Another Old Relationship Problem

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That is some predicament you have thar. I, on the other hand, couldn't possibly get into such a situation because I'm almost totally apathetic to this, 'love' of which you seem to be speaking. I couldn't offer any other advice but to tell him, but that's obvious and, as you said, it's not that simple. Anyway, I hope all of this gets sorted out and you can move on with or without Devin.

Edit: All I can say is that I hope you'll be happy in the end, which I'm sure you will be. :)

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Well... Allow me to update.

1. Anthony and Marissa are now going out.

2. A kid named Scott likes me.

3. Devin apparently does NOT like me.

Devin walks up to me in near the end of third period; he says, "Ask Kristina what she said to me! Oh, are you gonna beat her up?! Can I watch?!(He's a little ball of energy, I tell ya...)"

So, when I hurry out of the classroom to catch Kristina before she passes my class up(With Devin following me... jumping up and down, really), based on her fearful reaction, I had an idea of what she said.

"What did you say to Devin?!"

"Oh, she's gonna get it now..."

"Nothing! Shut up!"

"WHAT did you say to him?!"

After many shouts and hood grabbings, she tells me, "I asked him if he liked you..."

"WHAT?!*cue stares*"

"That's not all she said! She kept asking 'Are you suuuure?'"

"Shut up!"

"What else did you say?!"

Chasing, threatening, clawing, a class period, and stares later...

"I asked him if he would go out with you- DON'T KILL ME."

"..."

"So... you're NOT going to ki-"

"...You did WHAT?!*cue echo*"

So, yeah. I had to play it off and hope that he believed me. He was waiting for me at the lunch tray return, or something.

"Did she tell you the other thing?"

"Yes."

"Did you beat her up?"

"Yep."

"Awesome!"

"That's what she gets for lying."

So, yeah. Now, I have to ever lasting urge to find out WHO Devin likes... I can't help but think that if I at least KNEW, I'd be at some resting point. What made it worse, though, was Devin actually asked me out FOR Scott, so, yeah... I felt bad about it, not just for me, but for him. I barely know the boy, but he's really kind(and it was pretty obvious he liked me).

Let me try to re-sort this...

Scott ~> me ~> Devin (MAYBE)~> Marissa ~> <~ Anthony <~ Alex

So, yeah. Two down, at least. Also, now I know, I guess.

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

:< Looks like alot is going on, eh? Damn. Oh well, things seem to be clearing up a little at least.

You need 3 karma points.

Posted

Well, if you are clear on this Devin not liking you, and you know this Scott does like you, then I say you should give Scott a try. If you can't get over Devin (based on what you said you felt towards him earlier), well, try, because if he doesn't like you back, chances are, he probably never will, but there is always the chance that he might. I say go with Scott, give him a try, see how you like him.

I had the same feelings for two girls. One I knew during all three years of Intermediate School. The other I knew last year and still know. Now, no matter how much you think about that Devin, based upon my experiences, if you find someone else who actually likes you, and you see that you can indeed like them back and do, no matter how much you may like Devin, based upon my experience with those two girls, you will get over Devin. Of course, I could be wrong, but hopefully not.

I am actually still not over those two (well, the one from Intermediate School I am for I don't see her any more, but the other I'm not. Actually, for the one I currently know, I'd say my feelings for her are stronger than those you described for you Devin. Hm...), but that's because I couldn't find anyone else who would like me (except one, but that didn't last very long...*sighs*...), and still can't.

Anyways, I say you should give Scott a try and also try to get over this Devin. Trust me, if you find out that a person you liked does not like you back, and another does, it's easy to get over the one who does not like you back. At least, it was for me. Until it ended. After one day...*grumble grumble*...

So yeah, best of luck with this situation!!!

Posted

My current love situation is currently a dotted line. Any relationship is merely theoretical. I can't date yet. -____-

Posted (edited)

VX, my only problem with that is that it has a falseness to it... I don't want to lead anyone on. Scott's nice and everything, but I just don't like him in that sense. It also has a sense of giving up, to me, at least. I want to be with who I'm happy with... and right now that's not with Scott, and apparently not with Devin. I don't have any hard feelings towards him, and I'll continue to be his friend. However he needs me, ya know?

I feel like some retarded, cheesy teenage soap opera. :P

UGH. This is messing with my HEAD. I'm typoing in everything and CAN'T FOCUS. I mean, I haven't done something this stupid in FOREVER... In my math class, h does NOT equal DD! The little, annoying, funny, ball of energy... He makes me feel GIRLIE. Ffff, I'm not a girlie girl... It bothers me how... vulnerable I feel anymore.

