Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Storm.

17 posts in this topic

Posted

-----Chapter 9: The Plot-----

Nagro looked into his glowing stone, and retreated into his darkened room. His benefactor was calling him.

"What do you want?" Nagro said, setting his stone on the table.

"I bring word from my spies in the castle. The Hyruleans know far more than we could have anticipated."

"About the monolith?"

"Yes, they know everything. In fact, the knights themselves have been sent to the forest. They plan to form their own search party. How will your little army hold up against the knights of Hyrule?"

"We need to find it first, before they arrive. How long do you think we have?"

"But a single day; and your army has been completely unsuccessful. What do you intend to do?"

"I will go and find it myself if I must. In fact", he added. "I plan to depart for the forest just as soon as we finish things here."

"I see. There is more, however. Hyrule plans to attack your advance army on the border. They will surround, enclose, and annihilate your forces."

"Who are they sending?" Nagro asked eagerly.

"A few soldiers and mages."

"Hmph, I was hoping to draw more attention than that."

"As I said, they know about the monolith. They fear it, though I imagine they do not fear you, Lord Nagro", the voice said, with but a trace of mockery.

"Then I will make them fear me!" Nagro shouted angrily, rising to his feet. "I will unleash my armies upon Hyrule. We will charge the town and lay waste to our enemies, once and for all."

"They will certainly not expect that", the voice replied calmly. "And it will effectively counter their strategy. However, your forces are ill prepared. You stationed them only as a distraction. Your best general is in the forest hunting the monolith. Do you truly think that, once the element of surprise wears off, they actually stand a chance of victory?"

"Everything hinges on finding the monolith", Nagro replied, sinking back into his chair wearily. "It always has. I have done what I could, but now I must either find it and claim victory or lose it and accept defeat. Without it, we cannot possibly prevail, no matter what I do. With its power, victory is all but assured."

"So you are determined?"

"I am."

"Remember, once we find it, we still must awaken it, and that will take time. Its power is not absolute--it is but a tool to augment the power of its master. That master must be strong."

"I am strong", Nagro firmly replied."

"Be that as it may, the monolith is not omnipotent, and has its weaknesses."

"Such as...?" Nagro asked, concerned for his ambitions.

"It is repulsed by the Triforce."

"Do you think that will be a problem? Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

"It could be--though the Triforce of Power is sealed safely within the Sacred Realm and I will soon have the Triforce of Courage, shall we say... under control--there is still the Triforce of Wisdom to be dealt with."

"The Triforce of Wisdom has been passed down through the women of the Royal Family", Nagro said. "So if it currently rests within the young Princess Zelda... to deal with it... do you mean...?"

"Yes, Lord Nagro", the voice replied in affirmation. "You must kill the princess."

"...Are you insane?" Nagro screamed after a stunned silence. "How do you propose we do that?"

"You have assassins."

"Well, what about you? Don't you have spies in the castle?"

"Unfortunately, they all live in the castle. If they commit this act, then they risk discovery, which I cannot allow. Gerudo assassins, however, are the most skilled in the world. A good one can be done and gone before they know the princess is dead, or so I hear.

"Do you know what I hear?" Nagro asked contemptuously. "I hear there is an armed knight posted in front of her door every night, and I certainly won't risk it in broad daylight."

"I will make sure things are taken care of. Have your girl in the castle by midnight tonight."

"This... this is madness!" Nagro protested.

"Oh? Will you risk everything you've worked for, out of
fear
?"

"N-no..."

"This must be done, to protect the monolith. This is a risk you must take, or risk falling to Hyrule."

"I will fulfill my family's legacy", Nagro said with a voice of determination. "No matter the cost, I will triumph."

"So you'll send your assassin?"

"She'll be there", Nagro said with vigor. "You just make sure the way is clear." With that, Nagro cut himself off from the stone.

I hope you can see me, O father of my fathers. For I, Nagro, will succeed where you have failed. Hyrule, and all the world, will be mine!

Posted

Great story so far! Please continue! :zelda: