What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

I still play fighting games they are great

なべ likes this

Posted

OOT has very frustrating combat

How so? It's basically lock on and swing your sword. Are you having camera troubles?

Posted

I'm trying to play it like dark souls because that's what I'm coming off of playing it. Just so much WAITING. Not even trying to parrot Egoraptor here, other than bosses a lot of mook fights feel like a chore.

Posted

Interesting, I feel like I can really burst through most everything with Ocarina of Time's combat and I played it at the same time as Dark Souls. Have you tried stunning things with the hookshot and deku nuts?

Posted

Does it go through shields? That's the thing that takes the longest, wait ing for them to drop their shields. In dark souls if I have a puppyhuge weapon I can just smash them and their shield. Alternatively I can try to flank them and hit them from behind, whereas here even if I get behind a mook and hit them, it auto changes their direction so it hits their shield.

Posted

iirc the Hookshot makes a stalfos jump while lowering his shield. Strafe so he'll land with his back to you and either stun him or hit him with your sword.

Posted

I started playing Besiege today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/

It's so fun to build machines and attempt to complete the levels with them, but I'm pretty bad at it so far. I saw some pretty cool videos of mechs and airplanes and shit people have built in this game, makes me wish I could build something that good. If you like building stuff I would for sure recommend it for the price.

Posted

LunLQ6p.png

I just want to say that Yuzuriha is the best character and I am truly sad that her instagram isn't an actual thing

Posted

Stiiiiill can't bring myself to be a dick in Skyrim.

I get really carried away with trying to come up with the most ridiculous ways to be a dick in Elder Scrolls games. One night I was capturing footage because I planned to do a panel where I showcase different ways I've figured to do ridiculous things in various video games that I don't see other people doing. After a long night of Oblivion I actually started a disfigured Orc character and gave her a backstory where she wears a steel helmet at all times but dresses in the (probably oft-unused) stylish NPC clothing available through the game to compensate for her disfigured face. She would try to get peoples' dispositions high because she has a desire to be liked because nobody's ever liked her because of how hideous she is. I would actually stay at inns every night and that's the only time I would ever take off the helmet, placing it carefully on some table or other surface. Then I would read one of the game's books or something. It was oddly somber to roleplay like this, especially with Oblivion's soundtrack.

Eventually I added in that she wants to kill people, because I wanted to kill people, so I joined the Dark Brotherhood. At this point my character unraveled a bit because I thought it was hilarious to do things like steal all the food in the room of whoever it was I was trying to kill until all that was left was a single poison apple at a dinner table. Then they'd eat it and die while sitting in a chair so they'd slump over on the table, and then I'd strip some of the clothes and scatter alcohol I've stolen all over the room so it looked like they drank themselves to death.

Also Necro, the waiting in OoT is a valid complaint, but Knuckle's also right in that you can use items to break their defenses.

Knuckle and T1g like this

Posted

Holy moly you're elaborate about this, honestly that sounds like a carefully plotted murder :o

Not in a bad way I mean, since you're just screwing about

Posted

i liked the last vehicle he made. It performed hilariously effectively

Posted

I very briefly played Wind Waker HD over the Weekend. I love the remastered score and will be getting this game as soon as possible.

Posted

Holy moly you're elaborate about this, honestly that sounds like a carefully plotted murder :o

Not in a bad way I mean, since you're just screwing about

I forgot to mention that my roleplaying in that case was a total anomaly. Normally I do silly things to everybody, like sic a small deer army I recruited from the woods onto an NPC that is both too important to die and also relevant to the plot enough to have to follow me around. Or trap a guy in a really small house and then flood it to the brim with watermelon. Or duplicate the king of Tamriel and have them fight each other naked

I also forgot to mention that I would also eat meals like the NPCs, sitting in a chair and everything, during my somber and oddly immersive time as a disfigured orc.

Though the murder may have sounded conniving and well-planned, really it was literally just me standing on the table with my crotch practically in the guy's face clearly trying to murder him (since I had dark brotherhood clothes) by means of the extremely suspicious lone piece of fruit that I was also hovering over. I kept using the fast-wait feature and apparently it reset his eating timer every time or something because I waited over a day and each time I came out of wait the guy was still at the table looking straight at me even though he'd witnessed me stealing literally everything in his ship earlier before. I even had a conversation with him about a book I had stolen from him. After I just chilled out for like twenty seconds he finally started eating the apple, and died shortly thereafter. That was the most entertaining death I executed, the rest were typical fanfare except for the fact that every single one of my Dark Brotherhood quests ended with me stripping some clothes and strewing booze about the room. I like to think that in that universe, the people start panicking about a rampant alcoholism problem and instate prohibition instead of figuring out it's a murderer.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

3QAtML8.png

Its hard being a cameo character in a fighting game. Its hard and no one understands