Posted

Yeah...... lol.

Annnnnyyywaaaayys.... I hope you find someone you like for sure. (Same goes for me..... :/)

Posted

I troubling situation indeed. Hm...Well, at least you can take comfort in the fact that other people (even people posting in this very topic) have (a) problem(s) just as problematic as this one or maybe even more, meaning you're not alone. Right? Hm...

Posted (edited)

Yeah, that does make me feel a bit better. I'm not completely alone...

I just made a new diagram, and on the computer for you guys. It is... unshapeable anymore. :P

Bow to the retardedness of my mouse writing.

Love... Some Kind of Group of Lines

Those are code names. XD I forgot about those...

Pizza Man - Devin

AK - Marissa

Bob - Anthony

Fred - Alex

Scott is... Scott because I can't think of a name for him.

Posted (edited)

Ryu, I don't think these things are quite as simple as that. There isn't an equation you can put these things into and get the right answer. People are unsure creatures, especially in situations regarding social interaction.

If you know what you're doing, though, go ahead and give it a try.

There's always a simple solution. I just have to find it. Problems like this are a bit more complicated, but I was recently in a triangle, so I kinda know what Im doing. Lol.

Edit: All I can say is that I hope you'll be happy in the end, which I'm sure you will be. :)

Meh... She'll end up in a ball under her chair if she doesn't end up happy. If she does become happy, as Im trying to make her, she won't shut up for... 'calculates' around a week before she starts to calm down.

Okay, this just got THIS-----------------------------------> more complicated. Dangit...

Back to the drawing bored T_T

Sigh...

I KNOW I CAN DO THIS.

EDIT: Okay, I think I hae this figured out. Slightly difficult for both Alex and You, but otherwise I think I got it.

Kill Marissa, and make Alex tell Anthony she likes him, then tell Devin how you feel, and tell Scott you just want to be friends, and then send somebody to assassinate him. [end joke]

Seriousness.

If things are to work out perfectly, and everybody be happy, this is how it has to play out.

[begin serious and logicality] Kitty, you have to tell Scott you don't like him like that, and you just want to be good friends, then you have to find out if Devin for sure likes Marissa, if so, make him forget it. If not, then perfect. If not: Tell him how you feel one day, and just leave it at that, then wait it out and see what happens.

With Alex it's more difficult, as the guy she likes(Anthony) is currenty in a relationship, no? She would have to wait, bide her time, If how you've talked about Marissa is true, then they won't last long anyways. Then she HAS to tell Anthony she likes him.[end seriousness and logicality]

If that works, I might have a heart attack, or something.

I know it may be difficult, but that's how it has to be. I've thought it over multiple times, and made several notes, if anybody's gonna come out of this happy, it has to go like that. I can come of with several other options, but that results in a few broken hearts. Possibly...

POOR RICK.

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

You're talking about the old, pre-personality development CG there. I might be happy for a while, but I'm not curling up into an emo ball anymore. XD

Posted (edited)

Those are just lines. Arrows would make it easier to follow. :/

Edit: Yes, I know you're emotionally distraught, but you could at least put some effort into your diagrams, hmm?

Of course I'm kidding.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

XD I guess arrows would've been better. I was never one for arrows... that's why I color code everything.

EDIT(To Ryu): First off, I think Devin told Scott that already, but I'll check.

Second, you aren't giving Marissa enough credit. She was LITERALLY bouncing around after Anthony asked her out.

Third, Alex as hired me to tell Anthony anyway.

Fourth, I know I've gotta tell him... I've never told anyone face to face that I like them, though. I know Devin's the type of guy who wouldn't really let that get in the way of a friendship... I just need to wait for a while after the whole explosion today. I may not get a chance to tell him again after next Friday, though... So... I'm trying. I really am. As are the rest of us...

Posted

Well Alex's case is more difficult than I thought. But not by much.. IF MarissaxAnthony works out, she's not gonna be happy... IF it doesn't, then she will be, and SHE has to be the one to tell him. NO MORE TELLING PEOPLE FOR OTHER PEOPLE KITTY. IT RUINS IT ALL. In some cases... and, IF Anthony doesn't like her some time after he and Marissa break up, IF that happens. Then she's not gonna be happy, AT ALL.

Basically, Alex is screwed. Metaphorically speaking.

Posted

Yeah... I know. I really do feel bad for her.

cdgjbkjdfkb Ffff, fine. I'll let her be the one to hire an assassin, though. XD

So... yeah. Alex is dealing pretty well. She's just happy that Anthony is happy, and she's training herself to not be totally dependent on him. She's doing really well, actually.