Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule 3.0 - Staff nominations!? Woah!

118 posts in this topic

Posted

The site has had most of the same mods for a very long time now... and as many have noticed, a great deal of the 'old crowd' are much less active here. They got older, got jobs, are busy with school, or are grounded all the time. We need to increase the staff count slightly to include some of the newer crowd. There are a lot of people here that have been active for a very long time but weren't around in the early days to become a staff member. Read on...

------

New staff will be nominated and decided on by current staff members. HOWEVER, I'm going to do two additional things to help this site move in the right direction. ONE: Hyrule members will decide on one of the new staff members! You will nominate staff here, and once nominations are in, there will be a vote. The winner of the member vote will become a moderator/staff. SECOND: The list of runner-ups will help show the mods who you guys like and will influence them on who they nominate.

So Hyrule members and friends, nominate who you want to be on the staff! [b]Pick someone who is friendly, fair, hard working, [i]willing to take action to improve the site[/i], and has been around long enough to know the ropes and what this place has to offer.[/b] We need to get this site more active again with friendly, uplifting staff that will help lead Hyrule in the right direction.

[size=5][color="#FFA500"]Choose Hyrule's Future![/color][/size]

Posted

How many new staff members will there be(insert question mark ^^, currently on a broken computer.)

Posted

I nominate myself, anybody second my nomination?

Posted

eh. I'll nominate pokefan, he knows what he's doing... most of the time...

Posted

[quote name='Luneth Uchiha' post='151955' date='Jun 24 2008, 06:45 AM']eh. I'll nominate pokefan, he knows what he's doing... most of the time...[/quote]

ya hes right but... i have not seen much of him lately soo...I say Prince OF Twilight

Posted

I Nominate MySelf For A Mod

[size=1]I'm Good[/size]

Posted

Guys.....

Elaboreh. (Which is french for: Elaborate.)

you can't just say who you want to nominate without elaborating as to why you want to do it.

Personally, I nominate myself for AT LEAST a chat mod for these reasons:

1. on Weekends, I am always on,and occasionally on weekdays.

2. Summer is just around the corner, two days, actually. After those two days, I will be completely free for staff.

3. I make good topics, and I am loved among the forum people. I'm not very busy yet, although I will soon be going into Gr. 9, so things might start to get busy then. Summer is almost here, so you've got to nab me while I'm available, which is most likely going to be mostly during the summer, and we've only got roughly two months of it.

4. I have a vast knowledge of the forums, as do these people. (See below)

5. If not me, then why not these people:

A. Lightly Dark Garo Master. Why? He's friendly, is a good all - around guy, and I'm sure if you explained his job to him he'd know very well what he is doing. Not to mention he has good jokes.

B. Chef Nonsense. Why? Some reasons: 1. He has nonsense in his title, meaning he's funny.2.He's very fun, and again, if you explained his duties to him, I'm sure he'd know what he was doing.

C. Cat Girl. Sure, she can be over- energetic, but she is very friendly and I'm sure she'd be able to help anyone in trouble.

More reasons to nominate people: Nominate more early teenagers. What I mean by this is nominate more people around 12 - 14. These people should not be that perverted, and, in some, if not most, cases will be going through puberty. (@ The person who said "Y'know how preetens are: You honestly think you know? You were one once, too, hypocrite.)

There are my reasons. The people who didn't elaborate, use meaningful reasons as to why you want to do that.

Posted

I nominate Knuckle and/or Ryu.

Posted

PF's on alot, not as much as some but he's on at least four-five times a day

Posted

I nominate myself to a chat mod. I am on almost constantly, everybody knows me, I do not abuse power *cough* Fierce Muffin *cough*, I am nice (most of the time, some days I get mad for no apparent reason, but very little... T.T), and I've been a moderator in chat before. Not necessarily #zelda... I know i am not on here much, so not that many of you know me, but on the chat I am well known and liked (by most).

Posted

lol everyone is going to nominate themselves, i think i'd be up to it though (lol, you dun want to know how much i'm on, i just don't post alot, just look at my comments XD)
but i'd also put my bet on ryu, he's good with people

Posted

hey, i didn't nominate myself,
and we all know fierce muffin went power crazy, we don't need to bring that back up dark_one

Posted

I automatically denominate anyone who's nominated themselves, had enough bad experiences of that in the past...

As for who I want to actually nominate, I'll tell Dustin myself....

Other than the self nomination, TML makes a lot of good points however. O and other than the early/pre teens, a)shouldn't make a difference, although if you are going to take it into consideration you should also remember they're more likely to make snap decisions.

Posted

I'd have to say... Chef Nonsense as a forum mod. He's easy to get along with, on a good amount of time, and is extremely responsible.

Posted

I'm eloquent, I have a vast vocabulary. I'm kind but firm and i'm easy to get along with. But i'm also far from perfect, i'm a die-hard Republocrat (I believe in both republican and democrat ideals). An Atheist but i respect peoples religious beliefs. And a decent artist and writer.