOMB BAG

The Bomb Bag is gotten from the Zoras before leaving Zora's Fountain on Pacis Island (yes, the Zoras are back, they managed to survive the Great Flood, while others chose the way of the Rito). They fashioned it from Dodongo stomach. It can hold up to 10 Bombs and 10 Bombchus. Both Link and Tetra can use the Bomb Bag, but only one at a time.

BOMBS

Bombs are pick-up items found in the grass and under rocks. They cause explosions, destroying large rocks and damaging enemies. They can also be picked up and thrown.

Fire--When the Fire Element is added, Bombs become much deadlier. A ring of fire spreads outward upon explosion, giving the Bomb a greater damaging radius (but smaller explosions). In addition, the area of the explosion is set on fire. Using Fire Bombs requires magic.

Water--Water Bombs can be used underwater. If used on land, the bomb will explode in a rain of ice, sending ice shards flying everywhere. However, there is no explosion, so you can't destroy rocks with these (unless underwater). Using Water Bombs requires magic.

Earth--When the Earth element is added, Bombs become much more powerful. The explosion is much larger, and stronger boulders can be destroyed. Earth Bombs often even leave craters, depending on the terrain. Earth Bombs are heavier than normal Bombs, though. Using Earth Bombs requires magic.

Wind--When the Wind element is added, upon explosion, anything in blast radius will be sent flying outwards, often into walls or off cliffs. Wind Bombs can also be thrown farther. Using Wind Bombs requires magic.

Light--When the Light Element is added, upon explosion, a blinding flash of light occurs, blinding all enemies in the area. However, there is no physical explosion, so it can't destroy boulders. Think of it as a giant Deku Nut. Using Light Bombs requires magic.

Dark--When the Dark Element is added, upon explosion, a black hole will be created, sucking all enemies in blast radius into a dark void. However, there is no physical explosion, so it can't destroy boulder. Using Dark Bombs consumes health, but they can't kill their user.

BOMBCHUS

Bombchus can be purchased from the Kaiman general store, or from Beedle. They act exactly like the previous games, crawling along walls and ceilings until detonation. The only difference is that the user can now detonate a Bombchu remotely. Both Link and Tetra can use Bombchus. When other elements are added, they act exactly like regular Bombs. Their is only one difference, in that Wind Bombchus are carried by the wind, meaning they can be thrown in a straight line towards any target, drastically improving control of the Bombchu.

CANNONBOMBS

After visiting the Gerudo Fortress again, the pirate ship is attacked by Jolene's ship. If the pirates can beat her, the pirates will steal Jolene's supply of Cannonbombs. Cannobombs work exactly like regular Bombs...except...they're...fired from a...cannon. However, the Cannonbombs can be fused with the different elements, and the effect is exactly like a regular Bomb. Obviously, Cannonbombs are only usable while on the pirate ship.

SEED SHOOTER

The Seed Shooter works a lot like it did in the Oracle of Ages--load a seed and blow. The seed will then bounce off walls and other surfaces up to five times before breaking. If a seed impacts an enemy, they will only be agitated. However, you can shoot the elemental Seeds (see a previous page) too. So you can have a bouncing burst of flame, or a traveling whirlwind, for example. Both Link and Tetra can use the Seed Shooter.

SONG OF TIME

The Boko Queen teaches Link this melody after he and Tetra help them win the war against the Skull Kids. As mentioned previously, Forgotten Phoenix runs on the Wii's internal clock. However, the Song of Time can be used to change the time of day to dawn or dusk, or travel forward to a different month, or even to a specific day of the week. This song can also change the season. Of course, some of the characters who know Link, such as Jeremy and Regina, don't like the song very much. Miraculously, no one ages if the time is changed.

BOKO HAMMER

This is the dungeon item found in the Humus Temple. It works a lot like the Skull Hammer, in that it can be swung from side-to-side, or overhead. Fortunately, the hammer is reinforced with steel, so it can't be burned. It can be used to smash rusty switches, or get rid of defensive barriers. Both Link and Tetra can use this item.

Fire--When the Fire Element is added, the Boko Hammer becomes enshrouded in fire, and when smashed down, a blast of fire emanates from it. If swung horizontally, it will leave behind a trail of flames. Using the Fire Hammer requires magic.

Water--When the Water Element is added, the Boko Hammer becomes frozen solid, and will turn enemies to ice, then crush them under its weight into several pieces. Using the Water Hammer requires magic.

Earth--When the Earth Element is added, the Boko Hammer becomes much heavier, but more powerful. Its already immense size and destructive power are intensified, and it can crush large boulders that only Bombs are supposed to destroy. It will even sometimes leave craters, depending on the terrain. Using the Earth Hammer requires magic.

Wind--When the Wind Element is added, the Boko Hammer becomes much lighter, and more suitable for standard combat. However, another difference is that the hammer can be thrown, carried by the wind. This is a good way to inflict a lot of pain from a long distance, though aiming the hammer can be difficult. Using the Wind Hammer requires magic.

