Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Babelfish Game

20 posts in this topic

Posted

This game is simple, just go to babelfish:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Write a stupid sentence, translate in Japanese and retranslate it in English and see the weird results.

I have many scales for sale, would you like to have the fruit? --> Many scales for selling, like the fact that the fruit is eaten in me, it is?

gogogo

Posted

I get really stupid number-boxes. Why?

Posted

It's probably your lousy browser choice. Or your computer. Works fine for me.

I use Firefox, and I am sure that you should see this page. However, you might not, in which case, there is not much point in continued posting in my thread.

私はFirefoxを使用し、このページを見るべきであることを確かめる。 但し、私の糸の継続的だった投稿に多くのポイントがなければ、かもしれなかった。

It verifies that I use Firefox, at this page should be looked. However, there are no many points in the contribution where my thread is continuous, it caused and the [re] was not.

Posted

Im using firefox. I still see number boxes.

Posted

I cannot imagine what the problem might be then, sorry.

私は残念問題がであるかもしれないそれからもの想像できない。

Perhaps, me is regrettable problem, then the thing you cannot imagine.

Posted

"I walked, passing by the valley of dead phase, like the chicken met to the cookie which you spoke."

I originally had said,

"As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I saw a cookie talking to a chicken."

Lol that's awesome.

Posted

Original Sentence: "I like lemons and lime, but I also enjoy to eat lemon pie and lime pie, and don't forget about limeade and lemonade!"

Translated To Japanese, Then Back To English Sentence: "I like the lemon and the lime, but lemon pie and lime pie, and don' And it enjoys in order to eat; You forget t concerning limeade and the lemonade!"

Posted (edited)

my original sentence was "rolling on floor laughing out loud"

my translation was "The trundle is smiling loudly floor"

the first thing rain said translates like so "This competition is simple, goes to babelfish: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ writes a stupid sentence, translates in the Japanese, and translates it to use English and looks at the strange result. I have many scales to treat sell, you want the edible fruit? --> Sells, looks like the fact fruit to eat in me, its many scales are? gogogo

Edited by real link (see edit history)

Posted

Go to your Control Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, click options, click Language and Regional Options, check the box that says Install files for East Asia languages, then press OK.

Incidentally, if you use Firefox, then the number boxes are what are displayed when it tries to load up a character that's unfamiliar. While my version of Windows won't let me download the East Asian language pack, I still can see the Japanese Hiragana "u". It's p. weird. In Internet Explorer, I believe it's just plain boxes.

あなたのコントロールパネル、かちりと言う音の日付、時間、言語に行けば、地方選択、かちりと言う音の選択のかちりと言う音の言語および地方選択は、取付けたり東アジアの言語のためのファイルを、そして良く押す言う箱を点検する。偶然Firefoxを使用したら、特性that'に荷を積むことを試みるときそして番号ボックス表示されるものがありなさい; 不慣れなs。 Windows won'の私の版間; tはまだ私が私ことができる日本の平仮名の"を見る東アジアの言語パックをダウンロードすることを可能にした; u"。 It' 不可解なs p。 Internet Explorerでは、私はit'を信じる; sのちょうど明白な箱。

If date of the sound, dust, time, it goes to language, you inspect the box where as for language and local selection of the sound, dust, you install and/or and pushes the file for east Asian language, well and says your control panel, whether local selection, whether whether selection of the sound, dust. Accidentally when you use Firefox, quality that' When trying the fact that the load is stacked and the number box be some which are indicated; Inexperienced s. Windows won' Between my editions; " of the Japanese hiragana where as for t me it can my thing still; It made that the east Asian is seen language pack is downloaded possible; u" . It' Incomprehensible s p. With Internet Explorer, as for me it' It believes; Exactly the clear box of s.

Posted

Oh, I do this all the time. Engrish is not a language that I want to use sometimes, so it might be better to just hold a revolver to SJs temple and tell him to read out your japanese text in English like that.

It saves some errors.

->

Well, I do this always. You think Engrish that I occasionally would like to use, therefore it is not the language perhaps you grasp the revolver exactly in the temple of SJs, that way that your Japanese of English text is read, as for saying to him you are good. That rescues a certain mistake.

ha! That was funny.

This is really fun with long passages of text. Maybe because of the huge grammatical differences between Japanese and English. And the fact that we use some particular fallacies, meaningless in Japanese affects the whole thing?

->

ha! That was strange. This is the pleasure with the road where really the text is long. Perhaps Japanese and English being enormous, because of the grammatical difference. Does meaningless fact produce effect entirely entirely with Japanese that and you use the error of the specification which has us?

Posted

As for me I whom her it can point my friend, am hated unpleasantly

Original: I hate my friend, she makes me uncomfortable.

lol

Posted

Original: When god gives you lemons, you find a new god.

After: When God gives the lemon, new God is found.

Posted

The friend or, is small to Tappy, hee of the tea

Original: Tappy has no friends and is small, tee hee

Posted

Always attaches the former times don' Ronald MaDONALD surface paint to the body to be, how concerning him didn' Dissatisfaction was said mentally is challenged the norm which; t receives the salary sufficiently in the hole which that work for Massachusetts city is dug.

Original:

Once upon a time there was a mentally challenged gnome who wore Ronald McDonald face paint and always complained about how he didn't get paid enough at his job digging holes for the city of Massachusetts.

Posted

And me don' which telephoned; With you ignored; As for t me we' You said; Rather than now it re-forces from this and is wrong and it seems the way with that year is made to revive, still it is in order to commute and still like loneliness, being moved, I don' which is exchanged with this well; If like this it does that, believes t and as for me I' which can look at the fear of your eye; That as for ve which is seen rather than it materializes growing, as for strong everyday me don' which can inquire about that I who can look at that turned to the stone as you say still clearly; t, don' As for me who me, 2 weeks abandon t, escape don' You have remembered; To the lie couldn' of my t; That me who look at that it does not mean that method swears that I do not abandon you under any condition we wanted t for the second time for the reliance and fear of the illusion which takes brick that by the brick, none exists, but you thought of that you still destroy that it is suitable, and still like loneliness, rather than being moved, I don' which is exchanged with this well; If like this it does that, believes t and as for me I' which can look at the fear of your eye; That as for ve which is seen rather than it materializes growing, strong every day

WHAT THE FSCK. This is the original, right here:

and you neglected I called you out don't please

I said we're stronger than this now

you resurrected mistakes years past it seemed

and they exist to still haunt you

and still you feel like the loneliness

is better replaced by this

I don't believe it this way

and I can see the fear in your eyes

I've seen it materialize

Growing stronger each day

I could see it as you turned to stone