Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suicide

132 posts in this topic

Posted

When it comes to suicide, I have a simple phrase for it:

"A permanent solution to a most likely temporary problem."

Posted

It's a very sad and heavy subject. A good friend of mine killed himself, almost a year ago now. My girlfriend almost died in a pretty bloody suicide attempt some years ago. So yeah, it's pretty personal for me. I think every human thinks about killing himself once in a while though, some just take it a step further, for various reasons.

Posted

Most reasons for suicide aren't very good reasons, as they could eventually be solved or fixed with enough effort. I can't think of any good reason, besides maybe paralysis or something that completely disrupts your daily life and makes it hell.

Posted

When it comes to suicide, I have a simple phrase for it:

"A permanent solution to a most likely temporary problem."

That, I think, is the best summary of suicide I have ever heard.

Posted

Suicide I dont think people should do it at all you just throw your life away over something trival or big.even if you have no family you should still move on you can still have friends have fun relax enjoy stuff etc life may be a whole lot less enjoyable but its still better to move on then kill yourself and not finish life and do something maybe be a someone if you think nobody cares since I think thats alot better ten death.

Posted

Most reasons for suicide aren't very good reasons, as they could eventually be solved or fixed with enough effort. I can't think of any good reason, besides maybe paralysis or something that completely disrupts your daily life and makes it hell.

If you suffer from heavy trauma, depressions etc. etc. you wouldn't say the same thing.

Posted

Maybe I would, or maybe I wouldn't. Who can say? All I can give is the opinion and beliefs that I have now.

Posted

Maybe I would, or maybe I wouldn't. Who can say? All I can give is the opinion and beliefs that I have now.

But if you haven't been suicidal, you don't know how it is, and therefore can't judge it. It's like saying gays don't exist, just because you're straight.

Posted

You're correct, it isn't my place to judge. However, it doesn't change my opinion. My God teaches that life is sacred, and that's what I believe. Hardships come around all the time, yet most people don't commit suicide. I've seen some people go through some pretty rough things, and they were still praising God. It's all willpower and faith, I guess. Mind over matter.

Posted

You're correct, it isn't my place to judge. However, it doesn't change my opinion. My God teaches that life is sacred, and that's what I believe. Hardships come around all the time, yet most people don't commit suicide. I've seen some people go through some pretty rough things, and they were still praising God. It's all willpower and faith, I guess. Mind over matter.

Please, "God" has nothing to do with this... This is real life, not some fairytale, growing up with violence, rape and all kinds of poo would destroy a person, christian or not.

Posted

Well, I believe in God, and I believe He has everything to do with it.

Posted

Well, I believe in God, and I believe He has everything to do with it.

So, you can get raped and beaten all your life, as long as you love god, you'll be okey and avoid suicide? Bull.

Posted

What? I never said that.

News flash:

Humans are evil. We kill, lie, steal, rape, beat, and all other manner of terrible things.

Humans are weak. We give up, we lose, we fail, we sin, we drop out, we commit suicide when we can't hack it.

Like a wise man once said (the wisest one who ever lived, in fact) "Life is vanity." Everything we do, everything we strive for and put our hearts into dies. Our lives are like dust in the wind, and the world moves on like we never even existed. Reality is harsh, and you can nut up or not, it doesn't matter in the end. All I have to go on is my belief in God. Don't tell me God has nothing to do with it, when the only one who can possibly give us any vindication or justification for our puppyed up lives is Him.

I'm not saying that you'll avoid suicide if you believe in God, because you're still a human. You still mess up, regardless. I believe suicide is wrong and there isn't a good reason for it, but that won't stop people from doing it, will it? Hell, someday I may even commit suicide and prove myself wrong. That's why humans suck. That's why glory belongs to God, and not us.

Posted

What? I never said that.

News flash:

Humans are evil. We kill, lie, steal, rape, beat, and all other manner of terrible things.

Humans are weak. We give up, we lose, we fail, we sin, we drop out, we commit suicide when we can't hack it.

Like a wise man once said (the wisest one who ever lived, in fact) "Life is vanity." Everything we do, everything we strive for and put our hearts into dies. Our lives are like dust in the wind, and the world moves on like we never even existed. Reality is harsh, and you can nut up or not, it doesn't matter in the end. All I have to go on is my belief in God. Don't tell me God has nothing to do with it, when the only one who can possibly give us any vindication or justification for our puppyed up lives is Him.

I'm not saying that you'll avoid suicide if you believe in God, because you're still a human. You still mess up, regardless. I believe suicide is wrong and there isn't a good reason for it, but that won't stop people from doing it, will it? Hell, someday I may even commit suicide and prove myself wrong. That's why humans suck. That's why glory belongs to God, and not us.

Who the puppy is this God guy?

Posted

The Creator. The Alpha and Omega. Lord. Father. Savior. Yahweh. He's been called many names.