Freezing Wii's!

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

About 2 weeks ago, my brother bought me The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess (Wii version) for my Birthday. I'm all happy and everything and when I get home, I go straight to my Wii, turn it on, insert the disc and go to Wii menu. About 3 seconds later, it freezes. My first thought was "Ok, I must have bumped it when it was turning on". So I turned it off and back on again. It froze again. I tried this about 7-10 times and with the same result. :angry: I know that it's not the Legend of Zelda disc because I tried using other discs also.

Has this happened to you and if it has what did you do to fix it?

Edited by Zelda Drottningu (see edit history)

Posted

"Ok, I must of bumped it when it was turning on".

:|

Posted

Only once. Then I unplugged my Wii and it worked again. I don't know what to tell you though.

Posted

You'll probably need to send it in for repair. When I got my Wii any game inserted would automatically eject. You have no idea how frustrating that was, waiting forever for the release date, only to have it malfunction the moment you getf it home (then again maybe you do).

Posted

Try unplugging it, waiting thirty minutes, and retrying it. If that doesn't work, then you probably have a faulty disk drive.

Posted

It's never happened to me; I look after my things.

Posted

^ Same.

I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry. :'(

Posted

About 2 weeks ago, my brother bought me The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess (Wii version) for my Birthday. I'm all happy and everything and when I get home, I go straight to my Wii, turn it on, insert the disc and go to Wii menu. About 3 seconds later, it freezes. My first thought was "Ok, I must have bumped it when it was turning on". So I turned it off and back on again. It froze again. I tried this about 7-10 times and with the same result. :angry: I know that it's not the Legend of Zelda disc because I tried using other discs also.

Has this happened to you and if it has what did you do to fix it?

This will probably help:

Only once. Then I unplugged my Wii and it worked again. I don't know what to tell you though.

-

Try unplugging it, waiting thirty minutes, and retrying it. If that doesn't work, then you probably have a faulty disk drive.

If not,

You might try to turn your Wii side ways. (Not in the stand.)

Or that it is not overheated.

Maybe you IOS30 is damaged? or System menu?

Try to boot with a Homebrew application as Gecko OS. (If you don't know how to do this, please wait for my Homebrew topic coming up.)

It also can have a problem with reading the opening.bnr...

Your Wii doesn't freeze if you don't have a Disc in it...?

Does it also freeze if you have a Gamecube disc in it?

Or send it to Nintendo for repair...

Posted

Holy crap, seriously? You didn't even need to plug it back in?!

Wow.

Posted

^Was that really not implyed that I plugged it back in?

Posted

It's never happened to me; I look after my things.

What!? are you trying to tell me that I don't look after my things. I have had a PS2 for 7 years and a Nintendo 64 for 9 1/2 years. Not to mention that they both still work!! :angry:

Posted

idk

Posted

Only helping Members:

Young Link Addict

The Doctor

Aethix

Adr990 (me)

The rest, go help.

Or just don't post... :/

It's just really lame...

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

I don't really see how your post really helps in this situation adr basically you quoted people that posted in this topic before you and you mention to try homebrew but you shouldn't have to do that even though I doubt this would change anything... anything to get people to go homebrew...

Games Freeze

Occasional lockups with video games can happen from time-to-time and do not necessarily indicate a need for repair or replacement. If you are experiencing frequent lockups, or a particular game always locks up in the same area, please see the information below.

# Make sure you are using only licensed accessories. Unlicensed products and accessories do not undergo Nintendo's testing and evaluation process. They may not work at all with our game systems, and they may have compatibility problems with certain games or accessories.

# If a game freezes while playing, usually the power, reset, and eject buttons will not respond. Try unplugging the AC Adapter from the back of the console, then check the air vents to make sure they're not being blocked.

If the information listed above did not help, please select from the links below so that we may help narrow the problem. How many games are regularly "freezing"?

Problems with some games (not all)

# Are you able to play one type of Game Disc but not another (for example, you can play Wii Game Discs but not Nintendo GameCube Game Discs)? If so, then it is likely there is a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

# Check the bottom of the Game Disc (the side without any labels or writing) for any dirt or damage (such as cracks, scratches, etc.).

* If the games look significantly damaged, such as with scratches or cracks, it will need to be replaced. Please click here for our Game Disc replacement options.

* If the game looks dirty (fingerprints, smudges), try cleaning the Game Discs by clicking here. If the problem persists, the Game Discs will need to be replaced. Please click here for our Game Disc replacement options.

If the above information does not solve your problem, then it appears there is a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...iscs.jsp#freeze

Edited by Tappy (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Well, it really would help... it's true... :/

And IOS's and System Menu's talk are from Nintendo...

Nagh,

Anyways... Sell / trade the Wii to someone who likes to have a older Wii chip set. (A.k.a Older Boot1/2 version)

Or send it up to Nintendo.

(In cease you don't want to repair it your self. )

Edited by Adr990 (see edit history)