CD - i Link VS The Animated series Link

28 posts in this topic

Posted

So then, who do you find funnier? I find CD - i Link to be funnier than The animated series Link. You?

Posted

WELL, EXCUSE ME, PRINCESS.

Posted

Exactly. Animated Link wins.

Posted

I'M SO HUNGRY, I COULD EAT AN OCTOROK.

Posted

Yeah, those two phrases are legendary.

But there's also

I CAN'T WAIT TO BOMB SOME DODONGOS.

In the end, I have to say CD-i Link was the most awful, given the knowledge I have.

I've only seen fractions of some of the animated series one though.

Sahaqiel

Posted

They're both beautiful.

Posted

I've watched all of the cartoon, so I'd have to say Animated Series Link. He had more of a personality. >:(

Best T.V. show ever. Watched it all in one sitting.

Posted

ugh I can't tell which is worse. Why nintendo licensed the show and let them use zelda for the CD-i i'll never know

Posted

CD-i Link is a bigger moron, but animated Link has the advantage of being a pervert.

I pick CD-i Link just because of his awful voice, lines, and body movements he goes through when he's talking.

I'm so hungry, I could eat an OC-TO-ROK.

Posted

Animated Link. WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!

Posted

CD-i Link: I Won!

Posted

Animated, yo.

SAVED YOU AGAIN, PRINCESS! KISS ME.

Posted (edited)

ugh I can't tell which is worse. Why nintendo licensed the show and let them use zelda for the CD-i i'll never know

Uh oh I feel a monologue coming on...

Well I dont know why Nintendo licensed the show, but the cd-i games I know all about,

n 1989, Nintendo signed a deal with Sony to begin development of a CD-ROM-based system known as the "Nintendo Playstation" or the SNES CD to be an

add-on to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System that would allow for FMV and larger games. But Nintendo broke the agreement and instead signed with

Philips to make the add-on, which caused Sony to spin off their add on into its own console called the PlayStation. Witnessing the poor reception of the Sega

Mega-CD, Nintendo stopped making an add-on entirely. As part of dissolving the agreement with Philips, Nintendo gave them the license to use five

of their characters, including Link, Princess Zelda, and Ganon, for games on Philips's console called the CD-i, after the partnership's "break up".

So ya, that was a Nintendo Lose-Lose, a Sony win, and well... was it a win, or a loss for Phillips? :embarrassed:

Ok i'm done controlling your thoughts for now... :unsure:

Also so I'm not off topic, animated link, cause I think Philips mocked The Legend of Zelda franchise to get back at Nintendo, so they sucked on purpose, where as the

animated link was just bad script and low budget animation...

That ROCKED! /sarcasm

Edited by Silent One (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Uh oh I feel a monologue coming on...

Well I dont know why Nintendo licensed the show, but the cd-i games I know all about,

n 1989, Nintendo signed a deal with Sony to begin development of a CD-ROM-based system known as the "Nintendo Playstation" or the SNES CD to be an

add-on to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System that would allow for FMV and larger games. But Nintendo broke the agreement and instead signed with

Philips to make the add-on, which caused Sony to spin off their add on into its own console called the PlayStation. Witnessing the poor reception of the Sega

Mega-CD, Nintendo stopped making an add-on entirely. As part of dissolving the agreement with Philips, Nintendo gave them the license to use five

of their characters, including Link, Princess Zelda, and Ganon, for games on Philips's console called the CD-i, after the partnership's "break up".

So ya, that was a Nintendo Lose-Lose, a Sony win, and well... was it a win, or a loss for Phillips? :embarrassed:

Ok i'm done controlling your thoughts for now... :unsure:

Also so I'm not off topic, animated link, cause I think Philips mocked The Legend of Zelda franchise to get back at Nintendo, so they sucked on purpose, where as the

animated link was just bad script and low budget animation...

That ROCKED! /sarcasm

Actually if TLoZ CD-i wouldn't had been released, "Tetra's Trackers" & "Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupee Land" could had been Released.. :cry:

Edited by Jesus_Mario (see edit history)

Posted

"Well EXCUSE ME, Princess!" When I was a kid I found that hilarious. Now I cringe every time it comes on. But for his flaws he's still better than CDi Link.