Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Drumroll* Official Zelda Wii Artwork in high quality!

155 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmm... How does that work? o_O

Posted

Psychossis, you got it wrong.
Eiji said TP and WW were on opposite timelines. The timeline split at OoT, and in the timeline where Link ventured off into Termina during MM, TP occurred, while the one where Ganondorf was defeated and Hyrule Castle destroyed, WW took place.
OoT has two timelines-- you can't say one game is on both of them.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='psychosiss' post='225763' date='Jun 7 2009, 05:12 PM']Everyone keeps talking about the "Ape Head" on the wall. I think that everyone is over-analyzing this pic. It reminds me of when the 2nd trailer for TP came out, and everyone thought the moon in the closing scene had a face which would play a big part in the game, like Majora's Mask.[/quote]
If you look closely at a full moon in real life, it looks like there's a sad face in it.

...Off topic, but appropriate at the same time.

Posted

Now i havent read all the pages but it seems that im the only one who notices that Link is holding the shield in his LEFT hand..
Link is left handed and should therefore hold the shield in his right hand..
Seems suspicious :unsure:

Posted

NotLink, I think everyone noticed that already...
At least, I did.
It's probably so they're consistently using a right handed Link. When they mirrored TP for the Wii, they did so "so right handed gamers would feel more comfortable".
But it was wrong. Left handed gamers feel just fine handling a right handed Link, so there was really no point in the mirroring.
It's unnecessary to make Link right handed, so it's kind of a disappointment, but oh well, we have some info, right?
Sahaqiel

Posted

Could be just me thinkin too much about it but if I'm right I would be pretty pleased. I think it could be a prequel to Ocarina and the girl is the great fairy who creates the master sword. That would be a pretty awesome story line :n_n:

Posted

It's also just concept art so there's still hope for a leftie.

Posted

It's apparently in a totally different era.
Link has a shield and a sword(?) so I guess it's safe to assume it's not modern.
If it's a prequel to OoT, maybe we'll see one of those XVI generations of Zora King, or maybe disprove the notion Minish Cap is first, yes?
I'm pushing my luck.
But anyway, it's really interesting.
All these theories coming, not from Link himself, but the strange young woman behind him.
Sahaqiel

Posted

could be between minish and ocarina or before i dunno but i think it would be awesome to see the origins of the master sword

Posted

Minish Cap is not before Ocarina of Time.

And yes, it'd be cool to see its origins.
Sahaqiel

Posted

The ones who designed her, Figurehead.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='225902' date='Jun 8 2009, 04:59 AM']NotLink, I think everyone noticed that already...
At least, I did.
It's probably so they're consistently using a right handed Link. When they mirrored TP for the Wii, they did so "so right handed gamers would feel more comfortable".
But it was wrong. Left handed gamers feel just fine handling a right handed Link, so there was really no point in the mirroring.
It's unnecessary to make Link right handed, so it's kind of a disappointment, but oh well, we have some info, right?
Sahaqiel[/quote]
It'd be much easier with a setting, like the Wii Sports settings. TP was just flicking your wrist. Isn't this supposed to have Wii Motion Plus? In which case, more advanced swordplay? It was said that the Wii Sports Resort swordplay will be pretty much the same as Zelda Wii swordplay, so if it's right handed and ONLY right handed, I'm going to be pissed.
I'm sure more players would be pissed, as well. Link being a lefty was always a cool little detail about the series.

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='225967' date='Jun 8 2009, 01:53 PM']The ones who designed her, Figurehead.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

You could be wrong, you know.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='225990' date='Jun 8 2009, 04:37 PM']You could be wrong, you know.[/quote]
Well, a good portion of the Zelda community thinks so. Majority isn't always correct, but it usually is.
Like I said before, there's really no way to know until it's confirmed true or false by Nintendo.

Posted

Yes, but Sahaqiel is acting like he knows 100% sure that she is the sword.