My weekend

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah the only advice I could give you is that things will be better again someday. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life. You deserve a good life. This world is just too harsh to the kind, decent people. Just keep going and I'm sure you'll reach the light at the end of the tunnel some time. For now, just make sure you choose the right route through that tunnel to find the fasted way to that light.

There. I've killed that metaphor. What next? :)

Posted

My God, I figured it out. I know what's bothering her, and it's even worse than I expected.

Her mom has cancer. She never explicitly told me, but she did tell me that she worked as an x-ray technician until she got sick. She didn't ever want to go too much into that topic, as it was really hard for her. It just occurred to me that x-ray means exposure to radiation, and if her mom got sick...

That's not all, though. On Friday, the day that things got really bad, the mother of one of her friends died. It was sudden and unexpected, and therefor probably quite traumatizing. She was getting a massage when she had a seizure, and she never opened her eyes again.

If you think about it, a sudden death like that could really frighten someone who has a parent with a condition as serious as cancer. I should have seen it earlier...

dude... :cry: