Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

Why thank you, Saha. :3

Also, (this came out awhile ago, but I forgot to post it): The Spring 2010 Anime List (V1) has been released online.

spring-2010-cfexport.jpg

Looking forward to Black Rock Shooter, Heroman, Iron Man (somewhat), Angel Beats (somewhat), and K-ON! Season 2.

That Uragiri anime looks kinda interesting as well, but I'm borderline on watching it. =\

Posted

You should pick up Durarara!!.

If you've seen Baccano!, it's done by the same people.

Like it's so obvious you wouldn't even need to look up the studio or anything.

It's got a really interesting plot and the characters are quirky and hilarious, as you'd expect from the folks who did Baccano!.

Amongst that list I am only interesting in Working!, really. My Hetalia obsessed friend will be disappointed in my if I don't watch the third season, (And I'd watch them anyways since they're so short and eh, I want to see what happens next), going to watch the second season of K-ON! 'cause the first one's ending left sadfacing, and one time someone told me to watch Kiss x Sis. I didn't even consider the name, I just jumped in and watched it.

holy ;sdjalkfj;l I should pay attention to names more.

I mean it was pretty funny in some parts, but in other parts, I was so flustered and had to stop for like five minutes to recuperate.

I really feel bad if I leave a series hanging, and I know that Kiss x Sis is aimed at groups I don't fall into, but I'll watch it anyway.

I have odd luck with recommendations and random picks.

I recently went to an anime genre list and closed my eyes, then poked my finger at a random genre.

Romance, OK.

Then I brought up the list and clicked a random letter.

I, alright.

Then I closed my eyes, scrolled up and down a few times, then placed my finger on the list.

"I Love My Sister".

WHY IS IT ALWAYS INCEST.

Well whatever. I'm OK with it. It was a legit romance, and I have no problems with relationships if they're like that.

ald;dsljf I digress.

Now to finish Bakemonogatari 14 like everyone should be doing.

Sahaqiel

Posted

mine are:

Higurashi No Neku Korina (When They Cry (miss translated though it is supposed to say When the Evening Cidcadas Cry))

Sailor Moon (MOOOOONN POOWWERR)

Cardcaptors Sakura

Kirushituji (Black Butler)

the Familiar of Zero

Lucky Star

Chobits

Blood+

Angel Sanctuary ( Saha you might like this:))

Oh and mybe Rave Master

well that is it for now

Posted

It wasn't mistranslated. It's Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

You botched up the spelling.

My anime list is upwards eighty series right now, so I won't be posting my list.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hmmm, the only anime I can remember watching are Revolutionary Girl Utena and Cardcaptor Sakura. Maybe I should watch some more?

Posted

It wasn't mistranslated. It's Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

You botched up the spelling.

My anime list is upwards eighty series right now, so I won't be posting my list.

Sahaqiel

Sorry I misspelled it but they did translate the title wronge

everyone at my school (whom has watch anime) knows that it translate to When The Evening Cicadas Cry not When They Cry (though I do like that title better for it sounds creepier)

Posted

Some of those look really screwed up. Mostly Kiss X Sis. That's some messed up sh

Posted

The last anime I watched was Sailor Moon. I got the girl I like back into and she told me to watch it so I did. I wanted to kill myself. I also now

1. Know the entire theme song by heart

2. Know how to activate the powers and

3. How to use the Moon Tiara.

:banghead:

Posted

Congratulations, you are now officially in a relationship. :evil:

Posted

You should pick up Durarara!!.

If you've seen Baccano!, it's done by the same people.

Like it's so obvious you wouldn't even need to look up the studio or anything.

It's got a really interesting plot and the characters are quirky and hilarious, as you'd expect from the folks who did Baccano!.

In response:

"Durarara!!" just gives off a great, "Baccano"-type feel, and it has lovely character designs by Suzuhito Yatsuda. There doesn't seem to be a big plot yet, but they're certainly delving into a large one. I won't go into the details, though. You should all check it out for yourselves, because its pretty epic. =D

XD I've been watching it for awhile now. I'm liking the manga 10x more than the anime, but the anime is really great too (can't get enough of that Opening theme!)

