Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Some reasons why Hyrule.Net isn't nearly as good as it once was

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

He's not technically being closed minded if he has tried playing a cel-shaded game.

The look of it just doesn't appeal to him.

And thats his choice to make.

Its his opinion of cel-shaded games and you shouldn't try and change it.

Your the one being immature over other peoples views and opinions over certain subjects.

Your trying to change his opinion of it when he clearly doesn't want to like it.

Just like the others with anime. I don't like the fact that he doesn't like anime, but I'm ok with it.

(its basically peer pressure)

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

My point is that he was fine with TP until he learned of the cel shading in it, which I think is silly to say the least.

Posted (edited)

I am a relic of the past.

And I'm pretty new in comparison to some members.

Ah I miss the old days. The days when all the awesome oldies still frequented.

Like Farore's Wind, Relean, True Gamer, psychossis, Aatch, kels, zoe, liquidice, bomchu, bop14, mikel, Hero Flame, etc.

When Goron Merchant's avatar was a Goron merchant, and when That's Mama Luigi or Hylian Twili (or whatever he's called now) was Wassupman, and when Tappy was called gametap (and used to get in trouble with the mods >:D), when I was called Twili and everyone thought of me as a noob, when Nabeshin was called friedgreenmushrooms and ran the zelda trivia game and when Django was new.

*sigh* But times have changed, people have moved on. Yet, I'm still sad.

So very sad.

*sigh*

Edited by Twili (see edit history)

Posted

Poor Twili. I have to agree that no matter how good a site is, it's no fun there if all your friends stop coming. Also, I find it hard to believe that Tappy was ever a troublemaker. Is that really true?

Posted (edited)

It was on a modified engine. That's why you still saw traces of cel-shading in TP (ie, the water effects).

Shadow Midna is also cel-shaded.

I remember when GM's avatar was a gossip stone.Times were good then...I remember how he changed his name to "Zuzu the Magic Cow!" too.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)

Posted

I am a relic of the past.

And I'm pretty new in comparison to some members.

Ah I miss the old days. The days when all the awesome oldies still frequented.

Like Farore's Wind, Relean, True Gamer, psychossis, Aatch, kels, zoe, liquidice, bomchu, bop14, mikel, Hero Flame, etc.

When Goron Merchant's avatar was a Goron merchant, and when That's Mama Luigi or Hylian Twili (or whatever he's called now) was Wassupman, and when Tappy was called gametap (and used to get in trouble with the mods >:D), when I was called Twili and everyone thought of me as a noob, when Nabeshin was called friedgreenmushrooms and ran the zelda trivia game and when Django was new.

*sigh* But times have changed, people have moved on. Yet, I'm still sad.

So very sad.

*sigh*

Lol. That was an explosion of fond memories. I miss those days too.

Posted

I find it odd that you had no problems with TP until you learned there are traces of cel shading in it. Seriously, would it kill you to stop being immature and closed minded about cel shading all the time?

As I said cel-shade gives me headaches. Also before I played the game I told my friend the graphics sucked, and OoT, and MM had better graphics, and he says those graphics suck.

@HF: No way.

Posted

the old days, whrn people used to post messages to new people and say:

"welcome to Hyrule.net"

i never forget that it was YLA who first welcomed me, but there now seems to be less of a welcoming air with the little LoZ related news...

Posted

the old days, whrn people used to post messages to new people and say:

"welcome to Hyrule.net"

i never forget that it was YLA who first welcomed me, but there now seems to be less of a welcoming air with the little LoZ related news...

I like people to be welcome, and feel good. Even at school. Even though no one at school CARES THAT I DO NICE THINGS FOR THEM, AND THEN THEY TREAT ME LIKE DIRT. But yea it's still differnt since I joined about 9 months ago.

Posted

Guys, I've come to a decision. Instead of all of us just sitting here, talking about old times and memories, let's make new ones again. Revive all these old topics! Even the RPs are coming back to life. Hyrule.net was on a decline, but now, to me, it seems it's on an incline again. Let's make sure of it and make new memories.

Posted

Poor Twili. I have to agree that no matter how good a site is, it's no fun there if all your friends stop coming.

That just reminded me of a few of my first friends here on this site. Only 2 of them are still active today though (Goron Merchant and Ganondorf333). Teal, Lykos9 and Chris!...haven't seen them here since the few weeks after joining the site. :huh:

I wonder what happened to the super old members like Wik3dlink, Gratock, Psychossiss, ect.

But, like Cat Girl said, it might be a good idea to make new memories to look back to someday soon. :) Looking back, I'm nowhere close to how much I used to post last year or the year before. Good thing school ends tomorrow. :joy: Expect to see me here more hours now. :D

Posted

this site has starting going down since the introduction of the wild wild west, less people show up, it's less active...

Posted

too many retards seem to be unable to tell the difference between the fanfic section and every other one. It's called the fanfic section for a reason.

Posted

fanfics are just creepy

Posted

fanfics are just creepy

Why are fanfics creepy?