Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo E3 Rumours

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, it's that time of year again. With a week to go until Nintendo's E3 conference and severe lack of titles on their release list for wii and DS at the moment, we could be looking forward to some big game announcements. List of possible game announcements and the likelihood of them being announced after the break.

Nintendo's E3 press conference will be on Tuesday, 15th July, 9:00 PST. That's 6pm GMT/BST
------

[b]Wii Games[/b]

[b]Animal Crossing Wii[/b]
Likelihood: 95%
There are a lot of things pointing towards Animal Crossing wii being announced this year. Reggie has already said there will be one specific game that will appeal to casual and hardcore fans alike. Animal Crossing would seem to fit into that. An animal crossing game has always seemed inevitable too, with the example of how the messageboard could be used back in 2006. It would be a key franchise to use now and could develop Nintendo's online modes further. To top all of this off, it's already listed on the [url="http://www.e3.net"]e3.net[/url] site as a game that will be showcased

[b]Kid Icarus Wii[/b]
Likelihood: 90%
Pit's reappearance from Nintendo's past may have been the first hint, they've brought him back and now maybe there's be another console Kid Icarus game. The only real big pointer to this is that it's listed, along with animal crossing, on [url="http://www.e3.net"]e3.net[/url]. The reliability of this has yet to be seen, but it could be obvious.

[b]Wii Music[/b]
Likelihood: 60%
This wouldn't really class as an announcement, but this has kind of faded into the shadows and no-one's sure what has become of it. It's still appeared on the odd Nintendo release list, but little is known what's actually going to happen about it. Will it reappear as a wiiware title or the like?

[b]Zelda Wii[/b]
Likelihood: 50%
What most of you would no doubt like to hear. For the first time in a while there has been solid news of a Zelda game that in development, no information or anything, there hasn't been a gap like this since the announcement of Wind Waker as since there has been a stream of console and handheld games keeping up the flow. It's definately more likely than it was last year and it's definately possible, but is it too soon for Nintendo to announce this now, or should they continue development before saying anything? It's estimated that a Zelda Wii game that's in the works has been in development for over 2 years now, so it may be too soon to start building up the hype.

[b]New IP[/b]
Of course, something completely new could be in the works, but it's hard to speculate on something like this.

[b]Hardware[/b]

[b]Wii Storage Solution[/b]
Likelihood: 80%
This was rather likely on my list last year and didn't happen, but with even more and more people complaining to Nintendo about the lack of storage space and the wiiware releases fully underway, it would make sense for Nintendo to finally put a stop to this. How they do it is another matter, there's really one of three options. Either they can open up the SD card slot and allow games to be played STRAIGHT from the SD card, or they can allow USB hard drives to be used, both of these would be firmware updates. The other is a Nintendo released peripheral, most likely for the USB which would add the extra storage. Even if Nintendo say most people don't need the extra space, surely it would make more sense to give it to those who do want/need it?

[b]Redesigned DS[/b]
This is another rumour that's been making the rounds, another redesign of the DS, an upgrade to the DS lite shall we say. It's possible and Nintendo have taken the "not commenting on rumours" approach. It's definately possible and makes sense, with the main feature rumoured to be a widescreen and the new design will most likely be even lighter. The DS is a popular console, so a redesign would seem more likely than the following...

[b]New Handheld[/b]
Likelihood: 10%
New handhelds come out roughly every 4 years from Nintendo, so this may be a year early, but it's a possibility. To add to that, the DS continues to be a resounding success, is it really worth Nintendo moving on from it so soon? I reckon we won't be seeing

[b]DS Games[/b]

[b]New Super Mario Bros. 2[/b]
Likelihood: 60%
There hasn't really been too many rumours going around about this, but it would be a good decision to make. The first one on the DS continues to sell very highly and has really shown that people still love the 2d mario games. Big changes have not been rumoured and wouldn't even really be necessary, so this is very much a "wait and see what happens" kind of thing

Anything else you've seen/would like to see?

