Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iwata: Wii 2 is "under development"

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd be more than happy with another Wii (motion controlls and all of that) with perhaps better motion sensing, better online, more buttons with a better lay-out, more memory, and improved graphics. Maybe a start-up movie too. I can't believe the Wii doesn't have one.

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='159140' date='Jul 30 2008, 04:29 PM']He's talking about a completely new console, [b]like the jump from gamecube to wii.[/b]

It's also a fair way off still. Shigsy's said stuff about it before, that they WILL move into HD for thenext generation as they believe it will be widespread enough by then...

Also, I seriously doubt they'd call it wii, with something added before or after. It will most likely be a compleely different name, although it's hard to predict...[/quote]
About the not bold things good :)

Bold thing:
Nah,
Looking deep into the console...
It is exactly just a update with a other menu and other controller support ... and wifi...
The wii used the same way of coding for a mod chip.... so in a month there was already a mod chip...
None really new things...
It even still includes a gamecube menu in the wii...
If you call a specific app in the wii up it will run the gamecube menu 100% even Z hold button trick...
I forgive that nintendo since... this was the first time for Nintendo to release a 2 in 1 home console... (not 3rd party things on snes or n64 that run older consoles (nes, snes) I talk about NOR gameboy stuff only home consoles official)

It used many of the same gamecube...
Just much added and small edits...
I hope for Nintendo (and the gamers) that they release a 100% new console... higly next gen!

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='159077' date='Jul 30 2008, 11:34 AM']Wii's graphical ability lies somewhere between Xbox and the 360.[/quote]

Xbox Wii 360 the next gen console.

Posted

This is so far out there.. We will be seeing major details about the new Zelda Wii game before we see any details on this next gen console.

Posted

It's always nice to hear that a new console is being developed, but I haven't had my Wii for even a year yet and after pouring so much money into it I'd hoped that it would be current longer I guess...

Posted

I don't know why everyone has SUCH high expectations for Nintendo's next console. Why does the console have to be innovative? The GC wasn't innovative at all, but it turned out great because of all the good GAMES they developed. I think that Nintendo should be focusing on making good games, not this stupid balance board crap. Innovative games are more important than an innovative console. You could have a block with a single button on it for a controller and still make a good game. It may not be an innovative or complicated game but that doesn't mean it's not fun. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Wiimote, but very few games have found a way to use it successfully.

Posted

Well, one thing's for sure.
It better have better online play. >(
Sahaqiel

Posted

The thing is, Nintendo wouldn't have done anywhere near as well this generation if they didn't innovate. You may have thought the gamecube was good, but the wii's already sold one and a half times what the gamecube sold in it's entire lifespan.

Nintendo know that they need to come up with something to keep this going, it's just from guesses Iwata has heard about this, he may think that those guesses are going a bit far.

Posted

Shoot! It took me so long to get my parents to get a Wii, but now? Geez.

Posted

It's too early to say anything, but the term "box" kinda' made me twitch inside.
And I mean, if they do something somehow possibly more revolutionary than the Wii, then what will happen to backwards compatibility?
I only have a few things to say...
It better have GOOD online play, possibly ditching those awful Friend Codes...
It better not be a bland box.
It better be different in a good way. (Like the Wii. :O)
It better not have so many losable pieces like the DS and Wii.
It better let me send my Virtual Console games over to it.
Sahaqiel