Here's something interesting

29 posts in this topic

Posted

A fatalist, I see.

Yeah, my current view is that there really isn't that much I can do right now. So, I'll just go with the flow and see what happens, as I can't change the scenario at this time.

Posted

A fatalist, I see.

Fatalist? I never even knew that was a type of religion as it were. Oh well, I take a lot of beliefs from many places.

Posted

It's more of a philosophy than a religion. Also...

zoom-1024x540.jpg

Posted

Ahaha, good picture.

and I could explain her probable reasons for replacing me with this specific guy by using Freudian psychology

She replaced you with... her father??

Kidding.

I don't know, though. If you want to be with her and she's willing, you could do it.

Fear of abandonment does stop a dude from doing that, though.

Why, exactly, do you want to fall out of love?

It's much harder than falling in.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't think I want to fall out of love anymore, but my reasoning was that I want to move on and not spend my time lingering on things that were. The problem with that reasoning is that I'm not actually lingering on the past, but rather hoping for the future. And I'm still struggling with this whole idea, but I'm about to just let it all go. Move on and let whatever happens happen.

Posted

Really? Why exactly is it that you feel that it's necessary to enter discussions about moderately serious discussions and ridicule the participants? I'll be perfectly honest and say that I don't appreciate that, as you haven't contributed anything of any significance at all, so I ask you to please not post here again unless you have something to contribute.

Posted

I don't think a thread about being in love with a girl is gay...

Anyways, best of luck with this situation. Very tough one indeed.

Posted

Hm. I don't see why you do not wish to be with her if you say you love her and it seems that she may very well love you too.

Posted

I don't think I understand the situation completely, but you should just talk to her about it. No beating around the bush. You don't want to end up regretting anything, and no matter how it would turn out afterwards you'd have a better chance of it ending a lot more quickly.

Posted

I have come to a point where I am no longer fighting it, and even though I accepted my feelings, the situation has yet to improve. I'll confess, I am in love. And I do mean love, and not like.

The reason the situation is difficult is that I am sure of my feelings, but I am completely unsure of hers. She obviously cares, as made obvious by the fact that she is constantly talking to me and asking serious questions, giving serious answers, and having deeper conversations than most of my friends, and that she obviously cares about what is happening in my life, but at the same time there is so much evidence to the contrary that I cannot be sure which is true.

And it's not like I can just outright ask her, as she has a boyfriend. And even if I didn't have enough respect to stop for that reason alone, he's super clingy. As in, he's constantly with her. If I tried to talk to her alone, I fear it would come to violence. And despitethe fact that I could totally take him in a fight (tae kwondo practitioner vs. weak college freshman), I also am not the kind of person to put either of them in such a scenario.

The pain of the whole thing isn't that I'm frustrated, but rather that I am immensely saddened by the fact that not only can I not be with her, but that I've tried to move on to other people and been rejected every time. Only adding on to that is the fact that my friends always leave me out wen they do things, regardless of whether it's going to the movies, the lake, or whatever. I haven't been invited anywhere in months.

The result? It leaves me feeling alone, like an outsider that wants to get in but is pushed out at every attempt. It leaves me feeling unwanted, simply because nobody will take the time to have me.

Posted

Reading all of this, it has a depressing feel to it. Cheer up a bit. I know all of this is hard, but at least look like you're cheered up. Also, a man has to do what he has to do. If you have to talk to her about something in private, walk up and ask. She has a fscking life of her own, and he's not that great of a boyfriend if he can't just let her talk a distance away to where the conversation can't be heard. I don't even mean out of sight, I mean just inaudible. To where he can watch you two but not hear you. I understand wanting to keep an eye on a guy trying to talk to my girl in private, so that's really all that the privacy has to be. Just get the conversation a good distance away, but to where he can watch you.

She has a boyfriend, and she's probably going to end up breaking up with him eventually. That would give you a chance, but you shouldn't go in immediately. Wait at least a couple of weeks unless if she gives off signs of wanting to be with you. If it becomes obvious that she likes you, you should prepare yourself to ask her out. I suggested the waiting, though, because she might feel bad about breaking up with him, and wouldn't want a relationship so soon.

I don't know if any of this advice would help, but I tried. I hope all goes well for you.

Posted

Well, I know that it will, in fact, end between the two of them eventually. And by eventually, I mean before the 20th of August, because that's when he has to be moved into college out of state (I know his roommate). And don't get me wrong, I'm a fairly patient person most of the time. But patience hasn't been enough to dispell the feeling that I'm less than others.

I guess I'm tired of being left out and ignored. The part about love is just icing on the cake.

Posted

If you don't want to be left out of things, you know what you should do? You should start planning things. If you plan the events- what movie to see, when to see it, other things- then they can't block you out.

But if it gets so extreme that you think you may need new friends, then a failsafe plan is to join the drama club. Make a fool of yourself onstage. They love that. Drama kids are usually nice, accepting, wholesome people with big hearts and huge personalities. I hope you can remedy things with your current group, though.

But don't worry, buddy. The sun shines, night and day.

Posted

Goodness gracious, they cannot understand what I tell them! I say, "Please include me," so they don't invite me to play Ultimare Frisbee. I say, "I would love to spend more time with you all," so they fail to ask me if I want to go to Medina lake with them.

And it just happens that the only way I ever find out about this is because the girl this topic has something of a focus on is kind enough to tell me about these things as she's on her way to them, but at the same time she can't talk because her boyfriend is there.

Maybe I will join Drama Club. Combined with tennis, I'd have enough friends who live near me and care a little to compensate for the ones that live a little ways away and don't seem to care at all.

Actually, I have a total of two real friends at church: Kelsey and Ariel. The two girls that I dated. Maybe I should just date all of the people there. Heaven knows that it seems to be the only way for me to make friends within my church. Except for when I'm doing a social experiment, that is. Maybe I should adopt the personality I used during the experiment as my full-time one, as it was a lot more popular than me.