The Wii is losing its magic

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I have both a Playstation 3 and Wii.

The problem with you all saying Wii is losing its magic is that all the major hardcore games - ones anticipated since pre-launch - came out already (Twilight Princess, Galaxy, Corruption, Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, etc). If Nintendo and third-parties had at least one big title coming out over last summer or the holiday season, no one would be saying "Wii is losing its magic". Like someone said, all the hardcore games promised at E3 and Tokyo Game Show are going to be rolling out starting this year (The Conduit, to name one of the many announced last year).

Posted

You have a PS3? I didn't know that. :huh:

Anyway... I think you're right. Nintendo has made all the good games and now third parties are starting to get decent ideas for games rather than churning outparty game after party game. Your words give us hope SirJoshizzle. :)

Posted

There's no denying that there's an overwhelming amount of low budget party games and so-called "shovelware" for Wii. But then again, what do you expect to happen on a console with such a unique control scheme (and name) that just screams "party game"? And of course, Wii's success was so left field that it was inevitable developers would develop such cheap games to make a profit.

There have been some very good third-party games on Wii, like Resident Evil 4, Rayman, Disaster: Day of Crisis Okami and Trauma Center: New Blood and Second Opinion. Developing games for Wii isn't exactly something you perfect overnight; only Nintendo truly knows how to take full advantage of it, which is why often times the only Wii games that get good reviews are developed by them. Once developers become much more familiar with the Wii Remote and the Wii's technical architecture, the games will start flowing out.

Posted

Or Nintendo will have released a new console. Only time will tell.

Posted

I agree with you. PS3 is a more power, solid, by-the-book console. I do want a Wii, it has more fun games in my opinion, but yeah, last year hasn't had many good Wii releases, and I think this year will be big for DS, but not much for Wii. The only reason I'd get it before a PS3 is because of the cost, and so I can play Radiant Dawn and MP3: Corruption, although I'd probably get a DS/DSi before that. (Yeah, I don't have any new generation systems...)

Posted

This year is looking brilliant though game wise. Resident Evil 5, (Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Agito XIII, XIII)-Hopefully this year, I'm sure there's more but I can't really think of what just now. :embarrassed:

Oh and Tekken 6.

About time too.