Okami

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Alrighty, well I stopped by the store and bought Okami today. Thanks for all of your opinions on the game! It helped a lot. ^^

Okay, so I sat down to play Okami,

and I stopped playing 5 hours later. XD IT'S JUST SO AWESOME! You guys were absotivelly-possillutely right! At the beginning, I liked the story of Orochi and how Niga and Ameratsu defeated him. The intro was quite long, and since it was on a scroll, it didn't have many colors, but whoa, just right when it finished the story and went to the present time, the color exploded out of it and I was in awe! REALLY aesthetic lol. ^^

Also, when I went into the cursed fields and faced the monsters, all I could think of was LoZ TP. XD It makes me wonder if Nintendo got that idea for TP from the PS2 version of this game lol, but nonetheless, its just amazing!

That little bug guy (whoops, forgot. He hates being called a bug. xD Right, he's Issun. :D) is so funny! xD When they first introduced him in the game, I was like, 'Um... pervert!?' xD But he's really cool.

The music is just amazing as well, as you guys have all said.

I just wanted to say thanks for driving me to buy a really great game. Now I'll go play it for 5 more hours! XD

Posted

No, no. Okami was inspired by Twilight Princess, not the other way around.

Posted

That was very mature. I'm proud of you YLA.

If you look past the cel-shading, I'm sure you'll fall in love with Okami.

Thanks, GM.

I would buy it, but I spent all my money on Mysims, witch by the way is not that good. It gets boring after you get 5 stars, but I got it because my friend said it was good, and now he doesn't like it. :( I would get it, but I'm all out of cash, and I never see the game at gamestop, EB Games, or Wal-mart.

Posted

No, no. Okami was inspired by Twilight Princess, not the other way around.

TP was made before Okami? But... wasn't Okami originally on PS2? o_0

Unless... wait, was the Wii version released shortly after the PS2 version, then?

I would buy it, but I spent all my money on Mysims, witch by the way is not that good. It gets boring after you get 5 stars, but I got it because my friend said it was good, and now he doesn't like it. I would get it, but I'm all out of cash, and I never see the game at gamestop, EB Games, or Wal-mart.

Lol the same thing happened to a lot of my friends. They loved MySims...

for about 2 weeks. XD Then they all just got bored and went to play the original PC version of Sims, which is 1000 times better.

That sucks that you're out of money. :cry: Maybe you can do chores around the house and ask your parents for money for doing them (works for me when I'm broke lol.) Also, do they have Future Shop where you live? 'Cause that's where I bought Okami.

Also, haha just noticed this yesterday (freaked me out a bit, but it's interesting): has anyone ever seen The IGN Watermark on the Wii Version of Okami?

Look: Regular cover, right?

okami_cover_wii.jpg

But if we zoom in near the mouth of Amaterasu...

okami_cover_wii_highlight.jpg

I'm sure everyone's seen this, but I just found it yesterday and found it interesting. :embarrassed:

Posted

TP was in development far longer than Okami was, meaning the implementation of controlling a wolf in TP was seen before Capcom started working on the game (Wolf Link was first seen at E3 in 2004; Okami development started in 2005).

Trivia: "okami" is a double pun. Okami is the Japanese word for wolf (狼), which you play the game as, but is also a homonym for the word that means "great god" (大神), as the wolf you play as is Amaterasu, the sun goddess in Shintoism.

The kanji used to promote the game is the latter, though: 大神

Posted

Unless... wait, was the Wii version released shortly after the PS2 version, then?

for about 2 weeks. XD Then they all just got bored and went to play the original PC version of Sims, which is 1000 times better.

That sucks that you're out of money. :cry: Maybe you can do chores around the house and ask your parents for money for doing them (works for me when I'm broke lol.) Also, do they have Future Shop where you live? 'Cause that's where I bought Okami.

Also, haha just noticed this yesterday (freaked me out a bit, but it's interesting): has anyone ever seen The IGN Watermark on the Wii Version of Okami?

okami_cover_wii.jpg

I'm sure everyone's seen this, but I just found it yesterday and found it interesting. :embarrassed:

I don't see what you're pointing out. . .

Posted

It's hard to see on the second image, but if you look on the regular cover image where Saria says it's at(in front of the mouth), you can see it.

Posted

What is it?

Posted

I don't see what you're pointing out. . .

? You don't see the IGN logo on the cover? :huhwhat:

If you have Okami for the Wii, look at the cover near Amaterasu's mouth, and you'll see the IGN logo. This logo (without the box surrounding it, of course.):

160px-IgnLogo.png

It's quite faint, but it's there, on the Wii cover. Here, maybe I can find better pics of it...

EDIT: Found a link to a picture of it, just enhanced so it's easier to notice. The logo is next to Amaterasu's mouth. Faint, but visable.

http://www.siriusaspects.ca/images/ignlogooops.jpg

Posted

okami_cover_wii.jpg

I get paid 10 bucks during the summer, and 5 bucks during a school year.

No there is no future shop near here. :(

Posted

Rofl... Darn you, IGN. =(

Anyways, I really kinda' want to get the game, but I don't have moneys.

Also, yes, the creator of Okami apparently was inspired by Zelda, and yet, even after this game, he also said he was disappointed with TP...

Take that, general TP-graphic-prostituting-peoples.

Okami was a beautiful and interesting game back when it first came out, and I really heavily wanted to play it, but I hear a couple years back that Okami wasn't going to have a sequel or something along those lines, and that it wouldn't be ported, which is a shame since it would fit so well with the Wii, so when I first found out that it might just come out for the Wii, I was like, "ZOMG!! :o"

But yeah, hoping I can get my hands on it soon. I never get video games anymore because my parents expect me to grow out of them or some crap... =(

Sahaqiel

Posted

Saha, you're old enough to work (if you don't already) and YLA, you could walk dogs or mow lawns or something for moneys.

A summer job is a great way to get leisure cash.

Posted

Rofl... Darn you, IGN. =(

Anyways, I really kinda' want to get the game, but I don't have moneys.

Also, yes, the creator of Okami apparently was inspired by Zelda, and yet, even after this game, he also said he was disappointed with TP...

Take that, general TP-graphic-prostituting-peoples.

Okami was a beautiful and interesting game back when it first came out, and I really heavily wanted to play it, but I hear a couple years back that Okami wasn't going to have a sequel or something along those lines, and that it wouldn't be ported, which is a shame since it would fit so well with the Wii, so when I first found out that it might just come out for the Wii, I was like, "ZOMG!! :o"

But yeah, hoping I can get my hands on it soon. I never get video games anymore because my parents expect me to grow out of them or some crap... =(

Sahaqiel

Why darn IGN?

What actually happened was the publishers lost the original artwork, so they bagged the image for the cover from IGN's website, however they seemed to fail to realise the watermark was still on there...

Posted

I'm about a quarter of the way through Okami now. :D

But now I think I've developed a hate for sunken treasure ships. :embarrassed: The one in this game is creeping me out majorly lol.

It's like my experience in Shadow Temple in OoT 0_0 (except a little less scary lol.)

Posted

Lol. I'm glad that you're enjoying it.