Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seriously?

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100da...ed-health-care/

REALLY? I mean, Really? I want to support Obama, and would love to see him help the economy, but this, this is too much.

He wants vets who are injured in war, that we sent them to, to pay for their injuries received abroad with personal insurance. And it's not just the most current, all the way back to ietnam Vets, many of whom are still under care for serious wounds recieved in war.

I understand that we're in an econimic slump, but this is a low blow, and a horrible decision on his part. I'm sorry if many of you don't care as much, but It effects my family personally if it passes, and it's a deplorable thing to do to those who have sacrificed in service to the country.

EDIT BY DUSTIN CHALLENGING THE ACCURACY OF THE LINKED ARTICLE:

The plan they mention doesn't charge soldiers, but rather obligates their existing private insurers (if they have one) to reimburse the VA for services as if it were rendered by a private physician. Prior, an insurer could simply deny soldiers claims because the VA would pick up the tab -- meaning the insurer could collect premiums and avoid having to pay out on claims. Insurance companies were working the system to rip off the government. The insurance companies claim that any problems are work-related so the private policy becomes useless.

In short, this particular thing is a GOOD thing that Fox has mis-represented. It will reduce insurance companies profiting when they deny veteran's claims.

BUT: This is not to say there aren't problems. The fact that they often choose to go to private insurance shows there is a problem and that DOES need to get fixed. They shouldn't have to do that.

Foxnews is unfortunately not a reliable news source.

Edited by Dustin (see edit history)

Posted

As much as I support Obama, I don't agree with this. My family is basically all vets on my Dad's side. HE'S a vet.

I've been thinking about joining the armed forces myself when I'm older, if I can...

This is unacceptable for me.

Posted (edited)

I hate saying this... No wait I LOVE IT! I told you so. I told you Obama was going to be a bad president and make stupid decitions, but did anyone listen to me? No.

Also I'm sorry, but I don't care. They voted in Obama, and they should've thought of the consequences.

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

Although I do agree with you YLA, Obama's going to need to do a lot more stupid things before you can say that and not look like a fool. No offense.

I have two things to say.

1) This is terrible. They defended our country.

2) Until I read the last part of CG's post, I was under the impression that this was about animal doctors. xD

Posted

So now, the government and politicians start wars only to make us pay for it?

Posted

Being a veteran myself, I cannot even begin to explain my fury. That is all I will say on this matter.

Posted (edited)

I told you ALL Obama was bad.

Hat to say it, but TOLD YA SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Arcanelord, hes already trying to censor republican radio shows and is trying take our guns away. He cant do anything stupid anymore. Hes run out of stupid stuff to do.

Edited by Doubleagent (see edit history)

Posted

See even Doubleagent knew he was bad.

Posted

See even Doubleagent knew he was bad.

Doubleagent is a hard, right-wing sheep who doesn't know anything.

Just because Obama is doing this doesn't mean he's bad all-around. So please, stop being stupid and shut up.

I do agree this is unacceptable though. This is one of the topics I feel more strongly about, so this really makes me rage. I'm sure he understands this is a drastic measure and is using it to give a strong, preemptive blow to the failing economy, but this isn't a good fist to use.

Posted

See this? This is what we're going to be stuck with for the next three years and ten months. On top of doubling the budget deficit instead of cutting it in half like he said he was going to do. On top of all the other asinine things he's done in the past two months.

Posted

Not cool. My grandfather is a veteran who fought in Vietnam, and also a veteran who sustained rather serious injuries.

Abortion was bad, this is bad too. Really, all he's doing for the economy is throwing money at the problem, which is bad.

So far, I'm not happy with this. I didn't support him before, but now I'm starting to support him even less. I guess I'm in the negatives, then.

Posted

I always try to support whoever happens to be in charge, but this is a terrible decision. Honestly? I'd rather be poor than make it harder on the people giving their lives for me.

Posted

Maybe instead of being partisan morons and going "LOLOLOL I TOLD YOU ALL SO YOU FAIL" we could actually stay on topic?

Because I can't take news seriously from Fox when along the sidebar are stories like "Is the left-wing spin machine, at work in Washington, shaping the media's coverage?", I looked it up on Google in hopes of getting a different site. Everyone just hold your horses; the idea's dropped. Obviously this was never going to get through Congress even if the idea was formally thrown in there, anyway.

Posted (edited)

I learned a while ago that it was dropped. Obama admitted that it wasn't the best idea on his part. My dad had never worried from the beginning. I guess he knew it couldn't be done.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I hate this to the core. Every wounded man who fought for this country while politicians like Mr. Obama sent them out to be killed are heroes. Every last one of them. They are the ones who truly deserve to receive anything from this country. They fought and were seriously wounded so we didn't have to be. Many were killed. So now they have to pay for the wounds that they got while fighting for us themselves? That's just sick, immoral, and ungrateful. The bloodsucking parasites send these men out to be killed, and want to stab them in the back by doing this. How dishonorable.

EDIT:

Everyone just hold your horses; the idea's dropped.

Thank God.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)