Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii & Twilight Princess Questions & Answers

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Have any questions about the Nintendo Wii or Twilight Princess that you have been wondering? Ask them here and you'll get answers! Feel free to ask anything and feel free to answer any questions that haven't been answered if you are sure of the answer!

I also want to apologize about the lack of updates recently. I've recently been diagnosed with optic neuritis (swolen optic nerve & messed up vision) so I have been getting all kinds of tests run, an MRI, etc.

Posted

1# Wats happens when the wii remote runs out of batteries? i mean if ur in the middle of a boss fight in TP... :unsure:
2# does the wii have a dvd player?
3# how does the sensor bar thing work, how does it measure the size of ur tv?
4# does it play music like the xbox?

and dustin, i hope ur ok... ouch swolen optic nerve :o how did it happen?

yay 4 first post! (reply or wateva)

Posted

1. The Wii will automatically go to the home menu. (in other words, if you're playing tp and the batteries die, you'll be put on pause automatically.)
2. No.
3. It doesnt. it determines how far away you are, the angle, etc, and where to put it. no real "sensing" at all, really.
4. It will probably have a music channel, but for now you can only have mp3's from an SD card according to the manual.

Posted

[quote]4. It will probably have a music channel, but for now you can only have mp3's from an SD card according to the manual.[/quote]

does an SD card work the same as a usb flash drive thing? or an ipod, mp3 player or wateva? if u know wat im talking about.

Posted

Good questions mikel.

I know they've probably been posted somewhere, if so, could you direct me? but i'd like to know the specifics of whats inside the nintendo Wii, how much RAM it has etc.

Well, it doesnt have a dvd player, but, what if you were to put an audio cd into the Wii? would it get played?

Posted

The Sensor bar is just a bar with Two IR LEDs on either end, and the Wii-mote picks up the IR and determines where you are in that range i believe...

Posted

How the hell will we get the money to get some more batteries? Blasphemy! :o

Posted

Well I know that alot of people will be having questions for this, and most of the questions on this thing are about batteries lol, so heres I lil thing I found out while playin my Wii...If you first get Zelda, you're obviously gonna spend unlimited hours on it right? Well, if you do, then the Wii will run out of batteries in less then a week, yes, less then a WEEK! I've done that and trust me, if a lil pop-up comes up sayin your wii is low on batteries, change em! Cuz I got stuck in the middle of a miniboss fight, and my wii just stopped on the screen! <_<

Posted

How do u acess the internett without having a wireless? kan u buy someting to get conekted with, like a cabel?

Posted

yer ild like to know if it can play audio CD's... can it? :unsure:

and. ill be back another time with more Q's... hopefully. im going to bed now (12.22am) so ill think about my next Q's in bed. :D nite all!

Posted

The Wii apparently does not currently have the software to play Audio CDs. In the gameplay channel it says it is unable to recognize the disc. This could easily be fixed by adding a new channel to support audio CDs. The drive itself is capable of reading them I believe. The slideshow can play MP3s from your SD card during slideshows so they could also add support for MP3 playing from SD cards. Of course they could add other SD playing functionality as well such as Videos and more from SD or burned CDs/DVDs. Hopefully Nintendo will create a Multimedia channel to support this type of thing. Although the Wii doesn't have hardware DVD decoding built in, it would likely have enough power to do software decoding of MPG, AVI, etc. It can certainly handle MP3s fine though... it just needs an actual player since having to load them into a slideshow to listen to MP3s isn't very convenient...

[quote name='Andeby' post='19220' date='Dec 1 2006, 08:22 AM']How do u acess the internett without having a wireless? kan u buy someting to get conekted with, like a cabel?[/quote]

Nintendo plans to offer an Ethernet kit for connecting the Wii to a wired internet connection if you don't have wireless. It will plug into one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii. This is rumored to be available in January. You can get wireless access points for extremely cheap online now though if you can't wait.

Posted

how far are you in twilight princess? im stuck in the lakebed temple! :embarrassed: can you help by sending me a pm or something cause i know there are some people who dont have it and dont want the game to be spoiled for them.

Posted

Is TP better then OOT? I read a review in thehylia.com and TSA gave it an 8.5.... No spoilers in the answer, please. :)

Posted

[color="#FF0000"]this is a really important and maybe even impossible question to answer. ok here goes, umm when will the next shipment of wii's be released????????. I've checked everywhere and no stores have any :embarrassed: . they tell me that they will be getting a new shipment someday........but WHEN :( ??????? plz some1 help me! :D [/color]

Posted

I don't live in the US, but my auncle who lives in Atlanta said there were plenty of Wiis there... He went to Circuit City and Toys R Us and they had a lot of Wiis. Tomorrow he'll try to buy a wii and TP for me, and he'll send them to my country...That means, I may be playing Tp in two weeks! :)