Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Link to the Past for Wii - Returning to the Past

115 posts in this topic

Posted

um this topic is not about weather it is stupid to hate stuff for its cell shading (witch is wat?) n e way lets get back on topic

although i dont like ww cause im stuck...

Posted

... Any good reviewer knows that a game is not bad just because it's hard.
And cel-shading is the kind of art style that makes it so there isn't a lot of shading put in the environment.

For instance, Link's hat is green, right? Well, the darker part of his hat is a slightly darker shade of green. But there wasn't a lot of regular shading going on. There are only two shades in Link's hat-- green and slightly darker green. While in a regularly shaded game, there would be too many shades transitioning from green to the darker green to name. Wind Waker seems like a cartoon/anime because it is cel-shaded.

Cel-shading is effective for making very awesome environments. Wind Waker pulled it off nicely.
But there are haters of cel-shading in Zelda games(Young Link Addict), despite only one game being cel-shaded. Phantom Hourglass wasn't cel-shaded, but he still hates it. He just has a bias against Wind Waker. That's literally about his only reason for hating PH he's named so far, despite not admitting it.
But there's proof.
All.
Over.
His posts.

Anyways. Cel-shaded LttP. *Thumbs up*

Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='160345' date='Aug 7 2008, 01:50 AM']The Stallord fight in [i]Twilight Princess[/i] made me dizzy, but I still finished it.[/quote]

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Actually, don't answer, that was rheotorical

@Saha's last comment (first bit)

Try telling the people who review Mario Kart that...

Also, we established this was a fake a while ago YLA, we said it was cel-shaded to keep you quiet...

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='160439' date='Aug 7 2008, 05:12 AM']I'm sorry, WHAT?

Actually, don't answer, that was rheotorical

@Saha's last comment (first bit)

Try telling the people who review Mario Kart that...

Also, we established this was a fake a while ago YLA, [b]we said it was cel-shaded to keep you quiet...[/b][/quote]

Rofl.
Why would this keep YLA quiet?
Sahaqiel

Posted

We could create a rules of hyrule.net

#1: Dustin is the overlord
#2: Unless the post yourself thread is full of lies, hyrule.net does actually have girls on it
#3: YLA will believe the first thing you tell him
#4: If you tell him the opposite, he won't believe you
#5: YLA does not like cel-shading in any shape or form, unless he does not know it's cel-shaded
#6: Enter the Chat Room at your own risk
#7: Django will never truly be gone :hiding:

Posted

Lol, Gingerlink.

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='160264' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:34 AM']An [i]A Link to the Past[/i] would do well to go cel-shaded, actually. I can't imagine a realistic, older, muscled up Link with pink hair. XD[/quote]

I have an awesome picture of cel-shaded Link to the Past Link, I'm gonna try to find it. I'd like to see the one Joshizzle mentioned though.

[quote name='Y. Link Addict' post='160329' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:45 PM']Really? I'm sure it gives alot of people headaches.

That makes perfect since. If I hate Link from WW, and WW Link is the same Link in PH then it only makes since that I hate PH.[/quote]

THEN, YLA, your argument does not make sense, because a Cel-Shaded LttP Link would [i]not[/i] be TWW Link. Someone entirely different.

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='160345' date='Aug 6 2008, 05:50 PM']So? The camera angles in [i]Kingdom Hearts[/i] gave me headaches, but I still played it. The Stallord fight in [i]Twilight Princess[/i] made me dizzy, but I still finished it.

Cel-shading is one of the best techniques video game developers can use, and when done right, it looks absolutely gorgeous. A list of games to use cel-shading are

[i]The Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
Okami[/i]
the [i]Bleach[/i] video games
the [i]Dance Dance Revolution[/i] games
the [i]Naruto[/i] games
[i]Dragon Quest IX
Eternal Sonata
No More Heroes
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy[/i]

And how funny that most of them are revered as some of the best of their kind, and that [i]The Wind Waker[/i] is rated by most as one of the best in the [i]Zelda[/i] series.

[i]Avatar[/i] uses cel-shading. [i]The Fairly Odd-Parents[/i] uses cel-shading too. So do [i]Kim Possible[/i], [i]Futurama[/i], [i]Invader Zim[/i], and [i]The Simpsons[/i]. I hope the next [i]Zelda[/i] title uses cel-shading extensively, just to piss you off.[/quote]

The new Prince of Persia isn't out yet, but it should be on that list. That game has the most beautiful cel-shading that I've ever seen. Tis' amazing.

