My weekend

32 posts in this topic

Posted

As a matter of fact my cousins do like Obama. I don't like Obama. That's one thing I will never believe.

YES. YOU, SIR, WIN.

The only smart decision Obama has made, is getting a Wii in his house. :joy:

Posted

Dude, the lost racquet doesn't even matter anymore. I'm too happy.

Anyway, when she found out that my dog didn't die, we laughed about it for a while and moved on with the conversation.

Posted

Well, whenever I find out a girl likes me, it's always a freakin' ugly dork. One of them now likes my other friend (and he hates it), and one still likes me, though I try in the most obvious ways to show that I hate her.

Well, it's fun to see what she does.

You are a shallow, self-righteous prick.

As a matter of fact my cousins do like Obama. I don't like Obama. That's one thing I will never believe.

Just because you believe the opposite of what they tell you, and everything they tell you is a lie, it doesn't make your opinion valid. I've never seen you support the fact that you don't like Obama with any sort of reasonable facts or evidence. And I've seen plenty of reasonable arguments against Obama that I even agree with.

Posted

I don't like Obama.

Are you racist, mate?

:/

Posted

Are you racist, mate?

No I am not. I am a Republican.

Posted

Okay... back to topic...

This made me remember about an anime called Fullmetal Alchemist that states the world-wide rule is that you have to pay sometihng of certain value to obtain something of the same value.

So, you lost your racket but you got the girl.

You must have really loved that racket.

Well, this was a bad joke... Congrats, I'll shut up now

Posted

Hah, I felt something from that. :)

Posted

Update!

It's been a month and a half now, and everything is looking good. She's getting me out of my social shell and actually being successful at forcing me to be more outgoing. I mean, I danced in the rain. I, one of the most serious people I know, wouldn't usually dance, especially not in the rain. But I did. I danced in the rain with her, and it was great.

A dance in the rain became a kiss in the rain...

Tomorrow we're hanging out at her house, as mine is still missing a large piece of the floor. She's going to make me watch "Phantom of the Opera". I'm anticipating a fun time.

Also, it's supposed to rain again tomorrow.

Posted

Well in the words of Charles Dickens's book A Tale of Two Cities, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," but at least you found love, and that the greatest thing you can ever find. Unless my cousins lied... Again.

Umm, wasn't that grapes of wrath? maybe I'm just confused.

CONGRATULATIONS, SHADOWKNIGHT ON A LIFE WELL LIVED!!!! WOO, PARTAY TIME!!!

Posted (edited)

Another big weekend. It wasn't good this time.

Kelsey broke up with me. I'm a fairly rational person, though, and I'm not convinced that it's permanent. Before you judge or come to any conclusions, listen to what I have to say. I'm already through the five stages, by the way. I got through them fairly quickly.

In the two days before, she had been acting strange. Actually, I started noticing it last week. Something was going on, and she admitted that something was bothering her, but she wouldn't tell me what it was. She still won't. Last night, she came to me looking for help and comfort, and she told me she had broken down earlier that night. I comforted her, but I did so before finding out what was behind it.

I know she is unsure about breaking up with me, the fact that she still talks to me and texts me almost constantly tells me that. I'm good at identifying when there's a problem, though, and I see something here. She's conflicted about us, but she's definitely not that conflicted. Quite frankly, I'm worried. She told me about all the stress before this, and I have no idea how bad whatever is going on is.

Also, I had an appendicitis scare yesterday. I was in the Emergency Room until midnight, and now I have two holes in my right arm: one in the inside of my elbow and one in the back of my wrist. The needles were quite painful. The radiologists that read my CT scans initially made a mistake.

Today, I'm stuck at home. After last night, my mom wouldn't let me go to school today. I really have nothing to do except think, which is killing me. I feel like there has been a mistake, but I can't do anything to fix it. I can just sit and watch it play out.

Worst weekend ever.

EDIT: My God, I figured it out. I know what's bothering her, and it's even worse than I expected.

Her mom has cancer. She never explicitly told me, but she did tell me that she worked as an x-ray technician until she got sick. She didn't ever want to go too much into that topic, as it was really hard for her. It just occurred to me that x-ray means exposure to radiation, and if her mom got sick...

That's not all, though. On Friday, the day that things got really bad, the mother of one of her friends died. It was sudden and unexpected, and therefor probably quite traumatizing. She was getting a massage when she had a seizure, and she never opened her eyes again.

If you think about it, a sudden death like that could really frighten someone who has a parent with a condition as serious as cancer. I should have seen it earlier...

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

Jeez. That's... Beyond words really. I really couldn't offer anything to help you here to be honest but this is really sudden. Losing a parent so young would be really tough going. If my parents both died I would be crushed. And then sent to my God Parents. Meaning I would be living with Paddymac from this site. Yeah. Our families are pretty close.

Anyway. Man, that's terrible. Hopefully no more bad luck will strike you. There has to be a limit. There can't be any reason for all this to happen. But it's not you though. Doesn't effect you directly but all this around you has to be tough going. I couldn't really find a bright side that wouldn't sound in bad taste.

Hopefully this is the end of your bad luck for the year, although that is wishful thinking indeed. But I wish I had bad luck so I wouldn't feel so rotten. I hate how nice guys like you get rotten luck like this and I'm plagued with the comfortable life I have. If I could share the bad luck, I would. No joke. You're a good friend and most likely one of my favourite members here. :)

Posted

Thanks.

Really, as much as I know I shouldn't, I'm blaming myself for a lot of her unhappiness. I noticed that something was wrong, she told me that one of her friends lost a parent, I knew that her mom was sick, but I didn't figure it out. And then, when she broke up with me, I spent two days feeling sorry for myself instead of trying to identify the problem that I knew was there.

She's still talking to me, so I'm just waiting for her to get out of school so I can talk to her. Being home alone with my thoughts kind of sucks, especially right now.

I'm still holding on to the delusion that I may be able to fix things. Now, however, I see that even if I can, it will take time. How much time, however, is still undecided.

Posted

Yeah, I usually address my major problems here. I don't get taken as seriously anywhere else so this is really my life right here. It's sad really, but if I wasn't on here I'd have all of this bottled up and I wouldn't let it out under fear of ridicule or misunderstanding. I thank Paddy for introducing me to this site. it has changed me. I have better language skills and everything now. I even got a 1 in my writing.

I'm sorry for using this topic as a dump for my thoughts, but I've only just thought this through today and I'm really speaking now what I've been thinking for so long. Only just been able to put it into words, y'know? I have loads of personal stuff that needs sorting out. I hardly know who I am really. I'm a different person here than I am anywhere else and that really throws who I am into question for me. I have some questions I need to ask myself but I can hardly access the answers if I don't know who 'myself' is yet.

Whoa. My apology just turned into a bigger dump for my thoughts.

Posted

It's fine. I'm sure that nobody minds. Everybody needs to vent from time to time.

Anyway, I have a friend that had to live this thing. He's going to help me figure out how to support her. Heaven knows she needs it.

Posted

Aw man... You don't deserve this. I hope everything works out. Unfortunately, I don't really have any advice for you.... Sorry.