Also, on the topic of, "Plan To Watch" lists... hm, well... I do have a lot of free time on my hands right now. xD;;

My List of Anime Which I Plan To Watch. ... Eventually:

1. Ah! My Goddess. ~ ... It looks cute. xD

2. AIR (movie). ~ I've seen the TV series, just not the movie.

3. Amatsuki. ~ Pretty animation. *O* XD

4. Angels Beats. ~ As listed previously.

5. Angel's Egg. ~ Its an old, old movie. I like old, old movies. :3

6. Castle In The Sky. ~ Looks like a good Ghibli film. Plus I've always wanted to see it since I've seen its commercial on my Kiki's Delivery Service VHS a billion times.

7. Cencoroll. ~ It looks like the weirdest anime in the universe. I'm drawn to it. XD

8. Darker Than BLACK Season 2. ~'Cause I'm watching Season 1

9. Deadman Wonderland. ~ Because the manga is AMAZING.

10. Detroit Metal City. ~ For the lulz. xD

11. Dogs: Bullet & Carnage. ~ Looks quirky and fun.

12. Ergo Proxy. ~ One of my old friends who loved E7 said this was an amazing anime as well.

13. Time of EVE (movie) ~ Because the TV series was awesome. :'3

14. Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (movie). ~ The TV series was pretty cool. I'd like to see more of Archer in the movie, if possible.

15. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex. ~ I watched the original movie, and my mind turned to absolute sludge from how epic it was.

16. Gunbuster vs. Diebuster. ~ A lot of my editing buddies like to edit with this anime, and it looks pretty.

17. Heroman. ~ As previously mentioned.

18. Eden of the East Movie 1, Eden of the East Movie 2. ~ The TV series was fairly interesting.

19. Hyakko. ~ My friends been bugging me to watch this.

20. Inukami. ~ Maaaaybe. Its a possibility.

21. Iron Man. ~ As previously mentioned.

22. K-ON! Season 2 ~ As previously mentioned.

23. Kino's Journey: Tower Country (movie) ~ Because the TV series is one of my alltime favorite TV series.

24. Last Exile. ~ Recommended by a friend.

25. Majin Tentei Nougami Neuro. ~ Also recommended by a friend. It seems, "meh."

26. Mushi-Uta. ~ Looks semi-interesting.

27. Oban Star Racers. ~ Recommended by Arcane, actually. ;D

28. Pale Cocoon. ~ From the same creators of Time of EVE.

29. Peach Girl. ~ I'm in need of more shoujo romance in my list, here. xD

30. Porco Rosso. ~ Another Ghibli film I want to see. Who wouldn't want to see a pig piloting a plane?

31. School Rumble. ~ Looks hilarious. xD

32. Scrapped Princess. ~ Seems interesting.

33. Sengoku Basara 2. ~ BECAUSE THE FIRST SEASON WAS SO UNDENIABLY AMAZING.

34. Slayers. ~ Its vintage-looking, and I'm drawn to stuff like that. Plus the story sounds interesting enough.

35. The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya (movie). ~ I'm not a huuuuge fan of the TV series, but its a fun little show. Besides, the movie trailer makes it look amazing. <3

36. Trigun: Badlands Rumble (movie). ~ THE TRIGUN MOVIE. OH SWEET MOTHER OF YES.

37. Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru. ~ As previously mentioned.

38. Zaion: I Wish You Were Here. ~ 'Spotted it at a local electronics store, and considered buying it. Didn't in the end, but I still plan on watching it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need to lie down now. xD I haven't typed this much on Hyrule.net in a loooooong time.