Light--When the Light Element is added, when fighting enemies, you can press A to parry attacks, teleporting behind the foe and smashing them with th hammer. The shockwave of the hammer can also blind enemies, but only if they're extremely close. Using the Light Hammer requires magic.

Dark--When the Dark Element is added, any enemy hit with it will be inflicted with a spiritual parasite that will slowly drain away their life force. Using the Dark Hammer requires health, but it can't kill its user.

EARTH ELEMENT

Link and Tetra discover the Earth Element in the Humus Temple. Although it is useless by itself, it can be combined with other items for astounding results. The Earth Element is one of the four elements needed to explore the sunken land of Calatia.

POWER BRACELETS

Regina tells Link and Tetra that the fourth element is on Ventus Island, but upon landing there, they discover that a giant boulder is blocking the channel into the island. So instead they travel to Lacerta Island, where a tribe of Tokay (the lizard-men from Oracle of Ages) roam. There, they can get the Power Bracelets through a contrived trading quest. In any case, the Power Bracelets increase their wearers' strength dramatically, allowing them to lift the biggest objects. Both Link and Tetra can wear them.

Fire--When the Fire Element is added, the wearer can actually throw fireballs at their foes. However, the range of the fireballs is not very long, so it can be somewhat hard to aim. Using the Fire Bracelets requires magic.

Water--When the Water Element is added, anything that their wearers touch is instantly frozen or liquified (depending on the object: in general, objects are frozen, enemies are liquified). Using the Water Bracelets requires magic.

Earth--When the Earth Element is added, their wearer actually becomes capable of hand-to-hand combat. Link mostly fights with fast punches, while Tetra prefers acrobats and kicks. Using the Earth Bracelets requires magic.

Wind--When the Wind Element is added, not only can their wearer lift the largest of objects, but they can also throw them a great distance. Great for destroying things Bombs just aren't good enough for. Using Wind Bracelets requires magic.

Light--When the Light Element is added, the wearer loses physical form and becomes a being of pure light. They can then fit into the thinnest of cracks in the wall, and even underneath some locked doors. Using Light Bracelets requires magic.

Dark--When the Dark Element is added, the wearer loses physical form and becomes a being of pure darkness. When enemies strike at you, they are actually absorbed, restoring a Heart Container. However, using Dark Bracelets requires health, although it can't kill its user.

BOW OF THE SKY

The Bow of the Sky is found at the Caelum Temple. It works exactly like the Hero's Bow from past Zelda games--notch an arrow and let it fly. Of course, aiming on the Wii much easier. Another aspect of arrows is that if the person wielding the bow launches an arrow at the partner holding the Hylian Shield, the arrow can be deflected. This can be useful when facing enemies that are quick to defend themselves. The Bow of the Sky can be used by both Link and Tetra.

QUIVER

The quiver is found at the same time as the Bow of the Sky. It holds up to 30 arrows. The quiver must be held by the same person as the bow.

ARROWS

Arrows are pick-up items found in weeds, under rocks, and other places. They are used as ammunition for the bow.

Fire--When the Fire Element is added, the tip of the arrow is set aflame. These work exactly like Fire Arrows, and can be used to melt ice and light torches, among other things. Using Fire Arrows requires magic.

Water--When the Water Element is added, the arrow becomes liquified, and whatever is hit will be frozen solid. This can be useful to cross bodies of water, or to freeze enemies. Using Water Arrows requires magic.

Earth--When the Earth Element is added, the arrow becomes petrified, and whatever it hits will turn to stone. It is also much more powerful than the standard arrow. Using Earth Arrows requires magic.

Wind--When the Wind Element is added, the arrows become carried on the wind, and will fly--they don't arch and will travel indefinitely until they hit something. And THEN, whatever gets hit will be sucked into a whirlwind. Using Wind Arrows requires magic.

Light--When the Light Element is added, the arrows cease to be physical, and become pure light. Whatever they hit is instantly teleported to another dimension. Using Light Arrows requires magic.

Dark--When the Dark Element is added, the arrows cease to be physical, and become pure darkness. Whatever they hit is instantly sucked into a dark void. Using Dark Arrows requires magic.

WIND ELEMENT

This element is found within the Caelum Temple. While it is useless by itself, it can be combined with other items to produce fantastic results. The Wind Element is the final of the four elements needed to explore the sunken realm of Calatia.

TRADING QUEST ITEMS

The trading quest begins when Link and Tetra get the Room Key, where they can work as a bellhops. Eventually, one of the customers will tip them with a yo-yo. From there, a long trading sequence begins. The trading quest items are kept in the Delivery Bag.

GOLD DUST

When Link gives the Premium Bacon (Trading Quest Item) to Tokibo, a hungry Tokay, he is awarded with Gold Dust. The Gold Dust is kept in a bottle, and it can't be sold or used. Instead, it must be given to Biggoron, the Goron blacksmith. He will use it to reforge Link's Steel Sword.

