Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to Vote for President!

79 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll say this again.

America's screwed America's screwed
America's screwed America's screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

How so? Seriously. Give me one concrete, detailed reason.

Posted

QUOTE (Goron Merchant @ Nov 5 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're asking the impossible out of him.

Posted

Well, since YLA can't give a good reason, I will.

I'm a bit uneasy about Obama being president because my dad is going to be taxed more than most people, and I want to know that his money is distributed wisely to hard-working poor people and not just handed out to some undeserving bum.

Posted

My school selling Obama subs they rock

obama over that guy who lost (I will never spell that horrid name)

Posted

The whole taxation thing makes me a bit uneasy. After all, I do hope to get somewhere in this world.

The reason it makes me uneasy is this: it's non-discriminatory. The people that spent twenty years of their life working hard, planning, and making good choices to establish their wealth are going to get taxed just as much as the idiotic Paris Hiltons of the world that didn't do anything to earn their money. That doesn't seem fair. Shouldn't the people that don't work and have never had to work get taxed more than those that deserve what they earned?

Similarly, the low-income family that has both parents working two jobs gets the same benifits as the people that don't have a job and are not trying to get one.

Abortion is another issue, but I won't go into that here.

That said, what is done is done, and we will just have to live with it.

Posted

Young Link Addict.

You do not know that America is screwed, and neither does your school. You might think that, but you don't have future-event-forecasts running behind your eyelids.

Gosh, you're like the sheep in Animal Farm.
Sahaqiel

Posted

QUOTE (shadowknight @ Nov 6 2008, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole taxation thing makes me a bit uneasy. After all, I do hope to get somewhere in this world.

The reason it makes me uneasy is this: it's non-discriminatory.

Like all good things in life, it is non-discriminatory.

Anyway, relax. You will still have enough money to buy up the lease on the yacht.

QUOTE (Knuckle)
I'm a bit uneasy about Obama being president because my dad is going to be taxed more than most people, and I want to know that his money is distributed wisely to hard-working poor people and not just handed out to some undeserving bum.

In all fairness, there are really not a lot of undeserving bums these days. Most bums have their BA.

Posted

True. I suppose I shouldn't let what i see in my town speek for the rest of the country. I't still bothers me a little, but I guess that it helps more than it hurts to tax the rich.

Posted

QUOTE (Goron Merchant @ Nov 5 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's putting a 500% tax on bullets. Some people go hunting for their food, and some people buy food from those people, and the price of meat will go up.

Ok then, tell me why many people here, and all over America is saying this? We know this from what we heard in the elcetion, and what every adult here, and in other parts of the country are saying it. If they say it, it must be true.

Posted

If they say it, it must be true.

HEY, GUYS, EVERYONE SAYS THAT THE WORLD IS FLAT;
IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!

Also, no, everyone all over America is not saying this.
If EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN AMERICA said that Obama was a bad choice, why would he get elected?
Use your brain a bit more, please.
Sahaqiel

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Nov 6 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HEY, GUYS, EVERYONE SAYS THAT THE WORLD IS FLAT;
IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!!!!!

Also, no, everyone all over America is not saying this.
If EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN AMERICA said that Obama was a bad choice, why would he get elected?
Use your brain a bit more, please.
Sahaqiel

That, sir, is proposterous.

I said people around here. No everyone in America.

This is the most power my brain can give off.

Posted

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Nov 7 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok then, tell me why many people here, and all over America is saying this? We know this from what we heard in the elcetion, and what every adult here, and in other parts of the country are saying it. If they say it, it must be true.

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Nov 7 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That, sir, is proposterous.

I said people around here. No everyone in America.

This is the most power my brain can give off.

:huh:

Anyhow, Americans! Obama is still right for the most capitalistic party in Norway (they're not even close to getting the power), and we seem to be doing pretty good in our "communist" state, so you will still be able to hold on to your precious capitalistic values ;)

Even though you got the totally wrong views;

Concerning the Paris Hilton vs Hard Working American thing shadowknight talked about; there are a lot of different taxes, and one of the things I believe should be taxed highest (and which was just raised in Norway) is the heritage-tax. This tax taxes what you heritage so this wouldn't be relative for the hard working American, whilst Paris still has to pay it. Another thing, even though you are a Hard Working American but a member of "the elite" you don't only deserve, but you're absolutely capable of paying income-tax. When you exploit the society for that big amount of money, you should definitively give a tiny percent of it back.

Posted

QUOTE (Aethix @ Nov 4 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sarah Palin is more qualified to be president than Obama is. She's also the only person trying to get in the White House who isn't a flipping millionare.

Looks like Obama won. I weep for the future of this country.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sarah Palin is no more qualified than YOUR MOM!

QUOTE (Knuckle @ Nov 5 2008, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, since YLA can't give a good reason, I will.

Your dad is making more than $250,000 in income every year is A LOT OF MONEY. If he is making that, he shouldn't be complaining about a little more taxes when the poor and homeless don't know where their next meal is going to come from or going bankrupt to pay for healthcare! People need to stop being selfish in this country!

Also, you think that people making $250k/yr are more hard working than some janitor working two jobs to feed this family? The richer people tend to work much much less than the hard working poor.

An example: Do you think your principal works harder than your school janitors cleaning up after messy kids, mopping up puke, cleaning pee off walls, etc? Guess which gets paid a ton and which gets paid almost nothing. How do you define DESERVING money? DESERVING healthcare? Being born into opportunity? Being born into a white middle class family?

If you're white and born into a middle class family, you're set. If you're a minority and/or born into a poorer family, you're going to have a lot less opportunity in this country and to succeed you will have to work much harder and/or get lucky and/or be a genius. This country is far from fair or right. Bums don't sit on the street begging because they think it's fun. Would you give away all your belongings and live on the street because it's "EASY AND LAZY"?? No way.

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Nov 4 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obhama? And what is that supposed to even MEAN?
Sahaqiel

ObHAMa.
Ham.
He wants to eat our president like a pig.

NADER'S GONNA COME UP FROM BEHIND AND WIN THIS ONE GAIZ.