Posted

36. Trigun: Badlands Rumble (movie). ~ THE TRIGUN MOVIE. OH SWEET MOTHER OF YES.

quote for truth

I never keep more than five or six in my to-watch list, because I have a to-research list with much more anime in it. If it sounds unappealing, then I let it drop. I have like seven series I'm watching right now, with about 80-something series that I have already watched.

I gotta' be p. interested to put it in my to-research list too.

I'm trying to broaden my scope, but no one will mention any anime that are above average.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hm... so you're looking for an anime that isn't immensely popular, but is above average.

Hm... well Clannad and Clannad After Story are pretty popular, but they sit rather high above the average meter in my mind. :'D

You might also like:

1. The Vision of EscaFlowne (not too popular, but really amazing nonetheless)

2. Time of EVE

3. Kino's Journey

Those are a few anime that I've seen which I would rate above average, and generally, I don't think they're very popular. ^^;; They're all very good, though.

Posted

I remember watching Escaflowne on G4 back when it was good.

It bored me, and also was a ripoff of Evangelion, apparently.

I dunno, I didn't pay enough attention to it. It did seem Evangelionish, and Evangelion impacted me more than any anime really, so I don't have respect on any blatant ripping off.

I'm also attempting to finish Clannad, but it's likewise pretty uninteresting. The characters are kinda' cookie cutter personalitywise, and the art is kinda' bland. So is the plot in some areas. ;( It doesn't appeal to me. But I'll try to finish it.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I remember watching Escaflowne on G4 back when it was good.

It bored me, and also was a ripoff of Evangelion, apparently.

I dunno, I didn't pay enough attention to it. It did seem Evangelionish, and Evangelion impacted me more than any anime really, so I don't have respect on any blatant ripping off.

Really? Evangelion'ish? ... I can't really connect it with Evangelion at all. o_o

I could connect Eureka seveN and most definitely RahXephon to Evangelion.

... But EscaFlowne? I don't see it.

The story was about a girl who got transported to Gaia and had this special pendant that helped her see into the future. The whole, 'seeing the future' plot was expanded upon and became a goal for the main villain, who wanted to use this huge-arse machine that would alter fate in order to get what he wanted (and the two main characters, Van and Hitomi, were in his way with the giant dragon-mech, 'EscaFlowne.')

Evangelion's plot was about a secret organization made for the protection of the human race in the face of an alien race of, "Angels."

Now... besides that, I don't know what the rest of the plot it. ^^;; I know that some psychotic stuff happens near the end and it has something to do with Shinji and Rei, and I do know that Rei is special in some way. (Is she a key of some sort? She transformed into this... giant glowing human, or something, in an AMV I saw of it awhile back. It could have been one of the movies, though.)

Hitomi isn't really special or anything, and the ending of EscaFlowne wasn't psychotic. So... I'm just not seeing the connection. Could you elaborate? (And I don't mind if you give spoilers. I've seen enough AMVs of Evangelion that contain spoilers, so I'm pretty much good. xD)

EDIT: Well... there WAS this one EscaFlowne episode where Van got consumed with darkness in his heart and it overran EscaFlowne itself. Hence, he stopped breathing in reality, but mentally his mind was very active in some weird dream. He got out of it, thanks to Hitomi and Meryl though. I guess that's the only connection I can think of between Eva and Esca. xD (In terms of insanity involving mechs.)

Posted

Oh yeah, RahXephon. That's the one. My bad, memory failure.

RahXephon bored me p. bad.

For some reason RahXephon and Escaflowne kinda' seem similar, namewise, to me.

Which is why I mix them up a lot.

I started watching So-Ra-No-Wo-To 'cause I saw a screenshot of one of the main characters with a funny face.

I get into some anime like that. Just seeing a screenshot that intrigues me. Clannad was the same, and I've yet to see what got me into it. As in, the screenshot/gif.

All I have to say so far is that it is K-ON! with post-disaster technological development setback and reforming, and instead of a music club, it is a music oriented platoon.

Which is OK. I'll catch up with the most recent episode just so I have something to watch.

Sahaqiel