Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Future

117 posts in this topic

Posted

But she's going to be in a dungeon with all her frailty.

Possibly in the underwater dungeon, where it's funnier.

Without scuba gear.

Gosh.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Oh, well I was assuming that she'd be in some sort of cave/cavern area in the dungeon where there's dry land. Elderly women can't breathe underwater, silly.

Also, she should appear more than one time, in more than one place. She should be a motif.

OR

OR

A MACGUFFIN.

Posted

Well, if she were underwater and breathing, she'd seem a bit more suspicious, wouldn't she?

Yeah.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If it'll make you guys feel better, one of the apartment tenants can be an old lady that gets herself into odd predicaments.

Posted

The original concept of Elderly Woman should still exist, though, Nerb. It's what was originally in mind for her, and I think it's a smashing idea. IT WAS IN THE BUILD, NABE. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DEPRIVE ANYONE OF BUILD MATERIAL, SUCH AS USELESS MEDUSA HEADS, CREEPY DOLLS, SUPERSONIC BEARS, AND ELECTRIC OCARINAS?

We could include the tenant lady too, though. =D

OR, OR, OR, you know her as the old tenant woman who gets herself into odd predicaments, and then she is eventually revealed in the original concept. More of an emotional tie, there.

We have to max out the old lady motif to the extent that every other character you meet is an old lady with a defining characteristic. Such as the "cat lady." To such an extent that there's an Elderly Woman MacGuffin, and we thank Elderly Woman in the credits.

Posted

Concept. Edited with picnik.com

post-6418-1227380613_thumb.png

Posted

What?

Posted

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DEPRIVE ANYONE OF BUILD MATERIAL, SUCH AS USELESS MEDUSA HEADS, CREEPY DOLLS, SUPERSONIC BEARS, AND ELECTRIC OCARINAS?

You have no idea how maniacally I laughed at that sentence.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Tenant/sidequest suggestions:

♪Person with ??? stuck in his/her toilet

♪Drug addict (Magic Dust, yo.)

♪Wizard/witch who wants to regain his/her magic powers (ALL I'VE GOT IS THIS MAGIC CORN; AND ALL IT CAN DO IS MAKE REINDEER FLY)

♪Alien: you help it find its way home

♪Bippin and Blossom baby sort of thing

♪Link-goro sort of character needs some sort of help with some sort of thing

♪Someone wants to start a small business so he/she could be his/her own boss

♪There's a hideously ugly person who really needs a makeover

♪Kid thinks there are monsters under his bed/in his closet; it turns out that there actually are

♪Someone struggling to pay rent

♪Someone/something steals from someone's apartment every night, so you have to catch this someone/something

♪Aged female in predicament(s)

♪Insert tear-jerking romance story here

These sidequest possibilities are slightly limited because of the fact that they have to involve the tenant house in some way, which means quests must take place near Castleton, which means that we can't use the diverse locales we have at our disposal to their fullest potential. I suggest that, outside the tenant quests, there are other sidequests all over.

Also, do you like my little musical notes?

See? I'm a genius.

Posted

I love the monsters under the bed one, that's genius. Link can push aside the bed, and there can actually be a ladder under it. Now, there are two ways we can go about that.

1) The ladder can lead to the apartment below his, which would be locked if you tried to get through the door. There would be monsters there, and you would have to fight them, or possibly do a task for them like any other tenant.

2) There would be a mini one-room dungeon through the ladder, by way of unexplained spacial nonsense that allows apartments and dungeons to coexist (or possibly, the tenant lives on the first floor, and the dungeon is underground).

As for having tasks outside of the apartment, it's not out of the question. There could be a fetch quest where a tenant needs water from a hidden spring somewhere, or needs some kind of secret monkey artifact.

Posted

Ololol monkey artifact.

For the monsters under the bed thing, I'd think it awesome if the ladder led to the apartment under his own, the door of which is always locked. I hadn't thought about that possibility, and you are a genius for thinking of it. See? We're all geniuses. But then, if the monsters are underground or in a basement, it gives us the opportunity for a minidungeon, which are oh so sweet. Maybe we can somehow combine the two with a locked basement or something.

Posted

I added some of the ideas to the wiki. Also, check the Recent Changes page for some more new stuff.

Posted

Even more genius. The apartment could be built on the remains of an old dungeon which you can beat by going back in time, so it's near-harmless-but-still-dangerous in the present but really-dangerous-zomg-help in the past, kind of like Maku Path in OoA. There would still be a monster in the present, but it only shows up when you beat the dungeon in the past, thus effecting the present state of the dungeon.

It would also take not-as-much-time to finish since we could just recycle the old dungeon but make it not so shiny.

Incidentally, do we want traditional pushing for blocks, (You push once it moves over 16 pixels) or push-by-how-long-you-push pushing?

Sahaqie

Posted

Traditional pushing.

Posted (edited)

Hai, I can halp?

Programming plox.

kthx

Oh, bee tee double you, I have the PRO version of Game Maker.

:3

Edited by paddy (see edit history)