What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

You should fight me in p4u2 while i play as shadow kanji. It will be equally as hard on you

Posted

I'm still hammering away at Majora's mask on 3DS. I have zero free time during the day so I try to play a bit each day after three o'clock til dinnertime at six.

Posted

I picked up a game called "Killer is Dead" a month or so ago on the cheap, because I had a steam coupon for it. I just got some spare time for the first time in a few weeks tonight, so I installed it and gave it a shot.

On the one hand, it's a gorgeous game. Absolutely brimming with style and eyecandy. Definitely glad I have my big wonderful video game computer to play it on. Enough so that I'm willing to put up with the game's awful camera controls and terrible learning curve/tutorial system/generally unrefined gameplay.

On the other hand, well, there's these missions in the game which are basically minigames. You take an attractive girl on a date, and you're supposed to ogle her titties while she's not looking.

It's literally this minigame, but with triple A funding. And you're also supposed to give her presents to make her like you. You win if she sleeps with you at the end of the night, because in the morning she'll give you a new weapon or upgrade for some ridiculous reason. I mean, really? Do I really want to keep playing this game if I have to put up with this kind of pandering? Why did they put this in the game? Is this how oh so seductive womanizers are supposed to work? This is dumb.

Plus so far there's two main female characters, and you can change their outfits at will. So instead of walking around in their normal outfits, they can just dress like stripper cops:

k5glAKH.jpg

I mean, I don't know what I was expecting when I got this game, and I got it really cheap so I guess I'm not upset, but, why?

Posted

I mean, I don't know what I was expecting when I got this game, and I got it really cheap so I guess I'm not upset, but, why?

Lollipop Chainsaw was released recently and was the developer's greatest commercial success. They probably tried to emulate that in some ways such as fan service. 

Posted

I love what I've played of the game so far. Its biggest flaw is its greatest strength. The colorful neon color palette is awesome, but I can only play it an hour or two before I get a headache.

As for the giggolo missions You get the weapon regardless of how well you do and you get most of them from the first girl, so they're mostly optional. They also seem to be playing it for comedy rather than just pandering. Ribaldry, that's called.

Posted

I've gotten stuck twice now at death in the level with the vampire castle. There's a part where apparently, if you die, the game will never reload from checkpoint. If I quit the game and come back to it and the game offers to drop me off where I last left off, I spawn already dead. There's no way for me to get past this point in the game if I die here without starting the whole level over, which I have had to do twice now. And it's not like it's easy to get through without dying, because it's just a shoddily put together game. Better than sonic boom I'm sure, but still not very good.

Posted

What, the vampire castle? Not sure what trouble you're having, Other than the bit where you have to find the wine I thought it was pretty easy. You are playing with a controller, yeah?

Posted

Yes, I am playing with a controller. I just finished the level, but I don't remember any part about finding wine? There was actually one fight where two enemies spawned right before the boss where I had already run past them, so before I could kill them the cutscene just played showing me killing the two of them. It's just a glitchy, unfinished game.

Posted

I had a 100% different experience with this game. Like, that your comparing it to Sonic Boom is very surprising. I'm not sure I had any glitches at all

Posted

Back to playing Skyrim again. It's been a while since I was into it, so I've got a fresh perspective going back now. What I already exhausted when I played it last I now avoid, and what I never did before, I'm doing now. I'm feeling more committed to getting all the shouts and exploring all the areas, where last time I was more overwhelmed with the game world and never took the time to just work my way through it. I've been playing my new file at least 5 hours and I've not been to any city other than Whiterun. My interest in the game was getting to a point last time where I would repeatedly start new files, and then do the same things every time, and it got tiresome. I'd just knock about different cities, kidding on that I was doing something new, when I wasn't. I'm not really forcing my interest this time around though, and it's coming pretty naturally.

Just playing stealthy archer type, because it's most satisfying to clear a room in a quick sweep of arrow fire without being seen. Breaking the economy as usual. Hopefully with my pace I'll be able to get every house as I come to them. Not sure when I'll bother doing questlines though; just now I'm happy to wander the countryside. I don't think I ever explored the wilderness much in previous files; opting instead to take carriage and quick travel, as I was guided by quest-driven impatience.

Feels good to be enjoying Skyrim again.

T1g likes this

Posted

i recommend modding it, assuming you are playing on PC. Those companion mods are pretty good if you want companions who aren't lame, but I will leave it up to you to decide if you want to bother with that

なべ likes this

Posted

I'm on PS3, so that's not an option. I don't think I'd go for it anyway. I still haven't exhausted the gameplay potential of this game, so I'm not left wanting.

Posted

I have to wander the countryside in Skyrim now; in the villages everyone hates me. I keep killing their guards and stealing their stuff. Even the guilds hate me now because I harassed their members and killed a couple of them. I've gone from being the most beloved to the most despised person in the country and it's actually funner that way.

Posted

Stiiiiill can't bring myself to be a dick in Skyrim. I hate turning towns into no-go zones for no good reason. I feel like it just spoils the game world, and dirties the whole experience. It can be a good time to cause chaos and trash the place, but only after saving; and then I just reload after. I could probably do it if I made a character for the sole purpose of playing as a genocidal dickhead, but so far I've just played as adventurers, selling off loot and finding mad swag. And when you play as that kind of character, going on a spree and living with the consequences really feels like breaking form. Maybe I just have a sense for what kind of character I'm playing, and being a character who can be equal parts saint and sinner doesn't make sense to me, and so I hate to do it. My natural instinct is decency, and playing like a dick takes effort.

One day I'll play as a proper asshole, and maybe it'll loosen up my play style.

Chase and pheonix561 like this

Posted

OOT has very frustrating combat