WHITE SWORD

When Gold Dust is given to Biggoron, he will reforge Link's Steel Sword into the White Sword. The White Sword is a bit longer than the Steel Sword, and 1.5 times as strong. Only Link can use it.

HOOKSHOT

After getting the Wind Element, Lala, the Rito postwoman, will soon deliver this to Link, sensing that he'll need it soon. The Hookshot works similarly to the Clawshot in Twilight Princess, in that it can be used to cling to surfaces, and the chain is also retractable. Depending on the weight of the object, the user will either be pulled to it, or the object will be pulled to them. It will pull its user to many objects, especially if it's made of wood. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

Fire--When the Fire Element is added, the hook will become enshrouded in flames, and can actually be used for attacking. However, it is impractical to use this to pull the user to something else. Using the Fireshot requires magic.

Water--When the Water Element is added, the Hookshot becomes aqueous, and it will latch onto bodies of water, pulling Link to them. This is useful in areas with waterfalls and bodies of water on the ceiling (don't ask). Using the Watershot requires magic.

Earth--When the Earth Element is added, the Hookshot becomes much heavier, and will likely destroy whatever it's shot into, rather than latch onto it. Using the Earthshot requires magic.

Wind--When the Wind Element is added, the range of the Hookshot is almost doubled, so it becomes more akin to the Longshot. It also becomes much lighter, so the user will most likely be pulled to any object he latches to. Using the Windshot requires magic.

Light--When the Light Element is added, the Hookshot becomes very strained. Instead of pulling its user towards its target, they will instead be pushed away until the chain is fully extended. Using the Lightshot requires magic.

Dark--When the Dark Element is added, the Hookshot becomes a deadly weapon. The chain of the weapon will wrap around the nearest foe, suffocating and constricting them, leaving them wide open to attack. Using the Darkshot requires health, but it cannot kill its user.

DECORATIVE ITEMS

Decorative items are stored in the Delivery Bag, and can be bought from the Kaiman open-air shop, as well as at the shop in the Goron Sauna. They work a lot like the items used to decorate Windfall Island in Wind Waker. You just place them in certain spots, and you have a more lively area. Some examples of decorative items include Big Catch Flags, Exotic Flowers, Hero of Time Idols, Bottle Ships, and Attractive Signs.

MAGIC UPGRADE

After getting the Hookshot, the fairy fountain high on the cliff walls of Valente Island can be accessed. A fairy fountain is there, and the Great Fairy will double both Link and Tetra's magic meter.

LARGE QUIVER

A target-shooting game at Tellus Island (the Boko Scrub island) will reward its players with a Large Quiver for scoring a perfect game. Both Link and Tetra can earn one. The Large Quiver holds a maximum of 40 arrows. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

HAWKEYE

Beedle begins selling this at his 'special' shop ships after the Bow of the Sky is gotten. It works just like the Hawkeye in Twilight Princess, in that it allows you to basically use a targeting scope to fire arrows. It can also be used with the Seed Shooter. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

DOMINION ROD

The Dominion Rod is the treasure found at the Calatia Ruins (the ruins that you need the first four elements to access). It works a little differently than in Twilight Princess. Instead of whatever's being controlled moving exactly as Link moves, it allows Link/Tetra to take complete control over the puppet, much like the Command Melody. However, the controller becomes completely defenseless while using the rod. However, if the puppet is damaged somehow, then control is still maintained. You can release control at any time. The most important new aspect of the Dominion Rod is that it can be used to control ANY living objects, along with some inanimate ones. This means that its user can take control of enemies, and even non-playable characters. This is used to complete several sidequests. As an enemy, you can actually attack the other foes, and they usually won't attack back. However, note that certain types of enemies and certain NPCs are immune to the effects of the Dominion Rod. The last effect is that the Dominion Rod can be used to control the other partner, as in Link controlling Tetra or vice-versa. While this is mostly useless in 1-Player mode, if playing co-op, you can help a player who seems to be having trouble or doesn't quite grasp what you're asking them to do. Of course, the other player can prevent the control with the press of a button. Both Link and Tetra can use it.

LIGHT ELEMENT

The Light Element is the fifth element, and is gained in the Calatia Ruins. This surprises Regina, as she thought there were only four. The purpose of the Light Element is to be transfigured into a greater power that will be necessary to defeat Vaati, the Wind Sorcerer.

comment on this and i'll add more

Posted (edited)

so what do every one think about the items for the game note: there is way more to go over

Edited by twilight oni link (see edit history)

Posted

Did you write all of that? :o Nooice.

Posted

They will probably never make a zelda on xbox(360) because it is nintendo's most popular game - next to Mario- and they would never sell the rights to it. The only way that it would be made is if Nintendo teams up with Microsoft.