Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Drumroll* Official Zelda Wii Artwork in high quality!

155 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Rain' post='225596' date='Jun 7 2009, 11:04 AM']But seriously, this game better be about the coming of the flood because I can't wait to see what paved the way for the greatest game of all time; The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker! :D[/quote]
It's called "Ocarina of Time".

Posted

Maybe it's to get us to buy Wii Sports Resort so that the new Zelda has better motion controls. :mellow:

Posted

I want Wii Sports Resort. It has sword fighting, sky diving, ect. It looks awesome.

Posted

Everyone keeps talking about the "Ape Head" on the wall. I think that everyone is over-analyzing this pic. It reminds me of when the 2nd trailer for TP came out, and everyone thought the moon in the closing scene had a face which would play a big part in the game, like Majora's Mask.
Maybe this concept is of him in a tribal temple somewhere. My question now, since we've established that she is the master sword, and possibly the fairy queen, What is this background? It looks like a hole in the wall from a bombing? Why is the place through the wall so firey? Link looks like he's about to get 3rd degree burns. Is it a fire temple? If so, then shouldn't he have on the red tunic?
Or maybe they just put him in front of a random background? That's always a possibility.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='225224' date='Jun 6 2009, 01:49 PM']^I'm afraid to ask, but in which sentence do you find me funny? I'm not kidding. I hate the game, I think Young Link is better so them calling that Link the Hero of Time is like a big "f you" to me. It's also adding insult to injury.[/quote]

[spoiler]It doesn't injure you, and your hating the game doesn't change the fact that every Link in the series has a 99.99% chance of being reincarnated from a previous Link and you have an ungodly bias and won't listen to reason when it presents itself to you. He [b]is[/b] the Hero of Time reborn, just like every other Link. Please gtfover it.[/spoiler]

Since her gem isn't gold, though, I'd think the Master Sword loses its power at some point. It could be in between the gap in OoT and WW, because the Master Sword DOES lose its power some way along the way, but no mention of the cause of the loss was mentioned in WW, nor was detailed history of the peoples' migrations and events or acts of Ganondorf leading up to it.
The only problem is fitting it into a logical area. Link would have to be pretty stealthy to go unnoticed.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Although the Master Sword could have lost it's power during that time, this game can't take place then. The intro for WW said there was no Link to stop Ganny from pwning Hyrule and the world being flooded. And I really doubt that this is a post flood game before Wind Waker.

Posted

Yeah, which is the problem I mentioned.

Maybe events in the same space of time on opposite timelines are similar?

Since OoT broke off into MM and TP, maybe ZW will be TP's WW, and the Master Sword lost its power there, too.
So many acronyms.
But you get what I'm saying, right?
Sahaqiel

Posted

You may want to look over that again. I think you're confusing acronyms a little bit....

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='225772' date='Jun 7 2009, 07:33 PM']The only problem is fitting it into a logical area. Link would have to be pretty stealthy to go unnoticed.
Sahaqiel[/quote]
Maybe time froze? Remember this in WW?

Posted

No, I mean, TP and the Great Flood are on opposite timelines but in the same moment of time, so maybe Zelda Wii is like Wind Waker's timeline's catastrophe that caused the Master Sword to lose power.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I thought both MM and TP were in the Child Timeline....

Edit: Ah.... I see what you mean now. Perhaps....

Posted

I thought that TP and WW took place at the same time, so Ganondorf lost his power in TP at the same time Ganondorf lost the triforce of power in WW to complete the triforce.

Posted

Hmmm.... Interesting theory....

Posted

It could, but I don't know.
I'm too tired to think too deeply into this.
But the concept is just so exciting. There isn't a word yet to describe how I feel.
I think it will start with a p.
Sahaqiel

Posted

In an old interview that took place while demoing TP, Aunoma stated that TP took place a few decades after OoT and a few hundred years before WW. OoT and TP are on the same timeline.