Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hyrule.net's Nintendo E3 coverage

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm here with my usual E3 live text feed. You're gonna need to update to see the new updates. Newest are at the top. I believe SirJoshizzle will be taking the major announcements and putting them on the front page, but stick here to see each minor point as Nintendo pitches it!

Updates after the break

-------

Times are GMT because it's easiest for me :embarrassed:

18.13 - Yep, all over. Look for some more in depth things in the days to come!

18.08 - Well that was fun, but it looks like that's about it now...

18.06 - Mario Theme!

18.05 - They're going to play a song in a band, this could be good. Is it going to be an actual song?

18.04 - It doesn't rate your process, however you can record videos and record each bit individually and bring them together

18.03 - There's a professional drummer, apparently it works just like a full drum simulator.

18.02 - Piano, guitar, drums, violin, big drum

18.01 - 50 different instruments, just with the wii remote, that's quite a lot

17.59 - Wii music is going to be more like a custom rock band, just basically messing round with all sorts of instruments, some at the same time.

17.57 - it's shigsy on a sax-a-maphone!

17.55 - Wii music, demoing a drum kit at the moment. (my stream is failing miserably). Work with balance board for pedals as well

17.54 - Wii sports resort, next spring. One more game coming out this holiday, what is it? cmon reggie!

17.53 - Reggie just got owned at the fencing...

17.52 - A sword fighting game? on the beach? Ok it's fencing, but still, whatever, cool :D

17.50 - "the cutest game you'll probabbly ever see" Disc Dog, what? Where is it? (my live feed is messing up)

17.48 - New Wii Sports: Resort. Uses the new motion plus add-on. Apparently a "more than worthy" succesor to wii sports.

17.47 - The DS with a fresh set of eyes? wait, go back...

17.45 - What the fudge? Okie Dokie, New Grand Theft Auto Game on the DS, titled Chinatown wars. New Characters, Custom Game engine. Well that's certainly a surprise.

17.44 - Another Pokemon spin-off

17.43 - Looking at Spore on the DS, only portable version there'll be

17.41 - Males and Females about even on DS, Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades announced (it's a new one, the decades bit on the end makes it a new one)

17.38 -Rayman Raving Rabbids now, hang on, I think he meant 3 third party games, the third is Call of Duty: World at War

17.37 - ok they're looking at only 3 games, clone wars would appear to be the first, with a lot of lightsbaer control.

17.36 - Legendary IP? new IPs? Dozens of new titles? that's good... what are they?

17.34 -Wii also selling software the fastest in the first few months. Are they including wii sports? That would be cheating...

17.33: -Wii's selling faster than PS2 did, it's actually selling even faster now than it did before.

17.32: -Pokemon has sold 180 million games...

17.31- 2007, peak year for DS? If there's no new games, then yes...

17.30- He's not completely happy, veteran gamers are hungry and he wants more people to play

17.29- Reggie time, more sales, 20 millions DSs for the US, 10 million Wiis

17.27- It looks like this is the community stuff everyone wants from animal crossing is there. Let's hope it all works great, the microphone is definately a good addition

17.26- [b] Wii microphone[/b] It's a community microphone that sits above or below the TV and allows anyone in the room to pitch in easily. Integrated with Animal crossing.

17.23 -Happy room academy includes all your friends, so you can see what you're doing. A lot of things are in a seprate "city". You can get a mask to make your character look like a mii!

17.22 -Nope, [b] Animal Crossing Wii[/b]. Creating a community, subtitled "city folk"

17.22 -Consumers acting as creators, is this about spore?

17.22 -They're talking about coming up with fresh surprises, including today, yay!

17.21 -:D Satoru is taking a pop at Microsoft and Sony (not my name, but it's obvious) about taking the new ideas as they are no longer as fresh. I think the crowd got it with a bit of widespread laughter

17.20 Talking about how wii fit and mario kart wii are bringing gamers and non-gamers together. Now saying that Guitar Hero 3 has actually been the most succesful and has sold.

