Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iwata: Miyamoto "is not God"

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Just an interesting news story of the day: At Nintendo's investor briefing, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has said "The games [Shigeru Miyamoto] has worked on have a high batting average to produce big hits. However, he is not God. Even Miyamoto himself cannot hit the mark every time nor always predict how long it takes to complete development." There's quite a lot of examples of the second case ("it'll be done when it's ready") although maybe fewer cases of missing the mark.

------

"He is just another human being, so it is not possible that every single idea contained in these software was the sole creation of Shigeru Miyamoto," said Iwata, obviously willing to give credit to everyone else who has worked on those games, as they deserve.

I guess we'll see come judgement day...

Posted

So he [i]isn't[/i] God?

This is breaking news indeed.

Posted

He...Isn't...God?

Everything I thought I knew about the universe is just...wrong :blinky:

Although, Iwata does have a point. Miyamoto isn't the only one behind these games and there are other people who deserve credit as well.

Posted

[size=5][b]BLASPHEMY![/b][/size]

Seriously though, Miyamoto is a lot better than, oh, [i]everybody else[/i] working at Nintendo. He pretty much made Nintendo.

Posted

Blaspheme, he is so God!

Posted

From now on he is my God. Seriously though he's that awesome.

Posted

Sounds like Iwata is feeling a little under-appreciated. He has been in charge of some very amazing games. Miyamoto is an amazing guy, but true he is far from perfect. Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass are two recent examples. Also, Wii Music? WTF Nintendo?

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='222693' date='May 22 2009, 05:31 PM']Sounds like Iwata is feeling a little under-appreciated. He has been in charge of some very amazing games. Miyamoto is an amazing guy, but true he is far from perfect. Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass are two recent examples. Also, Wii Music? WTF Nintendo?[/quote]

Don't forget the soon-to-come-out "Wii Stretching"!!!

jk (obviously)

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='222693' date='May 22 2009, 05:31 PM']Sounds like Iwata is feeling a little under-appreciated. He has been in charge of some very amazing games. Miyamoto is an amazing guy, but true he is far from perfect. Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass are two recent examples. Also, Wii Music? WTF Nintendo?[/quote]
Don't forget Wind Waker. Although PH is worse than WW. Don't ask how that's possible. I didn't even think it was possible.

Posted

I liked Wind Waker, it was one of my favorites, so that's why I didn't include it.

Posted

YLA, WW was the greatest Zelda game ever. Look deep, deep inside yourself, and I mean really deep, and you will see a little cel-shaded fan-boy with big, adorable cat-like eyes just waiting to be freed from it's prison.

[i]Be free......[/i]

Posted

Let me clear something up here, because the way I talk about TP and PH makes it seem like I hate the games. I very much like both games, I thought they were great. My issue with them is I don't think they live up to past Zelda game standards, and I also think Nintendo made them with the "casual" gamers in mind. They weren't difficult games. They seemed to me as a way for people new to Zelda to get into it. I'm fine with people wanting to get into Zelda games, but Nintendo has forgotten what "hardcore" means. They think that just by releasing a Zelda game, they are appealing to their "hardcore" crowd. But that isn't true. The "hardcore" crowd wants a difficult, engrossing, spectacular Zelda. Nintendo needs to realize this. Metroid and Mario are the only two series that haven't been dumbed down for the stupid "casual" gamers.

Basically, don't hate the game, hate the developers. Nintendo, get your ass in gear and make a true hardcore Zelda. Spirit Tracks? Damn.

YLA: Wind Waker was a harcore Zelda. The quality put into the game is amazing, you can tell Miyamoto's heart went into the game. I didn't get that with TP or PH.

Posted

^ Absolutely, 100%, IN-DEED.

Posted

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='222713' date='May 22 2009, 06:18 PM']YLA, WW was the greatest Zelda game ever. Look deep, deep inside yourself, and I mean really deep, and you will see a little cel-shaded fan-boy with big, adorable cat-like eyes just waiting to be freed from it's prison.

[i]Be free......[/i][/quote]
:lol: I can't stop laughing.

Also deep deep, deep, deep inside of my self is the though of LoZ WW, but with blood, and gore. Then Link dies when he runs out of blood. I would play that and die on purpose.

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='222715' date='May 22 2009, 06:28 PM']Let me clear something up here, because the way I talk about TP and PH makes it seem like I hate the games. I very much like both games, I thought they were great. My issue with them is I don't think they live up to past Zelda game standards, and I also think Nintendo made them with the "casual" gamers in mind. They weren't difficult games. They seemed to me as a way for people new to Zelda to get into it. I'm fine with people wanting to get into Zelda games, but Nintendo has forgotten what "hardcore" means. They think that just by releasing a Zelda game, they are appealing to their "hardcore" crowd. But that isn't true. The "hardcore" crowd wants a difficult, engrossing, spectacular Zelda. Nintendo needs to realize this. Metroid and Mario are the only two series that haven't been dumbed down for the stupid "casual" gamers.

Basically, don't hate the game, hate the developers. Nintendo, get your ass in gear and make a true hardcore Zelda. Spirit Tracks? Damn.

YLA: Wind Waker was a harcore Zelda. The quality put into the game is amazing, you can tell Miyamoto's heart went into the game. I didn't get that with TP or PH.[/quote]
It's not that I hate Wind Waker it's just that I hate... Um. Never mind I don't know. Maybe I really hate Wind Waker for no good reasons besides the fact that it gives me headaches.

Also I found TP to be better than WW more story wise. Even though I didn't pay that much attention to the story in TP I still got most of it. Also I lost my attention to pay attention to Wind Waker after I got stuck, but the only thing I missed was the where the king flooded Hyrule, but yet I remember it, and I'm going to shut up now because your all going to complain about this post enough without me rambling on anymore.

Posted

TP was indeed disappointing. Very disappointing. I actually haven't finished PH yet.