Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do people like Toon Link?

139 posts in this topic

Posted

Yay for having Vio. |D

Posted

^Indeed.

I wonder what Saha would say about my post. Probably something bad I know that much.

Posted (edited)

i guess i like toon link but young link is way better. i just wish there could be young link on ssbb instead of toon link. :triforce::triforce::triforce::triforce::triforce::triforce:

Edited by #1zeldafan (see edit history)

Posted

I just thought of something last night about TL that might make me more of a d*** to you all.

That's still a bias, YLA. :/ And what do you mean by Forbidden Seven?

And Brawl's roster wasn't terrible at all. Its balance was terrible, though.

Also, YLA, you have to understand. How many games has Young Link been in? Like two. Toon Link basically has his own branch in the Zelda universe now. It makes more sense to put him on the roster.

Also, women can use bows and arrows. It's the men who are too stupid to get the hint that get shot, when they're supposed to be holding up their shields that supposedly reflect such arrows.

Also, Phantom Hourglass wasn't a dream. :/ Linebeck's ship was sailing near them after the ordeal in the exact way you left it, as in, with the same parts as what you put on it. Plus, Tetra and Link experienced the same thing, and jumped on the same boat that was obviously not normal. If anything, it could have been the same world you experienced in Link's Awakening.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I like Toon Link.

But realistic link is cool too. :)

Posted

They traveled into som ekind of an alternate dimension or world. For anybody who's played, remember the end? the ocean king says, "it is now time for you to return to your world."

Posted

That's still a bias, YLA. :/ And what do you mean by Forbidden Seven?

And Brawl's roster wasn't terrible at all. Its balance was terrible, though.

Also, YLA, you have to understand. How many games has Young Link been in? Like two. Toon Link basically has his own branch in the Zelda universe now. It makes more sense to put him on the roster.

Also, women can use bows and arrows. It's the men who are too stupid to get the hint that get shot, when they're supposed to be holding up their shields that supposedly reflect such arrows.

Also, Phantom Hourglass wasn't a dream. :/ Linebeck's ship was sailing near them after the ordeal in the exact way you left it, as in, with the same parts as what you put on it. Plus, Tetra and Link experienced the same thing, and jumped on the same boat that was obviously not normal. If anything, it could have been the same world you experienced in Link's Awakening.

Sahaqiel

Yes YL has been in 2. Toon Link has been in 2 as well, but he was in Brawl before PH came out. Thus he was only in one.

I've never played LA, but I still think it was a dream. Ooh you see Linbecks ship. That could've just meant that Linbeck was actually a real person, but he was somehow part of the dream. As for the Phantom Hourglass I can't say much, but seeing as they WOKE UP after game just implys that it was all a dream.

Posted

... Toon Link was only in two? Eh... I was considering The Link from The Four Swords saga and Minish Cap as Toon Link... o.o Was I wrong to?

Posted

YLA, there are now many gamers out there whose only Zelda they ever played is WW (and maybe now TP and PH). Toon Link really was a more obvious choice for Nintendo. Young Link's latest game was Majora's Mask which was released in 2000... I'm sorry too say this, but we're actually getting old ^^"

Not to say I didn't want Young Link to appear in Brawl, cause he was my favorite character in Melee. But Nintendo gave me Pit and Meta Knight so I'm not complaining.

Posted

^Yeah and left me with no one. :( So I had to learn how to use Lucas and that isn't as easy as it sounds.

Posted

Yes YL has been in 2. Toon Link has been in 2 as well, but he was in Brawl before PH came out. Thus he was only in one.

Arguably, Link's Awakening

Four Swords/ Adventures

Wind Waker

Minish Cap

Phantom Hourglass

Spirit Tracks

I've never played LA, but I still think it was a dream. Ooh you see Linbecks ship. That could've just meant that Linbeck was actually a real person, but he was somehow part of the dream. As for the Phantom Hourglass I can't say much, but seeing as they WOKE UP after game just implys that it was all a dream.

You obviously miss cues of creator's intent, don't you?

So they woke up, so what? Link gets transported to Holodrum/Labrynna and wakes up. Does that mean the sequence where he found the Triforce assembled was a dream? If so, then Link must have lived his whole life in Holodrum/Labrynna.

Phantom Hourglass and Link's Awakening both hint that their respective adventures were not dreams. And you built the ship in PH, so that's obviously saying something.

You need to pull your head out of wherever you keep it stashed and open your mind a bit.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Um. That's not Toon Link. Toon Link is Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass Link. If there's anything I know it's that.

Posted

I like him though not as much as the Oot/MM young link even if toon link is pretty darn funny.

Posted

YLA.

Why are you idiot? :|

Wind Waker Link:

windwaker_link.jpg

Four Swords/ Adventure Links:

ZeldaFourSwordsHeroes.jpg

Minish Cap Link:

art-002.jpg

Link's Awakening's photo sequence art style

Together, they make Toon Link, because "toon" denotes a style. It is not restricted to Wind Waker Link, because Wind Waker Link is a toon Link who is in Wind Waker. It's a style, not a specific character. Just as Young Link would be whichever realistically styled Link that is younger than the older teenage Link. This would be in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, since almost every other Link is more grown up. There aren't other examples of a child Link, since Links in the toon style are always adolescents of the 11-14 spectrum. (Or at least, appear to be.)

Sahaqiel

Posted

Link's Awakening Link =/= Toon Link

What is this. Sahaqiel.

>: (