Another Old Relationship Problem

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So... Yeah. First off, I'm part of a Love Pentagon. NOT a triangle, a PENTAGON. Allow me to try to explain without my diagram. Where to start...

Everyone in this is a friend of mine.

I like a guy named Devin(as of three days ago, I stopped liking Anthony), but I'm unsure of whether he likes me.

Anthony likes me(which I found out yesterday, TWO DAYS after I lost feelings for him. The guy has bad timing, eh?).

Alex and Marissa like Anthony.

Devin MAY like Marissa(yeah, I eavesdropped. I didn't mean to, I swear! That's why I only heard a little bit...).

So... Let me try to clean this up...

I like Devin, Devin MAY like Marissa, Marissa and Alex like Anthony, and Anthony likes me.

So... today, I decided I needed to finally figure how to sort this out, before I got tired and decided I needed a nap. Just before I fell asleep, I was called down for dinner. After dinner, I went back to my room to take my nap.

I found I couldn't.

Devin. Anthony. Alex(Whom I think Anthony should be with). Love Pentagon.

This kept bothering me. Ya see, I still thought I MIGHT have feelings for Anthony, but every time I tried to think about what that would be like, Devin popped in my head. I realized that I've been studying stupid little things about him... The way he walks, how he looks at the clock a lot and actually counts the marks to get the exact time, how he rubs his finger when he's embarrassed, and other stuff that I won't bore you with because now I'm rambling.

I came to the conclusion that I didn't feel nearly this much about Anthony, and that feelings for him are gone.

As a matter of fact, I never felt like this about any of my crushes before, but then I feel I'm blowing this out of proportion; it's nothing more than a stupid little crush that won't last.

The thing is, it's torturing me. I find myself trying to spend every chance I get with him, and when I'm not, I think about him. I want to tell him everything. I want to tell him things that even my closest friends don't know, things that I try to hide. I haven't even been friends with him for a very long time, I mean, we talked now and then, then we talked more, and then we sort of became friends this year.

I start to feel physically ill when I go to far into this whole situation. I'm so confused. I hate being confused, too. I always know... I always know what to do when it's my friends that need help. When it comes to me, I can't do anything because I'm so pathetically over-thinking.

I guess what I really want to know is what you think about my feelings and what I should do. I mean, I've had one of my friends(who's really good at doing this) offer to try and find out who he likes, and another friend offer another plan. She'd tell him I like him, and based on his reaction, I'd either freak out and say that I don't, or I'd tell him the truth. My only thing with the last thing is that I think he might see through it... I mean, I'm pretty sure he's narrowed it down to me being the center of everything. (Ya see, I tell one friend, but she ended up getting me to tell another friend who COULDN'T KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT and so on through my friends, where now, they will laugh when he walks in a room and ask him to take off his glasses[long story short, I'd give the world to anyone who could get his glasses off of him for 5 minutes]. So, now, he's asking me "What's so funny?" as I'm also the one NOT laughing.)

Any advice?

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

Sad.... I really can't think of any advice but to "follow your heart" *cue cheesy touchy-feely music*

On the bright side, at least it's not a hexagon.

Posted

It used to be. XP We just cut him out of it because they broke up...

Posted

lol. I'll bet he feels left out now.

You know, I once heard of a love dodecahedron. 'Twas quite nasty business. 13 of them died. It's very, very rare of course. Only 3 have happened in recorded history. Just be glad you're not, and probably never will be, in one of those.

(Bonus: What was wrong in the above paragraph?)

Posted

Yeah. A love pentagon. It's like watching a bad sitcom, but it's real.

I'm like that a lot. The thing is the girls act like they like me, and then get boyfriends. :cry: Really I have no advice though. Sorry.

Posted (edited)

A dodecahedron?!? O_o That is amazing if you can create a polyhedron out of love.

Anyway, This really doesn't seem to be a pentagon. Maybe it is. My chart shows otherwise.

Pentagon....bmp

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

Indeed.

Also iPods don't like downloading stuff.

Posted

Same with my computer... It won't load.

Never mind. That's confusing. :wacko: It could be worse.

Posted

I drew it a bit differently (and retardedly), but yeah, you have it pretty right, Chef. I'm friends with all of them, but the ones actually involved with figuring this out are Alex, Marissa, and me(of course, the girls).

... This has given me one giant headache.

Posted

Yeah. I hate when you don't like someone anymore, and then you find you they like you. :( Wait that's never happend to me. Only the first thing I said because I'm unloved. :cry: Oh well it's not the end of the world.

I stand corrected. Anyway I hope it gets better.

Posted

Sorry for anyone that has troubles with the download. I can't save it any other way because Windows is being weird at images.

on topic:I hope this can be figured out. I wouldn't want to see a sad CG. D=

These sorts of things never really happen to me.(Though a triangle occurred with CO recently)

Posted

Hehe, gotta love those hormones.

I'm in a similar situation, sort of. As in, I still like my ex, who likes her ex and may still like me (me and her other ex are basically the same person, only I'm younger) but she isn't sure. Her old ex isn't sure what he feels because he's so busy figuring out what to do for college (he's a senior). At the same time, an old crush of mine seems to have adopted feelings for me, and her old crush has taken up feelings for her, and pretty much everybody has adopted feelings for him.

So, from my experienced viewpoint...I haven't the slightest idea what the best course of action would be in your situation. It's interesting how the same hormones that start these situations make them so difficult to work out, don't you think?

I guess I'll make a diagram, as that seems to to be the trend.

Posted

I gave her a "to do" list. After she figures out the two things I told her to find out, I'll have this all solved.

Posted

Ok, I only read to the last paragraph because I don't have time, but I understand completely what's going on between you and Devin. I've got the same thing going on, myself.

Just hang in there. I don't know what other advice I can offer you, because, like I said, I'm in the same situation. Time will tell.

Posted

Ryu, I don't think these things are quite as simple as that. There isn't an equation you can put these things into and get the right answer. People are unsure creatures, especially in situations regarding social interaction.

If you know what you're doing, though, go ahead and give it a try.