Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Link to the Past for Wii - Returning to the Past

115 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Y. Link Addict' post='160699' date='Aug 8 2008, 03:47 PM']Who pays attention to the water for long enough to know it cel-shading, and, appearntly, I can play any game with cel-shaded parts in it, as long as the whole game it's self is not cel-shaded.

Examples: WW, SMS, SMG.

I guess that's why I could play TP... That or I just really didn't pay attention to the iner graphics to notice it was cel-shaded.[/quote]

Those three games are all cel-shaded. And what if he didn't need to look at the water for a long time, maybe he just noticed it while playing? It's not that hard when you're smart.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='160740' date='Aug 8 2008, 06:11 PM']Those three games are all cel-shaded. And what if he didn't need to look at the water for a long time, maybe he just noticed it while playing? It's not that hard when you're smart.[/quote]
I know those were the examples of games I can't play because of cel-shading.

I'm smart. I was smart enough not to look at the water to prevent headaches.

Posted

Ever try taking an aspirin and getting heavily tinted sunglasses? The graphics aren't really bright. This text is a brighter shade than about everything in WW.

Anyways, I could say a million things about how this isn't real, but I will choose not to. The possibility is very real, although I'd rather Nintendo focus on making the new installation instead of worrying about remaking a game for the nth time. Ocarina of Time's been ported to death, and the timeline has so many flaws. We also have a bunch of unsolved things regarding the Zelda series in general. Focus on making a good game with a plot that makes sense, (Zelda: "Light and dark are like sides of a coin" <-- Rofl, I've never seen a single coin in Hyrule in my entire life.) and making it discreetly so the fans who aren't patient don't go, "OH LOL MAKE IT IN AN UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME SO IT'S RUSHED AND MAKE IT SO YOU LEAVE OUT EVERYTHING THAT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA IN THE FIST PLACE AND MAKE IT SHORTER THAN YOU SAID IT WOULD BE AND MAKE IT DISAPPOINTING AND ALSO SACRIFICE GOOD GAMEPLAY AND REPLAY ABILITY FOR GRAPHICS SO IT LOOKS COOL EVEN THOUGH MOST PEOPLE WILL GET BORED AND GIVE UP ON THE WATER TEMPLE."
The people that hype the game out of their minds...
Those people kill my dreams, yanno'? :'<
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='160812' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:17 PM']Ever try taking an aspirin and getting heavily tinted sunglasses? The graphics aren't really bright. This text is a brighter shade than about everything in WW.

Anyways, I could say a million things about how this isn't real, but I will choose not to. The possibility is very real, although I'd rather Nintendo focus on making the new installation instead of worrying about remaking a game for the nth time. Ocarina of Time's been ported to death, and the timeline has so many flaws. We also have a bunch of unsolved things regarding the Zelda series in general. Focus on making a good game with a plot that makes sense, (Zelda: "Light and dark are like sides of a coin" <-- Rofl, I've never seen a single coin in Hyrule in my entire life.) and making it discreetly so the fans who aren't patient don't go, "OH LOL MAKE IT IN AN UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME SO IT'S RUSHED AND MAKE IT SO YOU LEAVE OUT EVERYTHING THAT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA IN THE FIST PLACE AND MAKE IT SHORTER THAN YOU SAID IT WOULD BE AND MAKE IT DISAPPOINTING AND ALSO SACRIFICE GOOD GAMEPLAY AND REPLAY ABILITY FOR GRAPHICS SO IT LOOKS COOL EVEN THOUGH MOST PEOPLE WILL GET BORED AND GIVE UP ON THE WATER TEMPLE."
The people that hype the game out of their minds...
Those people kill my dreams, yanno'? :'<
Sahaqiel[/quote]
Nah. I beat it. What more do you want get three full files?

I beat the Water Temple in about 2 hours the other day. Oh wait, are you talking about OoT, or TP. I'm talking about OoT.

Posted

I'm talking about TP, which was a disappointment for the ULTRA HARDCORE ZELDA FANS WHO DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE CALL THEM ZELDA FREAKS.
And I'm saying if you want to play cel-shaded games, try taking an aspirin and getting heavily tinted sunglasses to reduce the brightness and your likeliness for a headache.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='160819' date='Aug 8 2008, 08:56 PM']I'm talking about TP, which was a disappointment for the ULTRA HARDCORE ZELDA FANS WHO DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE CALL THEM ZELDA FREAKS.
And I'm saying if you want to play cel-shaded games, try taking an aspirin and getting heavily tinted sunglasses to reduce the brightness and your likeliness for a headache.
Sahaqiel[/quote]
Oh well I beat that temple in about 4 hours.

I don't need to anymore because i've beaten WW. :) Yay for accomplishment.

Posted

Nevermind... I don't forgive you.
But anyways, yeh.
Check Psychosis' YouTube account videos.
That's all I'm saying.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='160914' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:54 PM']Nevermind... I don't forgive you.
But anyways, yeh.
Check Psychosis' YouTube account videos.
That's all I'm saying.
Sahaqiel[/quote]
Fine i'll do that next time I go to my grandparents' house.

Posted

I'd just like to interrupt you two's discussion -again- for this point and/or question that was brought up a long time ago -again-.

Isn't Midna cel-shaded? I know that her hair used to be.

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='160928' date='Aug 9 2008, 01:01 AM']I'd just like to interrupt you two's discussion -again- for this point and/or question that was brought up a long time ago -again-.

Isn't Midna cel-shaded? I know that her hair used to be.[/quote]
I don't know never payed attention to Midna. All I know is she laughs annoyingly, and I turned off the sound. Take that midna!