Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

I have actually seen that on AdultSwim before...

He assaulted Santa Clause with Hockey sticks, airsoft pistols, and a hockey puck.

OWN'D.

Im definitely gonna start watching some new Anime. I think Im about halfway through Death Note for the third time. :\

Anybody have suggestions?

I like Fantasy/Action/Thrillers.

"CAUSE IT'S A THRILLEEEER! WOOHOO!"

-Michael Jackson

Posted

Im definitely gonna start watching some new Anime. I think Im about halfway through Death Note for the third time. :\

Anybody have suggestions?

I like Fantasy/Action/Thrillers.

Well if you like DN, you'll probably like Code Geass, and if you've seen that already, then I'd suggest Darker Than BLACK.

Posted

how about the boondocks?

Posted

I am running out of ideas on what to watch next so can everyone pleasesay what your three favourite anime series of all time are. Please don'tsay naruto and bleach cuz i already know everyone likes those, butanything other then that is good.

eg:

1. Ghost in the shell SAC

2. Cowboy bebop

3. Mushishi

If you want you can give a reason as to why they're your favourite but you don't have to, thanks

Posted

Alright. I don't watch very many different shows, but here it goes.(In no particular order)

1. Death Note

2. OBAN: Star Racers

3. Avatar: The Last Airbender (kind of American, but whatever)

You probably already know about 1 and 3, so I'll just tell you about OBAN: Star Racers. It is focused around racing, but not in a cheesy way. Earth has been selected to compete in a massively famous intergalactic competition. The prize whatever you wish. Naturally, that would be a boon against humanity's war against this alien race. I think they were called Krog or something. Anyways, as most bigs competitions do, there's plenty of shady stuff going on behind the scenes. It's pretty cool, and the animation's great, if you don't mind the fact that no one has noses, and it's got good action and drama. I'm unsure asome details, since it's been forever since I've watched it, but whatever.

Posted

I found a few people on Yahoo! answers who suggested Code Geass... I forgot what it was about though XD

Isn't it similar to Wolf's Rain in the post-apocalyptic way?

Posted

Isn't it similar to Wolf's Rain in the post-apocalyptic way?

Not really. xD;; Code Geass' post apocolyptic situation involves Geass' taking over lives and ruling countries etc., and Wolf's Rain;s ending is only apocolyptic: literally, the world is ending in the last 4 episodes. xD No world is ending in Code Geass, I think.

@Amherstclane: I like your tastes! If you liked those three, than I'd highly suggest:

1. Kino's Journey (a.k.a Kino no Tabi)

2. Shangri-La

3. Xam'd Lost Memories

Posted

So, I finished Code Geass earlier.

And, honestly.

It was the greatest anime I'd ever seen. I was forced to watch a dubbed episode at one point, and I was horrified. D:

I DESPISE DUBBED. Except for InuYasha and Death Note. Those were good dubbed.

I checked out Darker Than Black, doesn't really sound all that great.

Genres I like are:

Action

Horror

Suspense

Sci-fi

Fantasy

Romance is okay... Not too fond of it though :\

And Comedy.

Watched a little bit of The Melancholy of Haruhi Satusimuya, or something like that. It was okay... I don't think I'll watch that though. :\

Posted

Action

Suspense

Sci-fi

Comedy.

All of which Darker Than BLACK has. XD Well, not a lot of comedy really: a bit in the first few episodes. But it has all of the other stuff.

I've heard Ghost in the Shell is pretty epic, and its a major Sci-Fi. Maybe you should check that out?

Posted

Action

Horror

Suspense (a little)

Sci-fi

Fantasy

Romance is okay... Not too fond of it though :\ only moinorly and not as a theme

And Comedy.

Fullmetal...

Posted

Fullmetal...

With Fantasy? Nooooo. With everything else, sure. xD

I'm off to watch more Heat Guy J. My daily dose of android butt-kicking while bagpipes play hasn't been diagnosed today yet. xD

Posted

Meh, I guess I could actually try watching it. It didn't sound too appealing though.

Posted

With Fantasy? Nooooo. With everything else, sure. xD

I'm off to watch more Heat Guy J. My daily dose of android butt-kicking while bagpipes play hasn't been diagnosed today yet. xD

It's more Science-Fantasy then outright Sci-Fi... what with alchemy and all... But...

Enjoy that

Posted

THAT SOUNDS EPIC

Posted

THAT SOUNDS EPIC

Oh it is. :'D I wish more fights happened in it, though. D: I'm on around ep 17 now.

And now I'm trying to catch up on Hitman Reborn. I've got a looooong way to go.