Posted

Wow. Link sure has some long arms in that picture.

Posted

Reminds me of Donkey Kong. XD And Merchant, I can't imagine any cel-shaded game looking more beautiful than [i]The Wind Waker[/i] and [i]Okami[/i].

Posted

Look I give up. I can't help the fact that I have a curse that makes cel-shaded graphics give me headaches. I tried to conquer it, but I can't. I try to stop cel-shading by complaing, and give terrible arguements on it, and... :cry: Nevermind. I won't tell you how I like WW due the graphics, and I can't play it for that reason... and I won't tell you that I do like PH. And if I hate WW Link then wouldn't be the same for hating PH Link when they're the same Link? And I wasn't complaining about the graphics untill you told me that the game was cel-shaded so you started the argument by telling me this... Besides I can't watch youtube on this computer so I have to belive it untill there is non video proof.

And I guess I'm sorry for being an arrogant, ignorant, and what ever you feel I was, SOB...

Posted

[quote]Look I give up. I can't help the fact that I have a curse that makes cel-shaded graphics give me headaches. I tried to conquer it, but I can't. I try to stop cel-shading by complaing, and give terrible arguements on it, and... T_T.gif Nevermind. I won't tell you how I like WW due the graphics, and I can't play it for that reason... and I won't tell you that I do like PH. And if I hate WW Link then wouldn't be the same for hating PH Link when they're the same Link? And I wasn't complaining about the graphics untill you told me that the game was cel-shaded so you started the argument by telling me this... Besides I can't watch youtube on this computer so I have to belive it untill there is non video proof.

And I guess I'm sorry for being an arrogant, ignorant, and what ever you feel I was, SOB...[/quote]

It's alright. I forgive you.
And actually, you seemed to complain quite a bit about WW Link and WW's shading before we started this argument...

BUT IT'S FINE.
WE'RE ALL OK.
THE SCOREBOARD IS CLEAR.
Etc.
Sahaqiel

Posted

And So Peace Reighns In Hyrule

The End

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='160463' date='Aug 7 2008, 10:53 AM']We could create a rules of hyrule.net

#1: Dustin is the overlord
#2: Unless the post yourself thread is full of lies, [b]hyrule.net does actually have girls on it[/b]
#3: [b]YLA will believe the first thing you tell him[/b]
#4: If you tell him the opposite, he won't believe you
#5: YLA does not like cel-shading in any shape or form, [b]unless he does not know it's cel-shaded[/b]
#6: Enter the Chat Room at your own risk
#7: Django will never truly be gone :hiding:[/quote]

They're just men dressing up as women with pretty nail-polish.
oollololool There's a new Zelda game coming out on the NES! They're making old games again, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!
ololololol "Twilight Princess is cel-shaded, but it's just not as noticable, but you can see it clearly in the water." "Well, it's just in the water." No, it's the whole game. >:(

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='160478' date='Aug 7 2008, 10:54 AM']Reminds me of Donkey Kong. XD And Merchant, I can't imagine any cel-shaded game looking more beautiful than [i]The Wind Waker[/i] and [i]Okami[/i].[/quote]

Lol. You should really look up some screenshots or a video. It all looks like concept art.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='160539' date='Aug 7 2008, 07:19 PM']They're just men dressing up as women with pretty nail-polish.
oollololool There's a new Zelda game coming out on the NES! They're making old games again, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!
ololololol "Twilight Princess is cel-shaded, but it's just not as noticable, but you can see it clearly in the water." "Well, it's just in the water." No, it's the whole game. >:([/quote]
Who pays attention to the water for long enough to know it cel-shading, and, appearntly, I can play any game with cel-shaded parts in it, as long as the whole game it's self is not cel-shaded.

Examples: WW, SMS, SMG.

I guess that's why I could play TP... That or I just really didn't pay attention to the iner graphics to notice it was cel-shaded.

Posted

Ooh this looks awesome!!! :joy:
I've never played the original ALttP, but it sounds interesting! I loved the music in the trailer. So eerie and awesome. xD ^^ :wacko:

Then again... when have their been many trailers which have Nintendo logos on them? They usually just put the Wii logos...
Dang. It's probably fake. -_- Oh well.