Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy the DSi?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

QUOTE (Twili @ Oct 13 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Nintendo will soon drop the DS platform as a whole in favour of a new handheld.
The new updates, the DS store in particular, are the source of my concerns.

Indeed, I can agree with that :)

Well I buyed a DS lite this year or past year...
And... I really need to see it before I think I should or shouldn't buy it...

And it mostly means a news "hand held" is coming (see quote)

I don't see a reason why I should buy a DSi with my Homebrew :P And I can spend my money in better things ;) (if you already have a Lite)

Posted

nah, i don't have money to spend on ds.

Posted

My question is:

Can it play video as well as music? if so then I'll probably buy one.

Posted

im most definitely getting one hands down. it will bug me if i don't have it

Posted

I'm conflicted because I have a special edition zelda gold dslite... but the new DSi looks cool

Posted

I did never uppgrade my DS phat to ds lite becuse the only diffrent were that it was smaller and more light but now its time to upgrade(my ds phat battery time is like 3h :cry: )

Posted

yeah, i'll probably end up getting one

Posted

Pokefan is now tottally obsessed with DSi and Fable II

Posted

Not when it comes out, no.
I think I'll be sticking with my Gold Zelda DS Lite for awhile now. :3

Posted

Not really ^^; alreayd plan to buy a semi-proffeisonal camera, and I have an MP3, and a Ds, so it would beat the purpose. I'm happy with my dslite ^^ but the DSi is neat.

Posted

QUOTE (Gingerlink @ Oct 13 2008, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Ganny
It costs the usual DS price, I expect the DS lite to drop about $20 when it comes out as well

Actually, I've read all over the place today that it will cost $179 at launch.

Also, turns out it will have two cameras. One on the back of the top screen for general picture-taking, I'd assume, and one on the hinge, facing the player- for taking pictures of yourself, I'd assume. But this also opens up a new realm of possibilities if you look at this second camera as a webcam-esque venture: maybe a video chat sort of program could be downloaded using the points system (which will also be incorporated into the DSi, though the points cannot be exchanged with Wii Points). I also read that the camera will have a fun little thing that compared pictures of two people and tells you how alike the two look, along with multiple picture-editing options that'd seem logical.

I think I'll but it. '~'

Posted

QUOTE (Jared! @ Oct 13 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My question is:

Can it play video as well as music? if so then I'll probably buy one.

If you have a DS Path / DS Lite already you don't have to spend money on a whole new DSi...
With Homebrew you can run it :)
Buy a flash card like Cylo Ds Evo ;)
R4 stopped production their product(gladly those unsupport giving flash card sellers >.>)
And if you see one... it properly bricks you DS... so don't buy a R4!

Cyclo DS Evo have much more support + much options and such for one Flash card :)

QUOTE (Saria_Kokiri @ Oct 14 2008, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not when it comes out, no.
I think I'll be sticking with my Gold Zelda DS Lite for awhile now. :3

You can buy a Case of it and replace it with your color DS case (much cheaper)
25 Euro (You need to open your DS...)

-----
Ok I stop about that right now :P
-----

I want to buy the "NEW" Console coming soon ;)
Like "Wii 2" or the new hand held properly coming soon... ? ;) (already have a cDS Lite with movie/MP3 player)(Hombrew)(Emulator's) :P Only no cam... but I have a cellphone with one... if really needed...

Posted

I think I'll wait to get one; waiting for a new Zelda game to hit the DS (they'd be foolish not to make another one, PH was AWESOME). I'm not sure of all the details, but can you still play DS games on a DSi? Or will they make games that'll only be playable on the DSi and not the older DS'? (Phat, Lite). If that's the case and a new Zelda hits the DSi, then I'll probably buy one... although I've had a Phat since the Mario Kart DS bundle came out, maybe it IS time for an upgrade...

Posted

QUOTE (Gingerlink @ Oct 13 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, the camera is pretty weak at 0.3 Mega Pixels, if it equalled the one on my phone I'd be tempted, but I don't think I'd use it much.

The camera you are talking about is the inside camera (probably for future videochat :huh: )
On the outside there is a 3MP camera witch is pretty reasonable.
But I'm not gonna buy one, just because I don't have the money to buy this, a ipod touch, a new pc, a personal wii-tv, a Mercedes, ...

Posted

QUOTE (Ganondorf333 @ Oct 13 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I've read all over the place today that it will cost $179 at launch.

The DS Lite costs $30 less in the US than it does in Japan. Since the DSi's launch price in Japan will be about $180, I project that it will be about $150, maybe more, in the US.

QUOTE (Armar @ Oct 14 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The camera you are talking about is the inside camera (probably for future videochat :huh: )
On the outside there is a 3MP camera witch is pretty reasonable.
But I'm not gonna buy one, just because I don't have the money to buy this, a ipod touch, a new pc, a personal wii-tv, a Mercedes, ...

Unfortunately, Nintendo has said the outer camera will only be .3MP, which isn't that bad when you consider the fact that each DS screen is about .05MP; and if the camera feed is run through a psuedo-HD filter, the pictures could actually look pretty good.