17.19 Figures of how the wii and DS are selling as though every week is a holiday week.

17.18 Wiiware giving smaller publishers a chance, a widening demographic. Are the pie charts looming?

17.17 "The studios creating mario titles and zelda titles are both hard at work"

17.16 Now talking about titles that stay around for a lot longer, including things like mario kart DS. It IS a good game, but I'm playing the wii one now to be fair...

17.15 He's talking how they don't think anyone expected them to be selling "bathroom scales" around the world now, 5 years ago

17.13 Satoru Iwata has just come on the stage, this may be good...

17.10 Started with a small demo of Shaun White Snowboarding on the balance board.

Posted

Talk talk talking now... I wanna see new ds and new zelda.

Animal Crossing - City Folk, for wii in 2008. (by the end of the year)
- New city, auctioning place.
- Wii Speak new wii microphone to talk to anyone in the game.
- Fishing, catching fish type by season.

Posted

You forgot Nintendo Presedent Hinted at new marip and Zelda games for the Wii.

Posted

New Zelda hard at work. Yes, yes, fsck yes. <3

Posted

[quote name='Tazay' post='155520' date='Jul 15 2008, 05:41 PM']You forgot Nintendo Presedent Hinted at new marip and Zelda games for the Wii.[/quote]

no I didn't 17.17

Posted

That Mario Theme was pretty good using Wii Music.

Posted

no new trailer for any new mario or zelda, or even kid icarus...dang

o well, at least we get to speak to friends via wii, and GTA for the DS is OWNESS

im really looking foward to WiiMusic

Posted

: ( They could've shown a video of atleast one of the few major titles Nintendo has. Specifically, Zelda. : ( Some games looked pretty cool, like Wii Music and Wii Sports: Resort. olollololool Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

Posted

there's definately some good stuff there, but there's nothing really epic to hype up and look forward to and I wanted that :(

You can't really add epic hype to wii sports or animal crossing, Kid Icarus you could've done though...

As I said, I don't think a new Zelda is ready yet, there's no point showing it off if it's still going to be another 2 years.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='155526' date='Jul 15 2008, 11:18 AM']there's definately some good stuff there, but there's nothing really epic to hype up and look forward to and I wanted that :(

You can't really add epic hype to wii sports or animal crossing, Kid Icarus you could've done though...

As I said, I don't think a new Zelda is ready yet, there's no point showing it off if it's still going to be another 2 years.[/quote]

Thats what they did with TP

Posted

For now, the live feed will do. There's really no point in putting up articles that are gonna be two or three lines at best. I'll wait for more more news to roll in before actual articles dedicated to [i]Wii Music[/i], [i]Wii Sports Resort[/i] and [i]Animal Crossing[/i] come up.

Posted

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's Gingerlink's point-by-point E3 coverage!

Just watched it on the television, too. Mario and Zelda teams hard at work, that's a good thing. A real good thing, though I knew once they said that that there would be no more Zelda announcements. I hope that microphone is implemented in more games- I bet it will be, too, though they'll probably only let you use it to talk with friends. D= The MotionPlus should let you do even more things that weren't possible/were awkward before, such as EPIC SWORD BATTLES. Also, yay at Wii Music. I can't wait to play Zelda tunes on a clarinet. All we need now is quantum physics implemented, and it's all good. Also, GTA DS? Who saw that coming?

Is it just me, or was that lady (forgot her name+position xD) kind of...annoying? I'd rather it opened with "Hello, I am Reggie. And I am joyous." Seriously, as soon as it started I was like, "Where the frip is REGGIE FILS-AMIE?"

Posted

It was kind of a let down this year.

Posted

Some good games, but as I said to Eye of Truth, no proper Hardcore games. Nothing you can get epically excited about. Wii sports 2, animal crossing and Wii music all look very good, but it's not quite the same.

Also, they realised that was a problem with TP and it wasn't actually SUPPOSED to be announced 2 year before release, it got delayed by over a year.

I would say looking very much forward to Leipzig, but Nintendo aren't going so there won't be any Ninty announcements there sadly. I may have been able to give you a PROPER live feed for that. Regardless, hopefully there'll be the third parties there with some good demos

Posted

I knew a second Wii Sports had to be released sooner or later. :) Though, its true that no real hardcore games have really been announced yet.