Posted

Oh a new Zelda announcement would be nice :D What about a new Pikmin?

Posted

Zelda 50%? Nahh. I'd say a lot more than that. At least 85%.
It has been in developement since 2005.
At the 2005 conference, they showed the revolution, and said that next gen titles of Mario and Zelda are already underway.
That's 3 years. They better show something this year. Even if it's just another trailer that doesn't say much about the game like in 2004.
I just want to see what it looks like. But, I'll admit, if they are gonna delay it 3 times like they did with Twilight Princess, i'd rather them just not show it at all this year, then show it next year almost finished. That way they won't give us false hope of a 4th quarter release in 2009.
I just can't wait to see this new graphic style they're talking about.
Possibly only a week away. :D
Although, i'm gonna be at camp from July 14-18, so I'll see it after everyone else. :(

Posted

ah, I meant to add Pikmin on there, may do that in a bit.

I'd put a zelda announcement at 50/50 because I reckon they're going to leave it later in the game development before announcing it this time. Of course, that means it's just as likely to be announced as not announced, 85% is heading near certain...

Posted

Great list Gingerlink.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Wario Ware soon (Maybe not [i]this[/i] soon) that plays with both the Wii Remote and the Wii Balance Board.

Posted

[quote name='eyeoftruth' post='154543' date='Jul 8 2008, 08:10 AM']Oh a new Zelda announcement would be nice :D What about a new Pikmin?[/quote]
Total agree! xD

Great list :)

With Homebrew it is already possible to use USB storage and run things / install things of it!
(Only Homebrew mode not adding space to Wii yet...)

Can't wait for all this :D

Posted

You know what I'd like to see? Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Or a new golden sun. Those games would make this year's E3 one to remember in my book...

Posted

well, the possibility for a new hand held is actually a bit higher,
think, the GBA came out in 2002, the DS came out in 2005,
they're probably going to replace it within the next year so,

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='154554' date='Jul 8 2008, 04:36 PM']Great list Gingerlink.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Wario Ware soon (Maybe not [i]this[/i] soon) that plays with both the Wii Remote and the Wii Balance Board.[/quote]

A WarioLAND game is currently in development, so they may skimp on the ware part for a bit.

GBA came out in 2001 I think actually *checks wikipedia*, yay I was right :D

So, yeah, 4 years between each handheld, which means following the pattern there may be one in 2009. So we COULD see an announcement now, but I reckon it'll be next year...

Posted

Yays for Gingy's list!!! :joy:

I really doubt it, but I'm hoping for another Custom Robo. (Like the gamecube one. Custom Robo Arena, for DS, wasn't nearly as gewd.)

I think there might be a new Chibi Robo game. There was a second one for DS, so it's likely they'll continue the new series. (Even though Chibi Robo kinda freaks me out. XD)

Posted

[quote name='Oni_Link49' post='154560' date='Jul 8 2008, 05:26 PM']You know what I'd like to see? Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Or a new golden sun. Those games would make this year's E3 one to remember in my book...[/quote]
ya i really wanna see something on ToS also. and i can't remember where but i read about golden sun 3 coming out on the ds sometime soon so keep an eye out for some info at e3 about it.

Posted

all of those are based on some sort of rumour on the internet, the only other one someone's mentioned that there's even been win of is pikmin 3...(thrii??)

Posted

hopefully a new FE game.

i wont be suprised if a new pokemon comes out (pokemon Platinum)(ty serebii.net

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='154586' date='Jul 8 2008, 02:02 PM']all of those are based on some sort of rumour on the internet, the only other one someone's mentioned that there's even been win of is pikmin 3...(thrii??)[/quote]

Pikmin 3 has a lot of ground, what with both Miyamoto and Reggie saying they hope to see its return and Olimar being in Brawl.

Posted

I hope there will be a new Kid Icarus. I loved the old one when I was little, and I think a new one is overdue.