Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

mystery of link's awakening

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Roflroflrofl.

We were just joking.

But yeah, you said you wouldn't play FSA because of its toon style.

Which doesn't really make any sense, because it doesn't effect the gameplay at all.

But whatever...

Sahaqiel

Well that wouldn't really matter anymore because it 1P adventure get boring after you beat it once. I just want to play with my friend, but I can't find a GBA connecter.

Posted

Interesting how every topic gets derailed by you two arguing. Knock it off.

Link's Awakening is fairly simple. Koholint Island was the Wind Fish's Dream, but because of the Wind Fish's magic, the dream substantiated in the real world. When the Wind Fish awoke, its dream ended and Koholint vanished, but Marin managed to stay in existence as a seagull because of the strength of her spirit.

Phantom Hourglass was obviously not a dream. It's made abundantly clear that it's a parallel world entered via the Ghost Ship.

Termina exists in an alternate world from Hyrule. If Link falling down the rabbit hole in the beginning isn't proof enough for you of that, you're being intentionally obtuse, but it's been stated many times in all sorts of media that it is a parallel world. Nothing can make it otherwise. Give up.

Posted

Link's Awakening is fairly simple. Koholint Island was the Wind Fish's Dream, but because of the Wind Fish's magic, the dream substantiated in the real world. When the Wind Fish awoke, its dream ended and Koholint vanished, but Marin managed to stay in existence as a seagull because of the strength of her spirit.

Phantom Hourglass was obviously not a dream. It's made abundantly clear that it's a parallel world entered via the Ghost Ship.

Termina exists in an alternate world from Hyrule. If Link falling down the rabbit hole in the beginning isn't proof enough for you of that, you're being intentionally obtuse, but it's been stated many times in all sorts of media that it is a parallel world. Nothing can make it otherwise. Give up.

I made this theory about this and made this paragraph about it.

In the legend that Anju's Grandmother read to Link, it said that there was a little imp, AKA skull kid, who were friends with the Giants. The Giants left, and he caused trouble. With his acts the Giants banished him from Termina. As he left though the clock tower he got up the huge hole, and found the lost woods. He soon made friends with Saria, and played her song untill Young Link came along with the Skull Mask. After 7 years when Teen Link found him he left. This part is hard I don't if this has something to do with it, but after he beat Ganondorf he left Hyrule when link returned to the past he found the Happymask salesman, and stole Majora's mask, and he roamed the forest untill Link came along, and then Link saved the day. Another thing of this theory is at the end Skull Kid said you smell like that kid from the forest.

Tell me then, how did the skull kid get from termina to hyrule, and back to hyrule.

Then here's something else about it.

If Termina is an alternate Universe, then how did Tingle come back?

See? Tingle came back in FSA, and WW.

Posted

Lost Woods. Is it really that hard? I mean, people could visit Subrosia through portals in the ground, so why should the Lost Woods be counted out? The Ghost Ship was a terminal to the Ocean King's seas.

"See? Tingle came back in FSA, and WW."

He was also in Libryanna in OoA.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Lost Woods. Is it really that hard? I mean, people could visit Subrosia through portals in the ground, so why should the Lost Woods be counted out? The Ghost Ship was a terminal to the Ocean King's seas.

"See? Tingle came back in FSA, and WW."

He was also in Libryanna in OoA.

Sahaqiel

I haven't played OoA, or OoS yet.

Posted

They got around the same exact way Link traveled there. =l

So...Koholint wasn't real, but the Wind Fish was.

I'm pretty sure PH's world was real, evidenced by

LIHNEBREHK'S SHRIHP.

Also, the pirates say something about these being "the seas of the Ocean King" or something, way at the beginning.

Roflroflrofl.

We were just joking.

But yeah, you said you wouldn't play FSA because of its toon style.

Which doesn't really make any sense, because it doesn't effect the gameplay at all.

But whatever...

Sahaqiel

You mean "affect".

I CORRECTED SAHAQIEL.

GRAMMATICALLY.

Posted

Yeah, PH Link also

brings the Phantom Hourglass back, though its empty.

A goron in Termina mentions something about the Rock Sirloins of Dodongo Cavern. So if its a alternate world then it must not be too difficult to travel between the two.

Posted

Yeah, PH Link also

brings the Phantom Hourglass back, though its empty.

A goron in Termina mentions something about the Rock Sirloins of Dodongo Cavern. So if its a alternate world then it must not be too difficult to travel between the two.

What goron. I didn't talk to them all.

How is a goron gonna get up that big gap anyway? How did skullkid? How did Tingle? Why won't they tell us?

What's the point of the deku at the begining, and why was it there. How did the bulters son even leave the swamp, and why?

Why won't nintendo awnser these questions?

Posted

Way to go, Ganny. xD;

YLA, Skull Kid is the White Rabbit. The rabbit comes out of the hole, and beckons Alice in, in much the same way the Skull Kid causes Link's entry into Termina. Tingle isn't the same Tingle in other games; just like there are multiple Links, there are at least three Tingles.

Posted

Way to go, Ganny. xD;

YLA, Skull Kid is the White Rabbit. The rabbit comes out of the hole, and beckons Alice in, in much the same way the Skull Kid causes Link's entry into Termina. Tingle isn't the same Tingle in other games; just like there are multiple Links, there are at least three Tingles.

Why are you comparing Skull Kid to a rabbit? Oh yeah that Alice book/ movie right?

There's more than one Tingle? Tingle is in MM, OoA, FSA, and he has his own game. That's all 3 Tingles?

Posted

Why are you comparing Skull Kid to a rabbit? Oh yeah that Alice book/ movie right?

There's more than one Tingle? Tingle is in MM, OoA, FSA, and he has his own game. That's all 3 Tingles?

Yes, "that Alice book". You are really slow, you know that? That story is the entire basis of Majora's Mask. Read it, learn it, know it.

The Tingle in MM is one Tingle. The Tingle in WW is another. Even if all the other games besides those two contain the same Tingle, that makes three. I would guess, though, it's more like the same number of Tingles as there are Links.

Posted

Isn't the non-Disney Alice in Wonderland story about a depressed girl experimenting with drugs?

Posted

Roflroflroflroflrofl.

Alice in Wonderland was written by a guy who was on LSD.

Roflroflroflroflrofl.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Roflroflroflroflrofl.

The writer of Alice in Wonderland was written by a guy who was on LSD.

Roflroflroflroflrofl.

Sahaqiel

OOH! OOH!

Don't you mean:

"The writer of Alice in Wonderland was on LSD."

or

"Alice in Wonderland was written by a guy who was on LSD."

Not both!

I CORRECTED THE SAHAQIEL TOO! PROUD DAY!

Posted

Hell: frozen over. Population: ice.