Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wiimote breaks TV screens?!?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Egondraite' post='18675' date='Nov 27 2006, 02:06 AM']speaking of...

[b][u][color="#FF0000"][size=6]ONLY 2 WEEKS UNTIL TWILIGHT PRINCESS FOR GAMECUBE COMES OUT!!!!![/size] [/color][/u][/b] :lol:[/quote]

[size=7] YES!!!!! TWO WEEKS ONLY!!!!!!!

Posted

damn thats just stupid :blink: even if u get 2 excited u dont throw the wii-mote at the tv he mustve bneen on drugs, really tired or ust plain stupid :blink: <_<

Posted

You just have to hold more stronger and keep it always safe. (the remote) That would be okey than I think. :)

But guy's, just be smart. It's wireless so you don't have to keep the Console near you. So you won't break it and the TV too. ;)

Posted

this is entirely true by the way, i've seen the broken tvs and there's even a VIDEO of someone breaking iton youtube ( i can't find it atm but it is there). IGN also have a dent on the wall of their wii room now as well because of the same reason (one of the ad girls did it when playing wii tennis)

Having said that, the people who do this are IDIOTS, if you swing the remote as fast as this and your hands a bit sweaty, of course its gonna come off, im sure you're rather the wrist strap broke than the controller break your wrist as well...there's plenty of health and safety signs, people complain there are too many and then this happens, i can see a lot of lost lawsuits coming...

Posted

Doesn't matter to me. I don't have a Wii yet. ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE GAMECUBE VERSION OF TWILIGHT PRINCESS IS RELEASED!!!!! :D

Posted

They can only make the Wii remote SO safe. They cannot stop idiots misusing the remote, or not handling it properly. But i think genuine accidents will happen with this also, and probably lawsuits will occur as a result of those accidents. Perhaps a recall will be done if they continue to get complaints about breaking wrist bands.

Posted

Reggie or the other guy's didn't break it. I think :unsure: . And you dont have to swing the remote as hard as you can. Just a litle bit. You know that guys. So just be smart and play carryfully with thoe's sweet things. Real Gamers should know that.

But sometime we'll get angry and do something with the remote. But not by throwing it to the TV. That would be stupit. ;)

Posted

Throwing a wiimote at the TV set would be stupid... really stupid. When i get my wii i'll take good care of it. :)

Posted

[quote name='Hylian Wolf' post='18739' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:23 PM']Throwing a wiimote at the TV set would be stupid... really stupid. When i get my wii i'll take good care of it. :)[/quote]

I agree. Thats the SPIRIT :D

There is only:

10 days 12 hours 01 minutes 45 seconds for the Wii Lunch on Iceland (for now) :D

[quote name='ZuZu The Magic Cow' post='18735' date='Nov 27 2006, 10:45 PM']They can only make the Wii remote SO safe. They cannot stop idiots misusing the remote, or not handling it properly. But i think genuine accidents will happen with this also, and probably lawsuits will occur as a result of those accidents. Perhaps a recall will be done if they continue to get complaints about breaking wrist bands.[/quote]

Eru f

Posted

[quote name='Fhqwhgads' post='18676' date='Nov 27 2006, 02:17 AM']TP's gonna SUCK on Cube.[/quote]

I'm sorry.... WHAT THE F--- WAS THAT?!! :angry:

First of all, it was originally a Gamecube title- all they did for you Wiinees was tack on an extra control scheme with an annoying-ass Navi cursor

Second, [u]IT'S THE SAME DAMN GAME YOU RETARD!!!!! [/u] How can it suck when they're both Twilight Princess? The Gamecube version might actually function better, since it was originally made for Gamecube! The only reason Nintendo made TwiPri for Wii was to sell more Wii's- they know that Gamecube sucked the fat one as far as sales went compaired to X-Box and PS2, so they decided to use their ace in the hole for the last gen and turn it into one of the main reasons to get a Wii. <_<

There's nothing that special about the Wii version, so don't go deluding youself into thinking so.

Posted

I'm going to agree with Egondraite on that one, nintendo worked on the zelda game for what? two years? Plus they were always pushing the deadline for its release further back. Also, both versions of the game are completely mirrored from each other as far as we know; but the tatics are the same in both games.

Posted

whoa whoa whoa, thats a statement equal to...idk treason back in the middle ages, theres no possible way TP could suck PERIOD, and after reading the above im actually considering getting it on the GCN and holding off on the wii, well actually whether i get a wii or not depends now on my family and their giving holiday spirit <_< but i have a GCN copy reserved so at least i get to play it

and im glad i read the above reply because that obviously is the only reason nintendo moved it to the wii, i cant help but envy those with wii's cause theyre
1. playing TP [b]RIGHT NOW!![/b]
2. controlling it in a much more fun/challenging/unique way
3. they're not playing a mirrored version of TP like us GCN peeps will (maybe that doesnt bother some but it drives me INSANE! to think about that!) idk why though lol its jus a stupid idea in my opinion!
So really twilight princess wouldn't exist on the wii if it werent for the timing, and these fake ''wars'' between sony, nintendo, and microsoft, but it is a good business decision, but as far as the quality of the games go, were talking about NINTENDO, they wouldnt release a game that they were suspicious of a possible ability to ''suck'' they wouldnt put out TP on the gamecube if it sucked, so really that can't be said lol, compared to the wii version, yes i would surrender to the manipulation and get it on the wii, what can i say, sometimes im a sucker to the ''console wars''

but its just a smooth business decision made to do the obvious, get more ppl buying the wii and now it shows, cause wii is selling bettter than ps3, which i LOVE!!! lol (i hate sony if u havent noticed) :D

Posted

I just want to share with you my point.

1. I thing Wii version is better. They almost finished the GC version on E3 last 2005. And since they have been moving the game onto Wii version. Thats Great. :D

2. The version is likely more fun. You know slashing around you, shooting arrow and FISHING. They are getting more money for Wii version because Zelda is one of there lunch title. Thats very Great. :D :D

3. They have recommended for the Wii version. In gamespot review, he said after playing Twilight Princess on Wii, he is not going (or not yet) to play the other controller after that. Pretty intresting :)

4. The Wii is the NEXT GEN. Of course they are making the games better than the GC. But the Twilight Princess is the same story and same game on the both versions. Okey for now ;)

Resaults: Wii - more fun, better, more exciting.
GC - Great too but its NEXT GEN now!

----------------

And why not buying the Wii if you have GC. I thought the Wii was just MUST to own. Am I right or is it just me? (sorry about all my wrong verbs and thoes things)

Posted

I for one think that it depends on what kind of person you are, and what your interests are. I'm going to get the Wii version, because it seems so awesome to be able to do those things by actually [i]doing[/i] those things. But, if you prefer the GCN version, I'm perfectly okay with that. It is the same game, after all, and if people are talking about it, it won't really matter which version they have most of the time. :D

Posted

I cannot really agree with anyone perfectly, I mean yes its the same game, and yes it was launched for Gamecube first, but I am majorly happy that they put it on Wii, now obviously it will be less hazardous to own a Gamecube version, but Wii has the most accurate aiming I've ever seen! Now honestly, I wouldnt mind getting the Gamecube version, it actually looked pretty cool!! But with Wii, it actually feels like your are doing hard work and earning it well, while with gamecube, to defeat a boss you move a joystick around and hit a button! I'm not gonna get on anybody's nerves, but I still really do like TP for Wii! B)

p.s: A bad effect of having it on Wii, is that you play it so much, the WiiMote runs out of batteries in less then a WEEK, yes a WEEK! :o