Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Suicide

132 posts in this topic

Posted

How come God lets people live such crappy lives that they kill themselves? If He is truly merciful, there'd be a lot more miracles and a lot less suffering.

Posted

The real question is why are people so crappy? We have free will, and for what? So people can complain that God doesn't do anything. Yeah, I guess you'd rather be a mindless puppet.

Posted

He could at least step in once in a while and HELP. He doesn't have to like, eleminate evil, just mend the wounds it's created.

Wtf am I talking about? I'm an atheist for crist's sake! (unintentional pun ftw!)

Posted

How do you know he isn't?

Posted

How do you know he isn't?

Have you been to south africa? or...crap I can't think of any other places.

Also, you didn't capitalize "He"

Posted

1) He shouldn't have.

2) Don't get me started on your typos Mr. "Crist".

Posted

Have you been to south africa? or...crap I can't think of any other places.

Yes, South Africa is going through hardships. Do you know who caused those hardships? Human beings, not God. In the Bible, God always had a reason for putting people through trials and tribulation, even if the person going through the rough time didn't see or understand the reason. If South Africa is going through a tough time because of God, there is a reason behind it that will eventually make itself known. However, most problems on earth are because of man. Take Israel for example, God's chosen people in the Old Testament. They were enslaved by the Egyptians. Was this God's fault? Did God tell the egyptians to enslave Israel? No, the egyptians were using their free will wrongly. What God did do was rescue Israel from their captivity through a man named Moses. I'm sure you've heard the story. Job is another good example. He goes through a terrible time, losing his wife, children, land, respect...everything. He even gets gross scabs and boils. God was testing him, letting him prove his faith. Job remained faithful despite being miserable, bitter, and angry, and God rewarded him with twice as much as he had before.

Posted

Why? It will just bring us back to the beginning. I'll say suicide is wrong, someone will chime in that it isn't, and we'll be off again.

Posted

God gave people free will. Some people abuse it. Most people don't. If God continuously intervened, we wouldn't have free will. Thus, God mostly leaves us to our own devices to ensure our freedom.

Posted

You know, you're one to talk about respect. I don't think I've ever seen you give it. I'm not forcing you to listen to anything, you have free will. Don't listen if it bothers you.

Posted

post-583-125076829612_thumb.png

Posted

Hahahaha. That's pretty good.

Posted

I'm not pissed off about god because it's fashionable in norway, I just hate the way Christians blame suicidal people for being suicidal, it's really all about where and when they grow up. And that's why I don't believe in God, because a lot of these people never really got that chance or oppurtunity to change their life.

sorry bout all the typos, i'm having a serious hangover

Posted

What's your problem? You don't know anything about where I come from.

Posted

I meant "I know what must be going through your mind".

I know about Norway.

Did you know? The paper clip was invented in Norway.

Did you know? I don't give a puppy. Stop trolling. Not on this topic, show some goddamn respect.