Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

plz help!!

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Well it seems to me, DL, that the nice guys tend to do exactly what Car girl said, they become a best friend and somone that most girls lok over when looking for prospective dates. Don't get me wrong, I agree *mostly* with what catgirl says, it is good to bethere for her, and for he to trust you and be comfortable with you, but you have to be aggresive enogh in your couring that she knows you have interest in more than a friendship. These @sshole guys just go straight up, are confident and pronounce their intentions, so it's easy for a girl to fall into he trap of this usually good looking guy who is uber confident but also a prick. The same girl that will later run to you, the one who really likes her, after that asshole does something incredibly stupid. So yes, e her friend, be comfortable, but also be upfront, confident, outgoing, and make yourself known, without being an asshole. Unless you are an @sshole, in which case, stop it, @sshole.

Posted

heh you hit the nail on the head with my problem/situation right there...

too many times in the past i've wound up becoming real close friends with a girl i'm courting, and it's more than likely because i try too hard to be there for a girl and wind up being the shoulder to cry on, and then overlooked when the next @$$hole comes to call. my main problem is that it's hard for me to be there supportively AND use a little aggression when showing i want to be more than just friends... so how do you successfully do this without coming off as a @$$hole/close friend hybrid? :(

Posted

Well, to be honest, I had a lot of help with it, being raised to be a gentlemen, and wth being a dancer, i got to be good friends with a lot of girls. I used to have the same problem, and eventually learned tht there are ways to be outgoing, and be a friend wen courting a girl. Firstly, you ned to be there for them, get to know them a bit, like you would anyone. Then start to be a bit more forthcoming, ask her out on a date before that @sshole comes along. If that's already happened, do not try and push yourself on her while she is with the phucksick, just jang back, be a friend, but don't spend all your time on her, and remember there are other fish in the sea. Still be her friend through it all, be there for her when he does something stupid, and show her your afffection. Then try again after she has recouped and is ready to date again.

Like what i did with my GF, she is a diver and I am a lifeguard at the same facility, so I always saw her aross the pool deck on an almost daily basis, we start to talk, and we become friends, phone calls, im'ing eachother, hanging out with other friends as a group. But bfore I was put into that friend zone, I asked her out to lunch, and was a gentleman, holdng doors, bought for her, joked, Had a picnic in the park actually, good times. Warning though, many girls now do not like having the doors held and opened, learn what they like, it's what friend time is for. After that, i was more aggresive in the pursuing a relaionship side, going out with just eachother more often. We never actually did the whole, "hey will you go out with me?" thing, it just kind happened. So what you should take from that is to get your foot inthe door without being a phuckstick, and then be more aggresive when you do, not an @sshole, but actively pursue it.

all for now, i think i'm becoming incoherent.

Posted

nah I think your words made sense. might actually help a poor shlob like me find somebody :P

and i gotta say, nice touch on the "friend zone" crack. Good Luck Chuck FTW :P

Posted

Actually never sen the movie, it's tossed around quite a bit by my group of friends, been around for a while, at least eight years for me now. But good luck to you in your endeavors. If .there's anythig I can do to help, just shoot me a pm.

Posted

I've never had problems talking to girls. My first best friend was a girl. Every school year, I've had more girl friends than guys. Even on online accounts like Facebook and MySpace, if you flip through my friends lists you'll find almost all of them are girls. My phonebook in my cell phone is made up primarily of girls' numbers... Admittedly, the trouble that most guys say they have with talking to girls, I have with talking to guys.

Because I'm friends with so many girls, guys ask me to hook them up with one they like because most likely, I'm already friends with her. Guys (and sometimes even my parents and my brother) think I'm a player or something because every time they see me, I'm walking around with a different girl and we act as if we're together.

I've always thought that aspect of my life is pretty funny.

Posted

I'd go with CG's advice. But don't become too good friends. Just enough to be friends but not enough to be best friends. If you ask her out and shes your best friend, that would be like asking your cousin out. Gross... but anyway try that. Be friends but distance yourself, Then when you feel things are just right, get closer. But not too fast, and not too much. just enough so she thinks about you. If you're lucky she'll start to like you. Then you can move in for your prize.

Posted

WOW great advise bieng playing zelda i'm a good guy i think zelda is doing this oot to be a name i grow up doing wat ever any body said and in the end i turned to be the good guy...

the untouch ables at the start of the year i went and said hi (hated for a week) that does'nt work she is'nt bimbo but she has all of them around her

btw thnx dork link ur 1 of the best and all of u just post any ideas

Posted

by untouch ables i mean the bimbos

Posted

yeah just stay clear of the bimbos... those are the ones that don't notice the nice guys and settle on the @$$holes. i pity them sometimes because once they find out that @$$holes aren't what they want, it's too late to go after all the nice guys cuz they're all gone/taken. then they're stuck settling on the @$$holes. haw haw!

you can do much better than them, trust me :)

Posted

Cat Girl's advice definitely. Don't ask me for advice though.

I'm useless...

At giving advice.

Posted

Is she a freshy? If she is, that first night's gonna be awkward for both of ya! :woot: