What's the Best or Worst Zelda Game Made?

168 posts in this topic

Posted

My favorite was Ocarina of Time by far

My least favorite?Maybe zelda 2 it's not bad and it's not that I don't like it, it is just the one i like the least. Twilight princess is another I didn't enjoy like the rest.

I also like both seasons and Ages. The reason one has what the other doesn't is because they were meant to be combined into one big game.

Posted

Try to back me up in the "MM or Oot" forum, cause i am kind of the only one backing up MM in there.

You can tell Teal really hates the game.

dude i love mm

Posted

My favourite handheld zelda game was and is Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, they were amazing in every way, the lands were vast and big, plenty of unique characters and creatures, very colorful and adventurouse!

I also loved Minish cap and Links awakening.

My least favourite handheld Zelda games were Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. These games took the great Zelda formula and twisted it into a huge ball of crap, I ended up trading these games halfway through, they were terrible, just terrible, lingering way to much on the windwaker formula (witch was great by the way), no idea what nintendo was thinking when they unleashed this dissapointment :|

And OoT was fun and great but, c'mon, just because it was the first Zelda game to feature full 3D and a vast hyrule world dont make it the best of all time, overrated much? Same goes for Majoras mask, teleporting back and back again in time just became a royal piss-off in many ways -__-

Twillight princess is full 3D and basically has much more then those games (the worlds twice as huge, legit)

Not saying these games sucked, I love em and still play em, but you guys need to increase your Zelda Arsenal, really.

Posted

Who are you?

Posted

Some new kid, I'd wager. It's not an adbot at least.

While I'm here, The best one they made is Ocarina of Time, because it changed how the game works and made the shift to 3D with huge success. The one with the worst final product to me is Four Swords Adventures, given the lack of difficulty and inconvenient way of adding players.

Posted

I know that, but thats not exactly what I meant.

you guys need to increase your Zelda Arsenal, really.

I asked him who he was so I could have a better idea of what made him think he qualifies to tell us that our opinions are wrong and his are right.

To me the best Zelda was Wind Waker and the worst was Four Sword Adventure, while others *coughYLAcough* consider WW to be one of the worst.

Thats all fine and dandy because thats my opinion versus theirs, but this kid thinks he's above everyone else because his opinion doesn't match ours.

Posted

Oh, gotcha.

Posted

Seeing as how I've played every single Zelda game (and beaten all but Spirit Tracks) I would say my opinion is just as viable if not more so than his on this subject.

And Ocarina of Time is still my favorite. Yes, Twilight Princess is bigger. I WONDER WHY. COULD IT BE IT WAS MADE TEN YEARS LATER? And really, it wasn't THAT much bigger. It had one more dungeon (and you can't really count the Twilight Tower a dungeon :/) and the map world was relatively small compared to games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, and even Wind Waker.

You can't compare old and new. Old will never stack up. BUT, if you were born near 1991, owned an N64 in 1998, and bought Ocarina of Time, you would have fallen in love with it. Nothing could compare to it, then and now. There's just something magical about the experience that people seem to miss nowadays, either because of the graphics or because they've been introduced to "bigger" games, like Twilight Princess.

Posted (edited)

Actually like Oot and MM as much because they are similar but feels more like a whole story togheter if you just put it in after you beat Oot.

My second one is actuallly TP I liked it and it did a lot of interesting stuff, made Link feel better as a character. It also had new items, and a bunch more but it doesn`t really have too much new too put a finger on it.

The third one is Wind waker combat is the best in series interesting that Link finally had a family but I would like too explore real Hyrule after I saw the world outside the castle.

The series is awesome but I have a bunch more favorites.

BTW I don`t have any bad experience with any Zelda game and the CDi ones isn`t really made by Nintendo but Philips got the license when they worked with Nintendo on the CDi.

Edited by Postman (see edit history)

Posted

Biggest necro-posting ever lol?

But anyways my favourite Zelda game ever is Majora's Mask. ffffffffffffffffffffffff that game is just amazing and so well-designed and so much fun and has great replay value and ffffffffffffffff I could go on forever about this wonderful game :>>>>>>>>>

Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks are a close second. Every other Zelda game I played is third best lol. Good series in general :>

also "increase our Zelda arsenal"? what does this meannnnnnnnnnnnnnn o.0

Posted

I suppose my favorite would have to have been Wind Waker. I dunno about a least favorite, as I haven't played too many of them. And when he says our Zelda arsenal, I think he means the number of games in the library.

Posted

My favorite is Ocarina of Time (big surprise, right?)

I like all of the other ones almost equal I would even go as far as to say that AlttP is better than OoT but because I played OoT first it has a special place in my <3.

My least favorite has to be AoL. Its a good game, just a little different (almost too different) but it would be really fun if it wasn't so darn HARD!

Twilight Princess is also one of my least favorite games. It isn't that its bad. It just ... lacks certain things. The over world is empty, point A to point B. Not very many side quests and the items in the dungeons are basically only of use in that dungeon.

And why did they feel the need to make you find more heart pieces to get a heart container? I thought 4 was fine. If it isn't broken don't fix it! I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NINTENDO! ;(

Posted

The whole two-heart-pieces-per-dungeon idea helped fill the dungeons with replay value, and obviously they needed more pieces (and ideally the same number of hearts in the life bar) so that was the solution.

Posted

Ugh, I forgot about Phantom Hourglass. That game might give FSA a run for its money. Spirit Tracks was tolerable.

Posted

Spirit Tracks was amazing!!

But my favorite was Ocarina of Time. It was the first Zelda i've ever played, one of the first games i've ever played. like 12 years ago now...:o

I was only 4 at the time. I remember my mom playing it all the time while our family gathered around the TV and watched her. I loved it back then so much <3

The best memory I have of it was watching my mom run into the Hyrule Market gate before nightfall, while my brother, sister, and dad were huddled around her cheering for her to get there fast enough while eating cookies :')

You guys don't know how special that moment is to me....you just don't...:)

Ohh....the memories :cry: