Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

I still need to finish Wolf's Rain. Death Note is still the only anime to have held my attention through to the end. I have to make a not of finishing Wolf's Rain by the end of study leave.

Posted (edited)

Well good luck then to both of you. ^^

Also, if anyone's interested in watching a new anime that comes out every (I think) Friday, takes place in the fuedal era, and includes awesome fight sequences between two warriors, go watch SenGoku Basara. I am so hooked right now. ^^

SB OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dsOoUO_vk

Edited by Eka (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Just found the first episode of Valkyria Chronicles. It seems pretty true to the anime, but the opening is a little odd as it really only gives an impression of how it is at the beginning. It's good so far though. Also, in case you didn't already guess, a Darcsen is someone with black/blue hair. So yeah, you have your obligatory racism here too.

Valkyria Chronicles - Epiosde 1

I think I'll be able to follow this one.

Edit: Just finished it. The ending is weird too. The game was all cute like that I guess, save for the death and destruction mingling with the whole war theme of it. You'll meet the winged pig from the credits later into the anime, I'm sure. His name is Hans. I have no idea what else he has to do with things though. he's just kind of there. It's good nonetheless. I wonder if the second episode is subbed anywhere.

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 2

Edit: Just finished that one too. Episode 1 pretty much did the Prologue and past the first part of chapter 1 and this one finished Chapter 1 and chapter 2. I also noticed, thanks to the mention on the side of the page, the "coloured pencil" (as they put it) effect in the shadowing. I'm sure you'll notice it too.

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 3

Edit: Found a difference. Largo is a lancer, he doesn't carry a gun. Also, in the game, when they take back the bridge, they open the bridge and Imperial reinforcements approaching are dumped into the river. Why did they take that out? Anyway, in all, that was a great episode. Can't wait to watch episode 4.

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 4

Edit: Just finished that one too. Not much fighting or anything and it only really covered half of one of the in-game chapters, but it was enjoyable. There wasn't much to Faldio in the game at this point, but I'm almost certain he's gay. Anyway, if the next episode is anything like what it's like in the game, it should be good.

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 5

Edit: Yay, Hans was just introduced. Also, they made Largo a lancer again, I was wondering about that. Anyway, that's that episode over. I can't find episode 6, so I guess it's not out/subbed yet. Seems that they're bringing in the reporter character next episode, even thought that was before they recaptured vasel bridge in a battle that wasn't shown in the anime. I'm going to keep an eye out though.

I'm sure they'll stay true to the game and I can't wait for the twists and turns to begin also, for when my favourite song comes in, which I wont link you too because of the spoileriffic comments.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Yyyyyyesssssss, the Eureka SeveN movie has a graphic novel~ <3 In Japan, grr. XD

Eureka SeveN Pocket Full of Rainbows Graphic Novel

And I'm going to Anime North in less than 2 weeks. x3 My cosplay got shipped today, so I should be getting it on Monday. : D

Posted

I think this comic needs to become obligatory when discussing anime.

2jbw1uv.jpg

Anyway, the next episode of Valkyria Chronicles is on the webs. Raw that is. So, hopefully, it will be subbed for tomorrow when I return from my exams.

Posted

I was watching this video and couldn't stop laughing. The sad thing is it's true. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnRKDFxAjY4...feature=related

It's Foamy the Squirrel and it does have somewhat cronic cussing. As if anyone really cares, but you know might as well tell people.

I agree with the Avatar the Last Airbender though. It was awesome. Trust me this is funny.

Posted (edited)

Loved the comic, Rain! xDD

And as much as that Foamy rant was insulting... I could never hate Foamy. XD (Yes, I laughed a little at the video.) I used to love watching the Foamy rants on his website back in Grade 7.

I should really watch some of his new ones.

Anyways, I got a hit and a miss today: I was home alone today (because I basically get a 6-day weekend this week) and the doorbell rang. I was loafing around in my PJ's, so I didn't bother to answer the door. ^^;; Turns out it was probably my cosplay (ARGH!) and they left a note saying they'll try delivering it again soon.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to get the cosplay again (because if I'm gonna be home alone again, I can't sign for the package. D:)

*brainstorms*

Posted

Rain, that was the greatest. :D

Posted

That's pretty unlucky, Eka. I couldn't offer any insight into your problem, but might I ask what it was a cosplay of?

Posted

That's pretty unlucky, Eka. I couldn't offer any insight into your problem, but might I ask what it was a cosplay of?

Eureka, from Eureka SeveN.

(I was going to say, "Need you ask...? XD But y'know, it could've been unpredictable. ^^;; )

Posted

Oh, of course. I do forget sometimes facts like that and therefore don't think about it before asking.

That's pretty cool. Made any new videos?

Posted

Oh, of course. I do forget sometimes facts like that and therefore don't think about it before asking.

That's pretty cool. Made any new videos?

Ah, I'll probably just end out hanging around my front door waiting for the mailman to come by again. *makes mental note to stock up on supplies* xD

Well, my latest video was this:

Eureka SeveN AMV - "What About Now"

So I'm really proud of that. =) Its for a battle against a friend (although he has yet to upload his video. He ran into some bad luck with his entry and had to start over again, so hopefully it'll get up soon.)

Posted

Cool... I need A good anime at the moment... something I can watch when Next Generation's not on...

Posted

You could try Valkyria Chronicles. Only up to 6 episodes so far, and it might be your cup of tea, although some disagree. I'm enjoying it though, maybe it makes a difference that I've played the game though.

Posted (edited)

You could try Valkyria Chronicles. Only up to 6 episodes so far, and it might be your cup of tea, although some disagree. I'm enjoying it though, maybe it makes a difference that I've played the game though.

I have to check out that anime.

@Umbreon: I would highly suggest watching, 'Xam'd Lost Memories.' Its finished, but its fairly new (came out late 2008) and was made by Studio Bones.

I would also suggest Eureka SeveN, but y'know, that's just me. |D