Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't watch a series that's over 100 episodes long.

I learned my lesson with Bleach.

I recently looked at my anime list, and my watched anime list is shockingly small for someone who procrastinates as much as I do-- only 56 anime series watched.

I also have some on standby, and others on my watch list, and some I'm in the process of watching.

But mang.

Anyways, I'm going to start watching Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei once more, from episode 2 since I stopped watching at episode 1 for some other series.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sailor Moon

Pokemon

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Rurouni Kenshin

Love Hina

Junjou Romantica

Antique Bakery

Bleach

Haruhi Suzumiya

Axis Powers Hetalia

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

The only series I ever completed and still follow, though they're put on hold indefinitely since school. I'm very picky with anime. Stuff like Death Note, Code Geass or Ouran never stuck with me, and I don't see why people like them so much.

There's a little philosophy I go by. I like anime. I hate anime fans.

Posted

I feel similarly a lot, Joshizzle.

Especially with anime chat rooms.

Sahaqiel

Posted

There's a little philosophy I go by. I like anime. I hate anime fans.

Its the same for me.

I learned this when my friends and I decided to create an anime club at our school. Nice idea, not a nice outcome.

We do everything to avoid it now. xD;

Posted

didsomeonesayDESU: hey guys desu

Sahaqiel: Ugh.

didsomeonesayDESU: what desu

Sahaqiel: Nothing.

darkfluffycloth: you're doing that wrong man

Spinnything: overused meme

Moments later

didsomeonesayDESU: ya i no y ur telling me i bucher japanes wen americns can hardly spaek english desu

Sahaqiel: Don't you live in America?

didsomeonesayDESU: ya desu

Posted

Haha.

Posted

The fact that you made one at all says so much about you.

You can say whatever you want. That you try to avoid them now. That you do anything to avoid the club. You were the one who started it, and in my mind and in the minds of others, you're no different, if not just elitist which makes it even worse. Nice idea, my ass. You walked right into that.

Congratulations. You're a weeaboo. -verbal smack in the face-

Posted

The fact that you made one at all says so much about you.

You can say whatever you want. That you try to avoid them now. That you do anything to avoid the club. You were the one who started it, and in my mind and in the minds of others, you're no different, if not just elitist which makes it even worse. Nice idea, my ass. You walked right into that.

Congratulations. You're a weeaboo. -verbal smack in the face-

Well there was someone before us who held the anime club for a year or two, so eh. =\ We had better people last year, but they all graduated.

Now I just can't stand the new people in the club, so I just say hi to them once n' awhile and continue walking down the hallway or doing schoolwork.

Well excuse my friends and I for wanting to create a club where people wouldn't be afraid to express their cultural interests. If the creators lose interest, then someone else just needs to take up the line of duty. I left someone in charge, so its all good now anyways.

Also, @Saha: XD Wow. Maybe I should come to the chat more often.

Posted

No, that was a chat convo at animefuel.com.

I never facepalmed so many times in my life.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hm... another chat I can understand. Well, more than Hyrule's chat anyways. xD

The anime and manga of Durarara!! has been showing a lot of promise so far. It's a pain waiting for the manga chapters to be scanlated online, though. -_- I'm liking it a little more than the anime right now.

Posted

I've recently been watching Elfen Lied. I've found it to be a rather interesting mix of depressing and hilarious.

Posted

It doesn't quite have a genre, Aethix. That's how confused it is. I don't think Elfen Lied is that great as an anime, because the story abruptly cuts off and butchers itself at one obvious point, which would be the most important part, if you know what I mean. The manga was still going on when the anime was being aired, so they put the ending in the middle of the manga plot and it all just died.

Anyways, four things. Spoiler tagged have legitimate spoilers that are likely going to spoil the ending.

I watched Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time) and it was pretty good.

But the ending pissed me off because when is he going to come back? Probably NEVER. Since he's from the future he could have accomplished whatever he wanted to do and return to the point he left at, but then he might be aged or something. That's infuriating. Way to play with a young girl's heart and leave her forever.

I caught up to the most recent Kimi no Todoke. It is hilarious and awesome. Sawako's face, man. ksj;asljdfkl; Also, one of the most important plot drivers is that she was avoided because she looks like Sadako from The Ring. Like, really, a direct reference. But she's coolio. A very adorable story, too. Can't wait to see what happens.

I watched Welcome to the NHK!. Now, this series got some pretty good feedback from professional reviewers and whatnot,

but its lack of a definitive, satisfying ending made me angry. It's a love story like 1/3 of the way into the story, then it has a bunch of love triangle drama, then he finally is with the right choice and nothing special happens between them. They just go back to their ordinary lives except they see each other once a day for ten minutes. Sure, he's not a hikikomori anymore and they're going to college, but this is making me angry. They're lovers, so they should be lovers. :/

I watched all the Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei episodes, and it was a pretty hilarious series. Komori Kiri is my favorite, with Itoshiki Rin at my second, but SHAFT needs to know how to do a running gag. :/

Fuura calls Nozomu Pink Supervisor and pays him for it but then stops after like episode four. It turns out Fuura is actually Nozomu's college student neighbor who is also a love interest and she cooks for him. For like four episodes before she disappears. Kiri doesn't want anyone to open whatever doesn't need opening... For a good amount of like the first season, maybe. Kimura, I think her name was, even got rid of her alternate personality after the episode it was introduced in. :/ Even one of the most important running gags of Nozomu constantly being in despair and trying to kill himself eventually stops. Well, I guess it's good he has a brighter outlook on life. Instead they keep in all the lame running gags like the dog or stork or panty shot.

