Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto wants to announce Zelda Wii next year

20 posts in this topic

Posted

At a small round table conference at E3, Shigeru Miyamoto has said that, while not revealing any information about it this year, has said that he wishes to announce Nintendo's Zelda Wii project next year.

At the roundtable he had a couple of pieces of concept art to show (which we probably won't be able to get ahold of), a late-teen/young adult version of link and a woman in a blue dress (presumably Zelda). He also said that he'd love the game to feature MotionPlus for swordplay and archery

------

Also at the roundtable, Miyamoto apologised for the lack of a new Pikmin game currently, that 90% of the levels in Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be completely new and hinted that New Super Mario Bros. Wii could be the first game to use Nintendo's new helper system.

Posted

I don't know what to think. After the announce of Spirit Tracks... I just don't care anymore. :( I will get the new Zelda Wii if it looks good, but I don't know. After the seeing the train in ST, it makes me worried that they will have a train in the new Zelda Wii. If they still want to modernize what else is changed?

Those are my only concerns right now. A train and over modernization. I mean what's next for Link? A car and a gun.

Posted

Silly! They'll have either A plane, or a hummer.

Posted

So their gonna make us sweat another year? DAMN them! But I guess you can't rush genius. Motionplus on the wiimote, probably means they'll use the wiimote for link's sword swing ala Twilight Princess.

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='224606' date='Jun 3 2009, 06:22 AM']I don't know what to think. After the announce of Spirit Tracks... I just don't care anymore. :( I will get the new Zelda Wii if it looks good, but I don't know. After the seeing the train in ST, it makes me worried that they will have a train in the new Zelda Wii. If they still want to modernize what else is changed?

Those are my only concerns right now. A train and over modernization. I mean what's next for Link? A car and a gun.[/quote]

I like the continued evolution of the series, of which I have been playing for years. I was playing zelda when you were shitting in your Huggies.

Posted

My concern is I heard the pictures were TP-esque. I would really prefer a new graphical style. Still, I'm not going to whine about something I haven't seen yet.

Now for a bit of useless speculation. I think the new game might take place mostly in the first person. It would be an interesting way to revamp the controls.

Posted

They probably don't want to show a trailer now as they'll have Goron Merchant complaining when nothing from the trailer makes it into the final game.

Posted

they aren't going to modernize Legend of Zelda! Even they know that is would completely crumble down the Legend of Zelda franchise. Look at other games and the little contraptions they always have. They are going to have bits and pieces as they advance in technology, but it will never modernize like you are all afraid of.

Anyway, Zelda Wii will be great! Would love to have a sequal type thing for Twilight Princess, graphics were good!

Posted

I'd like to see a "Twilight Princess" like take on Termina (Majora's Mask). Hyrule town looked awesome in TP compaired to OT. Just imagine how a redesigned Hyrule town, like Clocktown would look? A giant Big Ben like clock in the center, the town would be huge compared to it MM counterpart.

Posted

[font="Tahoma"][size=1]:( I don't think I can wait. I'm getting too old for this. Next year is college for me. I'll just try to beat TP and I think that's it.[/size][/font]

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='224621' date='Jun 3 2009, 06:09 AM']They probably don't want to show a trailer now as they'll have Goron Merchant complaining when nothing from the trailer makes it into the final game.[/quote]

Ha ha. Yep!

And I completely agree, the Doctor, TP = MM = Gangsta Face! Actually, I don't really care about the graphic style. TWW + MM = Just as awesome sauce. I just want to see Termina again. T_T

Posted

[quote name='The Doctor' post='224615' date='Jun 3 2009, 01:29 PM']Get over yourself moron. I like the continued evolution of the series, of which I have been playing for years. I was playing zelda when you were shitting in your Huggies.[/quote]
I couldn't have put my feelings about that post in better words myself.

Anyway, whatever. As long as it's released, I couldn't care less when it hits the shelves. It's not the centre of my universe, so I have other games to keep me entertained.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='224606' date='Jun 3 2009, 05:22 AM']After the seeing the train in ST, it makes me worried that they will have a train in the new Zelda Wii.[/quote]

[img]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5066/ignorance.png[/img]

[quote name='Gingerlink']They probably don't want to show a trailer now as they'll have Goron Merchant complaining when nothing from the trailer makes it into the final game.[/quote]

He's not the only one. :|
Why play screwy mind games with fans like that?
Put in the stuff that is awesome, or gtfo.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Alas Sir "I think YLA is always wrong" I do know what I'm talking about.

Posted

We've been over this before though and I know it even better having done more coding and stuff now myself, some things become unworkable/don't fit/don't add anything/just aren't any fun, so they end up getting cut. Simple as.

Posted

Haha. This game won't be so bad.

[url="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174564"]Proof![/url]

This is basicly what GL said, but with a picture.