Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

I got back on my anime obsession. Naruto, Bleach and Shonen Jump all the way.

Posted

Lol. It's still Death Note for me. No matter how much I watch it, I just can't get tired of it.

Also, I was wondering about the ending to Spirited Away. You know, at the beginning, they come up to a building. A large, red, plaster (as the dad claims) building. But... At the end, they leave from a large, stone, non painted building. Built with large blocks of stone as opposed to plaster. I got confused by that so much. And there's three hallways. They entered via the centre but it's unclear through which one they leave. I reckon they're in the wrong world at the end. But I'm not sure.

Posted (edited)

I just started watching death note about two weeks ago and it already moved into my top ten fave anime list.

Edited by Flame sage (see edit history)

Posted

Why will no one tell me? It's a serious question.

Posted

I really couldn't define for you what anime is but I would say it's anything done in that art style.

Anyway, I haven't watched anime in a while. The closest thing to it I have watched recently is the Mirror's Edge cutscenes (which is really Americanised anime and hardly counts at all)

And anyway, I've been listening to alot of Wolf's Rain music since those links earlier.

Posted

Oh. Well I wish they made it into an anime... or a show for that matter. It would be awesome.

Posted

It's pretty good, eh? (I have the Wolf's Rain OST :) )

Posted

THERE'S A JAPANESE GIRL COMING TO MY SCHOOL ON A SISTER CITIES PROGRAM AND HER NAME'S CHIHIRO(the main character in spirited)...

Well now that that's done... Anyone know where I can watch Ranma 1/2?

Posted

That's awesome. Spirited Away is a great movie. 'Tis one of my favorites by Miyazaki. We had it on DVD, but my dad's friend lost it. :(

Posted

Well, I recently finished FLCL....Shortest anime I've ever seen yet. It's only 6, count that, 6 episodes, and no OVA! But, it was still good in the end.

Posted

FLCL? Does that stand for anything?

Posted

I don't really watch a large variety of anime... I love Bleach and Death Note. I liked Death Note until they brought in Near and Mellow. What, a couple of kids in a story like this? Wtf? Near was like a kid with his oddities thrown in there in a lame attempt to mimic the awesomeness of L. Mellow(or Mello, whichever one) was just plain gay. He pissed me off. Kira's genius absolutely died. I didn't even watch all of it after Near and Mellow showed up. I just watched so far into it,

about as far into Kira's dad's death, which pissed me off because Mellow survived an explosion in his face somehow, and yet Kira's armored-up dad didn't

, and then just skipped to the ending.

The Pokemon anime(the older episodes) is a good memory from my earlier years.

Naruto was enjoyable the first few seasons. Then they ruined the story and I've stopped watching.

Well, so far the best Anime I've seen is Elfen Lied. Yayz gorez. Kidding.

Gore wasn't everything that Elfen Lied had...

Posted

Near was like a kid with his oddities thrown in there in a lame attempt to mimic the awesomeness of L. Mellow(or Mello, whichever one) was just plain gay. He pissed me off.

Yeah, Mello was a bit of a dick and Near was alright, although apathetic.

Good thing Mello died though, which you would have skipped. He crashed a truck and burned to death I think.

Kira's genius absolutely died.

Yeah, it did. I liked those few episodes when he started killing off the FBI agents and that guy on the train. Those were great. :D

Posted

That's awesome. Spirited Away is a great movie. 'Tis one of my favorites by Miyazaki. We had it on DVD, but my dad's friend lost it. :(

Yeah... Her last name's scarily close too...

YLA I believe the Japanese off FLCL translates into Fooly Candy (correcft me if I'm wrong).

I never got past the episode where L recruits Light, and Misa... Shugo Charra just sucked me in... But Fate/stay Night (which Saria mentioned earlier in the topic) is really good. My friend lent me the first two volumes of the manga, and I need to get back to watching the anime...

Posted

I still prefer to refer to her as Sen.

Only Yesterday and Pom Poko are still my favourite Syudio Ghibli films. Only Yesterday because... I don;t know why. And Pom Poko for tackling a serious issue in a fun way. But I still prefer Hayao Miyazaki because I enjoyed all of his films as opposed to loving a few of Isao Takahata's.