But yeah, they're all pretty good.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I've started on Nyan Koi! and Seitokai no Ichizon, as well as Katanagatari. Katanagatari's light novel was apparently made by the same dude who made Bakemonogatari's light novel. It's in a much different art style, and I don't think Studio SHAFT produces it, but it's really entertaining and the unique style is actually pretty clean and cute, despite being action and story driven, yet still comedic, utilizing its style pretty well. They're each in hour long episodes, though, so I guess air time will be split up into larger wait times. :/ Lame, 'cause this is actually pretty interesting. Actually, twelve episodes, over the course of twelve months. I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR TO COMPLETE THIS ANIME. UGH. ): The only con I would point out is that the characters like to ramble about stuff and one of the main characters uses the age-old gag of asking a question, and getting the unexpected question yet explaining everything like it was the expected answer anyway, but then stopping and then, surprised, blurting out something along the lines of, "Wait, you said no? What do you mean no!?"

She utilized it terribly, because it was in no way short and sweet, but it took her until the very end of the ramble to realize her mistake, which takes any funniness away. Then she does the exact same thing again.

Speaking of monogatari, Bakemonogatari is apparently getting a prequel and sequel, which makes me ultra super excited, except they sound really... malevolent. "Nisemonogatari", "Kizumonogatari". ): That doesn't sound like the super cool adorable-in-its-own-way Bakemonogatari and the portmanteaus aren't even related in meaning.

Nyan Koi!'s animation isn't the greatest, but it's enough to sustain me. The plot reminds me of that one show that was on Nickelodeon where the kid is turned into a dog and has to do 100 good deeds.

Didn't that show drop off the radar?

Like every Nick show from the 90s seems to have at some point, other than Spongebob. Every. Single. One.

Remember Allen Strange?

NO.

BECAUSE IT DROPPED OFF THE RADAR.

Seitokai no Ichizon makes a load of anime references, which are all funny in their own right. Character design is OK and the jokes are funny, but the atmosphere is a bit suppressed in my opinion. The main character also has jerkface ulterior motives, except they are totally not ulterior and in fact, screamed from the highest rooftops every possible moment.

I feel like the only one who's this deep into anime here. Then I go to anime sites and find dudes who are deeper into it than I am. ):

Sometimes it sucks being on middle ground.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ah, I've looked into Katanagatari a little bit: it sounds interesting, from what you make of it. There's a chance I'll give it a watch one of these days.

I finished Nyan Koi a short while back. The show produced a lot of good jokes, which was more than likely it's highest point. The animation was rather pretty, and yeah, character designs were average (except for Junpei, I thought he looked somewhat unique.) Overall, it was a fairly good show, and I believe there's to be a second season out sometime soon.

I can guarantee that once you hit episode episode 10, you won't know what to believe in that show anymore. :thumbup: XD

I'm watching A LOT of anime right now, but most of it is on hold. Out of the eleven I'm viewing, "Durarara!!", "RaXephon", and, "Kimi Ni Todoke" are the ones I'm most interested in.

"Durarara!!" just gives off a great, "Baccano"-type feel, and it has lovely character designs by Suzuhito Yatsuda. There doesn't seem to be a big plot yet, but they're certainly delving into a large one. I won't go into the details, though. You should all check it out for yourselves, because its pretty epic. =D

"RahXephon": I wish I was watching more of this anime, but I can never find a lot of time to watch episodes from it. From what I've seen, it's vibe is a lot like Evangelion's vibe (minus the insanity) and the story is just so perplexingly mysterious, that its drawing me in fast. I just need to find more time. -_-

"Kimi Ni Todoke" is just plain cute (even though once you notice how often backgrounds with lots of sparkles and bubbles they added appear, you can't help but expect them whenever you see a cute scene, and knowing this makes it quite funny xD) and the Opening theme is sure to get stuck in your head at some point. If it doesn't by the beginning of the episode, the creators throw in several other variations of the song in the episode itself (I've taken a liking to the Piano version, hugely.)

But yes, this show is good stuff. : D

Saha, you're not the only one who's deep into anime. :3 This forum just needs a little pick-me-up, and more members posting in this here topic (like me. *shot*)

Posted

Ugh I just want to grab Kimi ni Todoke and hug it until its vital bodily organs fall out.

At first I thought the art style was a bit sketchy, but I quickly got used to it and it became awesome.

From basically everything I've ever heard about RahXephon, it's a blatant ripoff of Eva, apparently, which is why I didn't really bother to look for the movie. Unless it's a series now, in which case, my research skills have failed due to the disinterest I gathered from the movie. It kinda' bored me and the character coloring was in that "douse-with-gray" look that makes my eyes scream for a deeper hue. Higurashi does the same thing, though I've heard a lot of positive feedback about it.

Also, excuse me, I feel like I'm the only one here that deep into anime other than you. D;

My watched series list is upwards 70 series at the moment, though that's really not that impressive, to me.

Two of my anime oriented friends at schools (who are blatant weeaboos in every meaning of the word, I would think) don't even take my anime recommendations, don't watch a lot of anime even when I offer to go out of my way and procure some for them, and don't even read a lot of manga. I even let one borrow Okami and she's been putting off beating that game for months now. Ugh.

IF I CAN'T TRUST A WEEABOO TO DISCUSS ANIME WITH, THEN WHO? WHO CAN I TRUST?

Erhughblurgh.

Other than you of course, Saria. ;D

Sahaqiel