Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy 10 years, Ocarina of Time!

37 posts in this topic

Posted

[center][/center]

Today marks ten years since the first release of one of the greatest games of all time.

------

What were your first impressions of Ocarina of Time when you first popped the gold cartridge into that clunky Nintendo 64? What did you think when you first saw Link run across Hyrule for the first time in three dimensions? The first time Ganondorf appeared as a human and was fleshed out into a full character? The first time the series took on an actual story aside from saving the princess? What was your level of shock to find out that Sheik was Princess Zelda that whole time? How many times did you throw the controller in frustration during the Water Temple?

Discuss anything and everything concerning unarguably the greatest video game ever created. Happy tenth birthday, [i]Ocarina of Time[/i].

Posted

You said it. I can't believe OoT is already 10 years old.. And i always hated the water temple, too. There was always a key i couldn't find :S

Posted

Happy birthday, you polygonal stallion.

Posted

[quote name='Ruffy' post='184693' date='Nov 21 2008, 02:11 PM']You said it. I can't believe OoT is already 10 years old.. And i always hated the water temple, too. There was always a key i couldn't find :S[/quote]
Yep water temple is freakin' hard in every Zelda game lol :P

Congrats Link! and Nintendo! :D

Posted

[size=6]Happy Birthday Oot! [/size] :joy: :joy: :joy:

Posted

Happy Birthday, OOT.

And yeah, I actually had to stop playing for a week to earn the money to uy a new controller because i broke mine when I chucked it across the room in the water temple after dark link killed me the sixth or seventh time. lol.

Posted

Hyrule.net's birthday is coming up soon as well! :D

You all better be here for the party. We are going to celebrate like crazy, posting on the forum a ton, chatting all night long, and [color="#708090"]giving away Phantom Hourglass and the collector's edition walkthrough[/color], giving out rupees, and [color="#FFA500"]LAUNCHING HYRULE 3.0's NEW DESIGN![/color]

[size=6][color="#FF8C00"]Celebrating ten years of Hyrule 12.30.08[/color][/size]

Posted

[quote name='Dustin' post='184729' date='Nov 21 2008, 07:19 PM']Hyrule.net's birthday is coming up soon as well! :D

You all better be here for the party. We are going to celebrate like crazy, posting on the forum a ton, chatting all night long, and [color="#708090"]giving away Phantom Hourglass and the collector's edition walkthrough[/color], giving out rupees, and [color="#FFA500"]LAUNCHING HYRULE 3.0's NEW DESIGN![/color]

[size=6][color="#FF8C00"]Celebrating ten years of Hyrule 12.30.08[/color][/size][/quote]
Yay! :joy:
I wish we already know we could work on Hyrule Online each other :P but no ... :(
And I didn't work on it again last weeks...

I think that text you write just made me have a mood to work on it again :P

Turns music on! and deving on Hyrule Online! :D :joy:

Adr990

(Don't get your hopes up everyone... we developers still have to do a ton of work :) on the other side that means: it is gonna be a big awesome game :P )

Posted

It's pretty weird that it's 10 years old. The graphics are still pretty good. Games haven't really improved since then. And no games have come close to it's greatness since.

Posted

I love this game, it will always be a classic! 10 years already.. Wow. When I first saw OoT I got it with my game cube, I cried I was so amazed by it.

Posted

I wonder how many times it has come up top of the best games of all time. It has shown up in every list though. Pretty high up usually.

Posted

In Nintendo Power they had a huge thing about the Ocarina of time. It was awesome! :joy:

Posted

I've been playing FSA for like a month or two now. I think i'll play it, and while I beat Ganon I'll say "Even after 10 year, I can still kick your ass," then glare at the t.v. for a while.

I can't wait for 2010. That's when the 10 year aniversery of MM is. :woot:

Posted

ahh yeah.... they dont make games like that anymore....
I remember when I got the water temple complete.Stayed up half the night...
Then there was a blackout and i lost all my data....Damm it was hard..
But...yea it was the only chalengling game ive ever played :biggrin:
And there should be a special giveaway on the shop channel..
0 points.. :D

Posted

Happy birthday OoT.

Gaah, I love this game to death. I remember being horrified when I was in the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple. I had nightmares for weeks, ahah.

...I think if OoT was person, I would marry it.