K.

Have fun :zelda:

Posted

Yeah, see you, Dustin.

Posted

... :|

And man... is this a joke? I hope so... :o

Posted

Ok, Rain, why are you using your multi accounts?

And maybe what he means is he's taking a break. Everyone needs a break eventually.

Posted (edited)

Oh Dustin. You forgot a few flaws to this charade.

1.You didn't leave demands for a strike

2.I think there is a rule about not posting "I'm Leaving" topics without a description or anything :/

3.There is a nice handy dandy Topic for people that my be going or arriving. (Thought I would just go and mention this for you Tappy)

Besides you have done this enough times within my time here, so it is apparent you are just joking (or are just going on break.) I think I might see the "problem"

Though if there is that small chance that you really are on strike, then why so?

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

[23:53] <SirJoshizzle> Everything alright?

[23:53] <SirJoshizzle> Or more like, what isn't?

[23:54] <Dustin> uh, the site sucks? I work on it nonstop and no one appreciates it? most of the staff is dead weight?

[23:54] <Dustin> I keep asking for site help and people won't help? forum is full of idiots?

[23:54] <SirJoshizzle> Anything new?

[23:55] <Dustin> no

[23:55] <Dustin> I've snapped though

[23:55] <Dustin> last time I got like this I deleted the site for years

[23:55] <Dustin> >:(

[23:55] <Dustin> there's no reward for running it

[23:55] <SirJoshizzle> I've heard.

[23:55] <Dustin> except losing money

[23:55] <Dustin> and time

[23:55] <Dustin> and stress

Everything he said really is true. More than half the forum is filled with horribly illiterate people like YLA, trolls like Figurehead, and idiots who have conversations pretty much with themselves like Tetrainkolpian (your multiple accounts were all banned, by the way. You're welcome). The only appointed staff members who hardly do anything for the site anymore are Dustin, Arctic, Tappy and myself. Help was repeatedly asked. Those who volunteered never followed through with their promise and ended up idling after becoming a staffer.

And you ask why he's going on strike.

Posted

:(

Posted

But I like this place. :(

Posted

But Dustin..... We love you... D:

Posted (edited)

Everything he said really is true. More than half the forum is filled with horribly illiterate people like YLA, trolls like Figurehead, and idiots who have conversations pretty much with themselves like Tetrainkolpian (your multiple accounts were all banned, by the way. You're welcome). The only appointed staff members who hardly do anything for the site anymore are Dustin, Arctic, Tappy and myself. Help was repeatedly asked. Those who volunteered never followed through with their promise and ended up idling after becoming a staffer.

What are you talking about? I am not illiterate. Illiterate people can't, read, or type properly, and I sir, can type properly.. I'm the best in my grade as a matter of fact.

Edited by Young Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

The fact of the matter, Young Link Addict, is that Dustin is getting tired of the trolls and feeling unappreciated with it. I have the same issue when I run Zelda Temple, the affiliate of Hyrule.net.

If Dustin ever reads this, please note I know how you feel a bit, and I wanna help if possible. Remember, running a Zelda Site is not like a job and you should treat it just as a hobby or something. Some advice that probably sucks, but you shouldn't really give up on Hyrule.net.

I like Hyrule.net, even though I don't post on the forums. I like reading up on information here. Hell I come here more often than The Hylia or IGN for any information.

Please don't give up...

If I can help in anyway, tell me please?

Posted

I help with what I can. I give ideas(that's pretty much all I can do), I write reviews when I can.

Posted

and idiots who have conversations pretty much with themselves like Tetrainkolpian (your multiple accounts were all banned, by the way. You're welcome).

I was actually having a conversation with Paddymac, who has bypass his IP ban, and I was simply alternating between my accounts throughout the conversation.

You obviously don't check IPs.

Posted

If Dustin wants to leave and possibly shut down the forum, that's his decision, and I'm perfectly fine with that. It's his forum, and his money goes into it. There are idiots in this forum who are irritating, not going to name anyone, and it's understandable why he would eventually snap.

This has been a great forum, and I love hanging out here. It's got a great community, aside from some irritating people, and it's just fun to come to. However, this is Dustin's decision. I'm going to respect that and not be a problem to him, because he's obviously had enough annoyance already.